UnevenEdge

C. Martin Croker memorial article alleges serious misconduct from Adult Swim

Jman

43 minutes ago, mochi said:

I mean Frylock's voice actor ended up homeless because they tricked him into signing a contract that enabled them to never pay him for the work he did for them so this isn't even remotely shocking

Cite?

18 minutes ago, Clu said:

Cite?

This touches on his money troubles and apparently his landlord sold the house and they had to vacate, but it looks like it's because he didn't join the union which left him out of certain guarantees in his contract. https://www.forbes.com/sites/russespinoza/2017/09/30/aqua-teen-hunger-force-stars-leading-very-different-lives-as-famed-voice-actors/#1cd75f1b1ee4

I was going to post this. Thanks for doing so. He helped make [adult swim] into what it became. For them to treat him like that is downright horrible.

I'm glad I quit watching [adult swim] years ago. If I want to watch Bob's Burgers, I'll gladly watch it on Fox or TBS. Fuck [adult swim].

Edited by RPM Jr.
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:02 AM, RPM Jr. said:

I was going to post this. Thanks for doing so. He helped make [adult swim] into what it became. For them to treat him like that is downright horrible.

I'm glad I quit watching [adult swim] years ago. If I want to watch Bob's Burgers, I'll gladly watch it on Fox or TBS. Fuck [adult swim].

... if you quit watching, why do you still post on this board? Not that it's the official Adult Swim board anymore...

5 hours ago, elfie said:

... if you quit watching, why do you still post on this board? Not that it's the official Adult Swim board anymore...

People came to the boards initially because of [adult swim] and stayed for the community they found. Over the years, people lost their cable connections, favorite shows disappeared [often to be replaced with garbage] , and the people they had connected with on the inside left the building, but the general community withstood. The boards are the community, not the corporation. 

And the corporation needed the insulation of the community. But the community has itself. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 1:02 AM, RPM Jr. said:

The more I learn about Mike Lazzo and the other assholes running Adult Swim, the more they disgust me. Before deactivating my Twitter account last year, I lurked at the official page for Adult Swim. On their Twitter page, they had posted that "TV is the Internet for stupid people" or something similar.

The fact that Adult Swim continuously loves disguising their insults as jokes and condescends to their own viewers yet constantly beg us to keep watching their shitty programming is sickening.

They canceled The Boondocks, Metalocalypse, and removed the their nightly Anime block, before relaunching Toonami on their network for only certain fandoms.

Right now, I'm watching Adult Swim for only 3 Action Anime titles on Toonami. Otherwise, I don't waste time turning on Adult Swim anymore.

The network's programming is just as shitty as their attitudes. Adult Swim assumes everybody is oblivious to them being assholes, including Mike Lazzo but we're not.

You know, I should be turned off by all this unsavory stuff I'm learning about [as] behind the scenes... but I'm just not. Does that make me a bad person, or just way more patient than the rest of you losers?

On 8/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, PurgatoryGirl said:

The fact that Adult Swim continuously loves disguising their insults as jokes and condescends to their own viewers yet constantly beg us to keep watching their shitty programming is sickening.

The only thing that's sickening is the fact that you seriously think their weird sense of humor isn't humor at all. And also the fact that you call it "sickening".

He had to sell a copy of Fantastic Four #1 to make a mortgage payment?

The photos of his toy collection are pretty cool: purple Godzilla on the top right shelf of the first picture to Doctor Doom and Captain America and various other Marvel comic book characters on the top shelf of the bottom picture, and then on the shelves below there are more cool things like the Herculoids, Space Ghost characters to the right of them, looks like exclusively DC characters on the top right shelf, and then he's got that big breasted woman right next to his work space.

He must have taken a back seat at Adult Swim a long time ago if that's how he was being treated because I don't think he's had anything to do with any popular show (e.g. Rick and Morty) recently. At least Toonami gave him a short tribute, but yeah the article makes it seem like he was living paycheck to paycheck toward the end. RIP, Moltar, we'll always remember. 💥

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

You know, I should be turned off by all this unsavory stuff I'm learning about [as] behind the scenes... but I'm just not. Does that make me a bad person, or just way more patient than the rest of you losers?

The only thing that's sickening is the fact that you seriously think their weird sense of humor isn't humor at all. And also the fact that you call it "sickening".

HA! I'm sorry to break it you, but the fact that hardly any of Adult Swim's veteran viewers remain glued to our screens is very telling. Also, I don't sit around behind the screen for mindless hours calculating cartoon ratings on my fingers and toes or depending on the latest TV review to tell me what I shouldn't like because it doesn't fit their narrative at the time.

The biggest problem that a nice portion of us other viewers, who can see the big picture is that Adult Swim expects for everybody to kiss their asses and promotes divisiveness. That's especially a major problem I have with Adult Swim and the viewers like you, personally.

Even some of the other voice actors and Adult Swim's employees complained and quit.

You think you're putting somebody in their place but you're not. And yes, I'll say it again. SICKENING!

