UnevenEdge

What Video Game Scared You To Death?

zombieninjakitten

I tend to play the 'tamer' games as a rule. Mario and Zelda type things, occasionally pokemon just because it has variations and you can ignore the crap out of it forever and still be able to pick it up and again without really missing a beat. 

I think the first time I came across a giant squid in 'Windwalker' though. It popped up behind me and I had the rumble-pack on so the controller went insane before I even saw anything. :D Scared the crap out of me. 

The original DeadSpace. When I bought it, I think I played 5 mins and put it away for .... like a really long time. When I picked it back up I had be brave for like maybe an hour and then afterwards I was cool enough to aim properly and not freak out. 

Fond memories of DeadSpace 

• Thanks 1

Not a scary game, but the bonelords and greater bonewalkers from morrowind scared the hell out of me.

Its not that they kill you, its that they destroy your strength with every hit. Now you've killed it and you can't move because you aren't strong enough to lift a foot. Have fun being imprisoned in a dungeon forever.

Also, that alien game. Again, not super scary, but impossible for me to keep going after i die continuously in the exact same spot because that motherfucker is inescapable. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I can remember scaring me was Yoshi's Island. Yeah that game. When I was a little kid my parents always told me that playing games at night caused bad things to happen, and the very first time I played at night I got that final boss fight. I have no idea how old I was, I just know it scared me to death.