UnevenEdge

Toonami Off-Topic Thread 1.5

PokeNirvash

Wasn't really meant to be racist; as obviously the word "black" has connotations in Americanized English that its translation "kuro" does not in Japanese. You wouldn't describe a Negroid child as a "Kuro Ko." "Kuro" simply means the color black.

A Black person IS sometimes refered to as "kuroi" though. Or perhaps even "niguro".

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wasn't really meant to be racist; as obviously the word "black" has connotations in Americanized English that its translation "kuro" does not in Japanese. You wouldn't describe a Negroid child as a "Kuro Ko." "Kuro" simply means the color black.

A Black person IS sometimes refered to as "kuroi" though. Or perhaps even "niguro".

You're kinda digging a grave here

Also read this

https://mangadex.org/title/21562/kusuriya-no-hitorigoto

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2018 at 1:13 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Alabama and the Citadel TIED with 10 a piece in the first half!!

And then Alabama scored five unanswered TDs.

This is largely unrelated, but I'm happy the Larry Nassar scandal and the lack of action taken to it made me think of all college athletics as a general evil. :ph34r:

Edit: I hope you didn't like this for the aspect involving sexual abuse of teenage gymnasts.

Edited by Blatch
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, Daos said:

LOLLL you're gonna be disappointed in S3.

Spoilers are a cardinal sin here.  And also hinting on the old ASMB.  Not sure about here but I'll look into it.  The mods even edited one of Gman's post where he revealed that Goku or somebody goes Super Saiyan in DBZ, when he refused to edit the post at my insistence.  So shush.  Bad enough you already spoiled me on Deku losing the tournament because you linked a Youtuber ranting about Black Clover and he made that comparison to My Hero Academia "he lost the tournament and I'm glad he lost."  Your partial motivation may have also been to annoy elfie by linking to that Youtuber he doesn't like.

Edited by ben0119
  • D'oh 2

13 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Spoilers are a cardinal sin here.  And also hinting on the old ASMB.  Not sure about here but I'll look into it.  The mods even edited one of Gman's post where he revealed that Goku or somebody goes Super Saiyan in DBZ, when he refused to edit the post at my insistence.  So shush.  Bad enough you already spoiled me on Deku losing the tournament because you linked a Youtuber ranting about Black Clover and he made that comparison to My Hero Academia "he lost the tournament and I'm glad he lost."  Your partial motivation may have also been to annoy elfie by linking to that Youtuber he doesn't like.

Show me on the doll where the bad youtuber touched you.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Is "All Might's powers continue to fade as the series goes on, exactly like the show has already stated would happen" really a spoiler?

For Ben it is? It was a pretty general statement. It could have meant literally anything, like say.... All Might gets no screen time in S3.

Spoiler alert, in Fairytail Natsu gives a speech about friendship and then wins.

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2018 at 1:03 AM, Daos said:

For Ben it is? It was a pretty general statement. It could have meant literally anything, like say.... All Might gets no screen time in S3.

Spoiler alert, in Fairytail Natsu gives a speech about friendship and then wins.

No, you were hinting at a big spoiler.  You know what you did.

On 11/21/2018 at 12:23 AM, EmpressAngel said:

Is "All Might's powers continue to fade as the series goes on, exactly like the show has already stated would happen" really a spoiler?

I'll bet money that's NOT what he was talking about.  Daos really needs to watch it.

• D'oh 2

Nexium Overview

Nexium is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).  Nexium may also be prescribed to heal acid-related damage to the lining of the esophagus (erosive esophagitis) and to help continue this healing.  Nexium is also used to prevent ulcers caused by NSAIDs and H. Pylori bacteria, and for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Nexium is a prescription medication used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD.  Nexium is also used to treat and prevent the return of stomach ulcers.  Nexium is in a class of medications called proton pump inhibitors which work by decreasing the amount of acid made by the stomach.

This medication is available as delayed-release capsules and as packets for preparation of delayed-release oral suspensions.  The oral forms are usually taken once a day, at least one hour before a meal.

This medication is also available in an injectable form to be given directly into a vein (IV) by a healthcare provider, usually once daily.

Common side effects include headache, diarrhea, and nausea.

Nexium may cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how Nexium affects you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still have vertigo.  I can't keep taking this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.healthline.com/health/prednisone-oral-tablet

Important warnings

Immune system effects warning: Prednisone may weaken your immune system.  A weakened immune system makes you more likely to get infections.  Avoid being near people who are sick or have recently been sick, especially with chickenpox or measles.  These infections can be serious or deadly in people who have had them before and who have lowered immunity due to this drug.  Tell your doctor about any recent infections or if you develop any symptoms of an infection, such as fever, chills, or body aches.

Live vaccines warning: Don’t receive live vaccines while taking prednisone in high doses.  If you do, your immune system might not be able to handle the vaccine properly.  This may lead to an infection. If you’re not sure if a vaccine is a live vaccine, ask your doctor.

What is prednisone?

Prednisone is a prescription steroid drug. It comes as an immediate-release tablet, a delayed-release tablet, and a liquid solution. You take all of these forms by mouth.

Prednisone works by weakening your immune system. This action blocks chemicals that normally cause inflammation as part of your body’s immune response, and can help decrease inflammation in many parts of your body.

Prednisone side effects

Prednisone oral tablet doesn’t cause drowsiness but can cause other side effects.

More common side effects

The more common side effects that can occur with prednisone include:

Acne

confusion

excitement

restlessness

headache

nausea

vomiting

thinning skin

acne

trouble sleeping

weight gain

Serious side effects

Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects.  Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency.  Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

Severe allergic reactions

Changes in emotions or moods, such as depression

Changes in vision, Eye pain

Infection. Symptoms can include: fever or chills, cough, sore throat, trouble or pain in passing urine.

High blood sugar. Symptoms can include: increased thirst passing urine more often, feeling sleepy or confused swelling of your ankles or feet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prednisone gives side effects that are same symptoms as a bi-polar manic episode.  It is the cause and not my bi-polar disorder...

I also have cough, sore throat, had body aches, think I have fever, and looks like I may have high blood sugar.

My doctor said Prednisone was supposed to make me feel better quickly.  It has not done that at all.  Instead, I feel much worse since taking it.

Well, that's just Prime.  Should I try to see my regular doctor or just go to the hospital?

Edited by ben0119
  • Confused 1
  • D'oh 1