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Thanks 1

Hey, don't go assuming I'm the kind of viewer who whole-heartedly believes [as] could do no wrong, just because I'm not as repulsed by their less savory business practices as you are. Believe me, I know some of the things [as] has done in the past have been pretty shitty. Hell, I'm even pissed at them myself for something they arguably did. A rumor I heard that they never wanted to pick up Venture Bros. and set them up for failure from the start with a Saturday premiere slot, and that they've only been renewing it up to this point because Jackson and Doc are the official script doctors for all their other shows and they don't want to risk alienating them from the company if they thought to shut it down. Now I doubt even half of that is true (the setting VB up for failure part), but even if it is, it doesn't bother me as much as their "disgusting" actions bother you, because Jackson and Doc got payback by making an honest-to-god great show that's better than most things on TV - yes, even factoring in the excruciatingly long periods between seasons - which I personally feel is enough to offset whatever shady intentions Lazzo had for them from the start. Still, false or not, pissed or not, I'm not going to deny the things they did and just pretend they're some perfect network. [as] has stuff I want to see - Toonami, Venture Bros., Mike Tyson Mysteries, and Off the Air once I catch up on it - so I'm not just going to quit watching them and rob myself of those things I honestly enjoy just because of some mistreatment that, while regrettable, doesn't nettle me enough to make me swear them off forever.

So thanks. I've been looking for an excuse to block you, and your insulting attempt at putting me in my place gave me one. B|

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Hey, don't go assuming I'm the kind of viewer who whole-heartedly believes [as] could do no wrong, just because I'm not as repulsed by their less savory business practices as you are. Believe me, I know some of the things [as] has done in the past have been pretty shitty. Hell, I'm even pissed at them myself for something they arguably did. A rumor I heard that they never wanted to pick up Venture Bros. and set them up for failure from the start with a Saturday premiere slot, and that they've only been renewing it up to this point because Jackson and Doc are the official script doctors for all their other shows and they don't want to risk alienating them from the company if they thought to shut it down. Now I doubt even half of that is true (the setting VB up for failure part), but even if it is, it doesn't bother me as much as their "disgusting" actions bother you, because Jackson and Doc got payback by making an honest-to-god great show that's better than most things on TV - yes, even factoring in the excruciatingly long periods between seasons - which I personally feel is enough to offset whatever shady intentions Lazzo had for them from the start. Still, false or not, pissed or not, I'm not going to deny the things they did and just pretend they're some perfect network. [as] has stuff I want to see - Toonami, Venture Bros., Mike Tyson Mysteries, and Off the Air once I catch up on it - so I'm not just going to quit watching them and rob myself of those things I honestly enjoy just because of some mistreatment that, while regrettable, doesn't nettle me enough to make me swear them off forever.

So thanks. I've been looking for an excuse to block you, and your insulting attempt at putting me in my place gave me one. B|

I haven't sworn off Adult Swim completely. Like I said in a previous post, I only watch Adult Swim for 3 shows at the moment. Otherwise, I don't waste time watching them like I used to years ago.

Also, thanks for putting me on block! You're not exactly someone I really care to respond to, much less see in any of the threads around this board. Consider it a win-win for the both us. Now, you have more time to play Pokemon Go. Pika-pika, squirtle-squirtle.;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zenigundam said:

Venture Bros sucks. I consider it what happens when you mix Jonny Quest with Clone High, only Family Guy and Bob's Burgers make the comedy portion of Adult Swim good.

You got your beta ass handed to you for trying to spam up Toonami with your shit. Do not start that crap in here either. :|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

You're the one who called her, me, and those like us who choose to either not watch [adult swim] or watch it sparingly losers. What kind of response did you expect from her? One filled with gratitude?

So here's my response, Pokey. "Oh, thank you, PokeNirvash, for calling us losers. We had no idea your opinion of [adult swim] was so important that you took it upon yourself to be the ultimate arbiter of taste regarding what is on television. Goodness me, next time I want to watch a baseball game, I should look to you so you can tell me to go watch paint dry since that would be (in your likely opinion) much more entertaining. In other words, shut the hell up and sit the hell down."

• Thanks 1

Welp, posting in this thread was a mistake. That's the last time I try to act like I know what I'm talking about while misinterpreting what other people think, if doing so paints me to look like a complete asshole that gets triggered by even the slightest bit of negativity towards something he likes. In other words, sorry for offending you with my offense, I'll leave you all alone now.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Welp, posting in this thread was a mistake. That's the last time I try to act like I know what I'm talking about while misinterpreting what other people think, if doing so paints me to look like a complete asshole that gets triggered by even the slightest bit of negativity towards something he likes. In other words, sorry for offending you with my offense, I'll leave you all alone now.

You know what? I'm simply going to let this all slide because I honestly feel, that there was some misunderstanding of what I said. If memory serves me right, you and I both like at least some of the same shows currently airing on Saturdays.

Once again, I watch Adult Swim for only 3 shows right now. Otherwise, I don't watch Adult Swim on the weeknights like I did in the past. Until the network starts airing other shows I might happen to like, I will try watching more Adult Swim again.

Just to let you know, I barely post on this board anymore because my time is mostly preoccupied on and offline. That's not including the fact, that barely anyone exists here anymore.

There's too much toxicity and divisiveness and my hobbies, interests, views, lifestyle, etc. simply do not resonate with those who still remain here.

When somebody is not treating this site like it's their personal social media accounts with them constantly posting selfies for fap material or to be fetishized by thirsty creeps, there are wannabe Siskel & Ebert critics nit picking everything and everyone to death. I may be critical, but not to the extent as others are on here.

The very few movies and shows I do actually like today, someone is nit picking them.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 2