UnevenEdge

03/11/2017 for Samurai Jack S5!

Blatch

At this point, it's either, air DB Super at 11:00 along with the 8:00 showing, or move everything back a half-hour so Super airs at midnight. Given what happened the last time they tried a move en masse, I don't think they'd be willing to do it. Though this time, it's merely a nuisance for people who now have to stay up a half-hour later to watch their favorite shows, but it might also take them beyond their stamina.

Or they could air DBS at 8:00 only, but that would be weird.

Yup, March 11th; one week before the 20th anniversary celebration. This is from an [adult swim] bumper. CabooseJR might post it up at some point.

Get hyped! And prepare to fight for the world to still exist by that date.

More like "Pray" for the world to still exist, if you believe. Trump doesn't want an "F" on his first 100 days report, because that would send him into a mad rage or something!

This is a great move, but SO many questions since Dragon Ball Super is currently playing there and won't be ending anytime soon. I wonder if DBS's destiny was to play at 11 PM all along; they just couldn't find a stop gap show to allow it to start there, and wanted to phase in the full 11 PM-3:30 AM expansion (if not 11-4). Funny, Mob Psycho probably would have fit the bill nicely, if maybe a little off since that would have meant we'd get Samurai Jack S5 on April 1st instead of March 11th.

I am now picking either Lupin III Part 4 or Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga to replace JoJo Part 2 IF the dub isn't ready to just keep on going with Part 3. But it now also seems Attack on Titan S2 will replace Samurai Jack S5, but how? Theoretically, that means it would debut on May 20th right before taking a break for a week after only putting out a single episode, but they wouldn't do that, right? Also, Memorial Day marathon SJS5 from 11-4 seems academic--or does it? A "hype" mini-marathon of the first season of AOT right before could also be interesting, but I also feel SJS5 should get a takeover night. Maybe May 20th, which would be really weird, but technically there'd be a hole there!

Other interesting theory: Samurai Jack S5 won't get the full run of 10 episodes all at once, but rather 5 from March 11th-April 8th, and 5 more later this year. That would result in Attack on Titan S2's simuldub taking its place on April 15th! Would that even be possible? The Stohess Arc "hype" mini-marathon COULD still happen with a partial takeover on April 8th, which would simply shelve GITS for a week and expand Toonami to 4:30 AM that night with the last 3 episodes of Season 1.

Also, March 11th is a very interesting date, since it's also the day we spring forward, and Adult Swim coughs up an hour that night. In 2015 and 2016 that didn't affect Toonami, but before that, it did. What will happen this year? Will action actually take 5.5 hours out of Adult Swim's 9 hours that night? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on expansion to 4 AM just yet. If it is going to happen and give GITS a rerun companion, maybe March 18th would make more sense. A limited rerun of AOT S1 leading up to Season 2 would be interesting.

Whatever they decide to do with this show, and its replacement, as well as the fact that it is definitely displacing Super, is going to be interesting.

More like "Pray" for the world to still exist, if you believe. Trump doesn't want an "F" on his first 100 days report, because that would send him into a mad rage or something!

Praying won't do too much, I'm afraid. You should either call your congresspeople or participate in protest rallies.

Good news if I ever heard it!  I do have to say that 11:30 is quite an interesting time for the show to air; I would have expected midnight at the earliest.  There's no way this is gonna air before DBS, and I doubt they'll take away the Toonami showing (not after promoting it so much), so I guess that means Super is moving to 11.  Toonami is slowly getting it's hours back. 

Consider what Adult Swim Saturdays will most likely look like after this:

8 PM Dragon Ball Super Sneak Premiere

8:30 Samurai Jack S5 Encore

9 PM FOX Comedy or Rick & Morty x2

10 PM Family Guy x2

11 PM Dragon Ball Super Toonami Near-Premiere

11:30 Samurai Jack S5 Premiere

12 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai

12:30 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

1 AM Gundam Unicorn

1:30 Hunter x Hunter

2 AM Naruto Shippuden

2:30 One Piece

3 AM Ghost In The Shell

3:30 Another Toonami Rerun? (Would begin March 18th*)

4 AM Repeat 9 PM

5 AM King of the Hill x2

*As March 11th is "Spring Forward" day, GITS would be at 4 AM on that day only, and 4:30-5:30 would be repeat of 9 PM hour, followed by a single KOTH.

• 2 weeks later...

This is uncharted territory for the AS Toonami!. I have a feeling that the intent from here on out is to keep the 11:00 PM timeslot.  I feel that Titan and FLCL will occupy the slots after Jack I also feel that at some point we may get back 3:30 as a slot to air shows that are free to them (Space Dandy, IGPX,  etc....). The question is whether or not they can catch more of that casual  Family Guy audience with Samurai Jack than with Super. I feel the 8:00 PM mandate for Super has sort of limited what it can do at 11:30.  Hell, you might even get people to tune in for Jack that would never have interest in anime who might stick around for the rest of the block.

Wouldn't it be something if Jack gets a weekday rerun if it does well? Many of their recent originals have gotten this.

Its crazy to think that when March rolls around, Samurai Jack will be Adult Swims only premiering original series. Nothing else has been announced yet.  Everything else they have premiering is licensed content, we have Supermansion in a promo deal with Crackle and sporadic week delay airings of new Family Guys (American Dad seems to be on hiatus and Bob's Burgers still hasn't aired anything from the current season).

• 2 weeks later...

I occasionally wonder, if Jack does undo this future won't be be causing millions of lives to be erased

but then I remember that every villain Jack kills is filled with oil and seems to be a robot and I realize none of the people Jack helped were actually alive