UnevenEdge

ONEPUNCH MAN SEASON 2 OCTOBER 12TH! (DEMON SLAYER TOO!)

3ngag3

7 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

So, it appears that after the most recent episode of Fire Force was aired in Japan, the show will be taking a three week break due to a sports event. This seems rather convenient, yes?

It’s better people don’t immediately compare it to Promare.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Toonami couldn't keep One Piece going on the block. It'd just be a waste of money and a timeslot to pick up the other long-runner that looks like the generic Walmart version of One Piece and expect people to watch it.

I wouldn't consider it that.  And if anything, viewers would find Fairy Tail more accessible than One Piece.  But I said to air it years ago, not now.  I am not the one who made that Reddit post.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, Daos said:

This is all you need to know about Panty and Stocking

LOL yup I definitely need to watch this show!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:41 PM, elfie said:

You already know what kind of show that is. So you'll be fine as long as you keep that mindset while watching.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, DangerMouse said:

LMAO, yup.

It's another really fun Imaishi show (same director as Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, etc.).

Plus it would have been a perfect reaction show on the boards with all the crazy lines and dirty jokes lmao xD

Oh okay, I didn't know that.  Well that could explain a lot lol.  And I did like both of those shows.

Yeah it would have been great for that!

On 9/18/2019 at 1:01 AM, mochi said:

AKA the show Vic Mignogna's accusers claim proves his innocence because his two major accusers voice sluts in is, since fictional characters TOOOTALLY prove the REAL WOMEN who voice them are sluts who's testimony can't be trusted

His dumbfuck lawyer came up with that one.  Gotta love that nonsensical logic.  At least much of Vic's case has been dismissed, with the rest likely to follow.  And with anti-SLAPP, Vic will be on the hook for the defendants' legal bills, which means that GoFundMe money that his cult of fans and the anti-SJW/red piller bandwagon jumping jackasses donated to will be going to Jamie, Monica, and Funimation, along with whatever else money Vic has left.  Hope it was worth it, Vic!

On 9/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, 3ngag3 said:

So, it appears that after the most recent episode of Fire Force was aired in Japan, the show will be taking a three week break due to a sports event. This seems rather convenient, yes?

Please post your source. I don't see ANYTHING about this on ANN.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=21852

I even half-spoiled myself with Episode 11's review but I couldn't see it mentioned there. Seems to me like you're just making stuff up.

Either way, this has nothing to do with Toonami's new shows.

But Fire Force would only be interrupted on the 28th by the marathon, and if this is true, could actually air on Toonami a day after Japan starting with Episode 12:

• September 20-21: Episode 11 aired in Japan, dub produced by FUNi NOW; Episode 9 aired on Toonami
  • September 27-28: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW or on Toonami
  • October 4-5: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW but Episode 10 airs on Toonami
  • October 11-12: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW but Episode 11 airs on Toonami
  • October 18-19: Fire Force returns in Japan/on FUNi NOW with Episode 12, which airs the next night on Toonami!
Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Please post your source. I don't see ANYTHING about this on ANN.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=21852

I even half-spoiled myself with Episode 11's review but I couldn't see it mentioned there. Seems to me like you're just making stuff up.

Either way, this has nothing to do with Toonami's new shows.

But Fire Force would only be interrupted on the 28th by the marathon, and if this is true, could actually air on Toonami a day after Japan starting with Episode 12:

• September 20-21: Episode 11 aired in Japan, dub produced by FUNi NOW; Episode 9 aired on Toonami
  • September 27-28: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW or on Toonami
  • October 4-5: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW but Episode 10 airs on Toonami
  • October 11-12: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW but Episode 11 airs on Toonami
  • October 18-19: Fire Force returns in Japan/on FUNi NOW with Episode 12, which airs the next night on Toonami!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

Thanks. I found another source which corroborates it. Of course, this changes my projection thus:

• September 20-21: Episode 11 airs in Japan, dub produced by FUNi NOW; Episode 9 airs on Toonami
  • September 27-28: No Fire Force in Japan/on FUNi NOW or on Toonami due to DBS marathon
  • October 11-12: Fire Force returns in Japan/on FUNi NOW with Episode 12, and Episode 11 airs on Toonami

So, when all the smoke clears, going forward it looks like Fire Force will be a week behind Japan and FUNi NOW on Toonami.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 10:32 PM, 3ngag3 said:

So, with Demon Slayer now set in the schedule, it should be noted that there will be a movie which will cover an arc that's set up at the end of the season.

I.E. Season 2 will be a movie.

Why would the do part of the canon story as a movie?  And what are the chances we even see this movie on Toonami given they rarely air movies anymore?  Not good.

Had to read the Reddit thread to see what that meant.  I thought at first an OP was changed between the TV version and Blu-Ray and "Ghosting" was a band, since they capitalized that for some reason.

But no  -

GreyouTT
Ghosting is the thing where you still see part of the previous frame of animation while the new one is up right?

leoleosuper
Stuff like that yeah. It might not always be the entire frame, but it is a large part of it.

~

SnakeMAn46
Can someone explain to me what ghosting is?

_Doctor_Sauce_
It's the blurring effect that they used to mask the fact that they barely animated anything

~

Yeah, that doesn't good.

MECHan0Kl
Were there news that the blue-ray version won't have ghosting? In fact if anyone has any info on the blue-ray (what are the changes, when can we expect a release), I would love if you share it.

PahoehoeLavaFlow
The Blue Ray version will remove the blurring that is added to the television version to prevent seizures. The ghosting was a technique used for speedy movements, it will likely not be removed.

FUCK!  AGAIN WITH THE FUCKING SEIZURE BULLSHIT?!

And why is Reddit not letting me copy links to Reddit replies on mobile anymore?

Aniplex announced the dub cast of Demon Slayer.

Tanjiro Kamado: Zach Aguilar
Nezuko Kamado: Abby Trott
Zenitsu Agatsuma: Aleks Le
Inosuke Hashibira: Bryce Papenbrook
Giyu Tomioka: Johnny Yong Bosch
Sakonji Urokodaki: Brook Chalmers

ADR Director: Steve Staley

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Not watching a shitty show makes him bad?

You say that like I haven't seen my fair share of what you would consider "shitty" shows. But yeah, I've never had any interest in Fairy Tail. Too many characters with too many annoying designs, and surprisingly, the blatant Shanks expy is one of the ones I can actually tolerate looking at for long periods of time.