UnevenEdge

Christmas Charity/Server Fundraiser Drive 2019

Hi all! In last year's inaugural drive, we successfully raised $520 to keep the lights on, and another $620 for sick kids via St. Jude's. It was enough of a success that we're ready for round two.

Here's how it will work this year - all money donated to the server fund will be split 50/50, with half funding website costs and half going to a charity selected by you. A number of charities have been brought up for this event, including:

If you are interested in one of these, or another charity program, please speak up and discuss! We will send the funds to whichever program garners the most support, made out in the name of J. Michael Crow (Admin/Luuv). All donations dated 12/4/19 through the end of the 2019 will be treated as part of the drive and split 50/50. Anyone who donates $20 or more during the event can line up for a custom rank as thanks, and anyone who donates can cash in on some free rep points if they like - just let me know in this thread or via PM!

Spoiler

As a matter of transparency, I drew the lucky straw to manage the drive this year. The money will be donated on behalf of the community, and not myself (professional fiduciary responsibilities are no joke). Beginning in January, we will be moving on from the PayPal pool and testing out a new vehicle for accepting contributions. If the kinks are worked out the way I hope, we will transition by immediately moving the whole amount of server funds (sans charity money) out of the PayPal to the new system to kickstart it off. If not, we will begin redirecting new contributions to the new system while drawing down the Christmas funds from PayPal for server costs as normal until it's zeroed out.

Please let us know your preference of charities, or why your charity would beat someone else's charity in a fistfight. And again, the list I've included is not comprehensive, it is made up of various charities that people have brought up. Let us know if you have any questions or have any ideas on how to improve the drive. Thanks!

20 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

As per my sig link, I'm guessing that if people managed to raise enough money for the servers for an entire year after the split for the charity, Pat would do the truffle shuffle on cam while wearing moobie pasties. 

Prove me wrong... <.< >.>

18 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

NONE OF THIS IS TRUE

I kinda want to see this 

On 12/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, katt_goddess said:

As per my sig link, I'm guessing that if people managed to raise enough money for the servers for an entire year after the split for the charity, Pat would do the truffle shuffle on cam while wearing moobie pasties. 

How much is enough? I can't see sigs so quote us a number.

20 minutes ago, crackymckrackin said:

How much is enough? I can't see sigs so quote us a number.

Well, the current fundraiser splits all donations between the server and whichever charity has the most 'votes' for it.

So...if the community raised enough money for a full year of server payments [ ~$1,500 just to be super safe and ensure a pillow if anything else comes up ] after the charity money was removed...that would be ~$3,000. 

If the fundraiser actually did make that much, KN would MAKE Pat bellydance on cam. :D:D:D:D 

6 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Well, the current fundraiser splits all donations between the server and whichever charity has the most 'votes' for it.

So...if the community raised enough money for a full year of server payments [ ~$1,500 just to be super safe and ensure a pillow if anything else comes up ] after the charity money was removed...that would be ~$3,000. 

If the fundraiser actually did make that much, KN would MAKE Pat bellydance on cam. :D:D:D:D 

I'll put in some calls to Warren Buffett. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, crackymckrackin said:

I'll put in some calls to Warren Buffett. 

Don't make me call your bluff, jerkwad. :P:D:D:D

I picked an honest number. But the likelihood of it happening is slim. Therefore, Pat's belly and moobs are probably safe. 

Unless I win Publisher's Clearinghouse. Then he is gonna dance! And Rogue will have to PUT HIS DAMN PANTS BACK ON! >:( Gawd. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Katt's estimate is super close.

Server runs around ~$92 a month right now, adding up to $1100+ tax. Email service is about $14/month, adding up to about $170+ tax. Another $20 or so per year to renew the domain. $25/6 months to keep IPB up to date, adding up to $50 +tax, so about $1340 give or take depending on our traffic and email usage. Throw in $12 for the couple red bulls I gotta buy whenever I do security updates. 😩

• Like 3

On 12/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, katt_goddess said:

NO. I WILL PROVE YOU RIGHT

On 12/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

NONE OF THIS IS TRUE

YES. IT IS. SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT’S TRUE. 

On 12/16/2019 at 1:47 PM, helpme said:

I kinda want to see this 

EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THIS. 

• Haha 1

Up the ante time. :P

If the community clears a confirmed-by-KN amount of $6,000 by midnight of January 1st, 2020 [ aka the last night of this donation drive because this isn't just for the server, it is for a charity as well ] , I will post a photo of myself dressed as Officer Jenny from Pokémon Abridged with a few conditions attached - 

1] I will still edit out my face because no one is going to look at that disaster anyway, even in make-ups. This is a given. The dress is horribly boob-forward. There is at least one person around here who has seen it and can attest to it because the bastard has a trigger finger when it comes to screen-shots on the ol' tinychat. >.<

2] It would be taken closer to Con time in August and not immediately now. Some medical shit makes me puffy and I freely admit as much. I am expecting new medical that will potentially remove all puffy for better or worse. 

3] I WILL BE WEARING UNDERPANTS WITH THE COSTUME. I know you perverts. This condition is now completely set in stone so HA.

I look forward to my old costume continuing to gather dust in the Mystery Closet. Prove me wrong. :P:P:P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Up the ante time. :P

If the community clears a confirmed-by-KN amount of $6,000 by midnight of January 1st, 2020 [ aka the last night of this donation drive because this isn't just for the server, it is for a charity as well ] , I will post a photo of myself dressed as Officer Jenny from Pokémon Abridged with a few conditions attached - 

1] I will still edit out my face because no one is going to look at that disaster anyway, even in make-ups. This is a given. The dress is horribly boob-forward. There is at least one person around here who has seen it and can attest to it because the bastard has a trigger finger when it comes to screen-shots on the ol' tinychat. >.<

2] It would be taken closer to Con time in August and not immediately now. Some medical shit makes me puffy and I freely admit as much. I am expecting new medical that will potentially remove all puffy for better or worse. 

3] I WILL BE WEARING UNDERPANTS WITH THE COSTUME. I know you perverts. This condition is now completely set in stone so HA.

I look forward to my old costume continuing to gather dust in the Mystery Closet. Prove me wrong. :P:P:P 

I remember officer Jenny. I don't have screen shots though. SOOOO MUCH BOOB.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, K_N said:

Katt's estimate is super close.

Server runs around ~$92 a month right now, adding up to $1100+ tax. Email service is about $14/month, adding up to about $170+ tax. Another $20 or so per year to renew the domain. $25/6 months to keep IPB up to date, adding up to $50 +tax, so about $1340 give or take depending on our traffic and email usage. Throw in $12 for the couple red bulls I gotta buy whenever I do security updates. 😩

Holy flippin' crap! Yeah, this needs to be twice a year. O_O

On 12/31/2019 at 2:58 AM, NumyMufn said:

Holy flippin' crap! Yeah, this needs to be twice a year. O_O

We're trying to figure out ways to bridge the gap, incentives for contributing or other ways to pay for the server. We tried ads but internally we decided the revenue wasn't worth the awful implementation.

The charity idea was pretty cool last year so we went with it again, though obviously it only goes half as far towards keeping the lights on because the other half goes to the chosen charity.

• 4 months later...
  • Raptorpat unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...