UnevenEdge

a mini-essay on how gay Naruto is **spoilers**

mochi

ignoring the spoiler that he marries and fucks Hinata after showing no romantic or sexual interest in her, EVER before doing so

he also has no idea what a sexy woman looks like, but has a very wide and diverse idea of what sexy men look like, case in point

his "Sexy Jutsu" is just him in drag

tumblr_inline_p7g1b3LbHO1rqfb5i_540.png

whereas in one issue of the manga he invents a male sexy jutsu

and....well

tumblr_inline_p7g1b4jX8r1rqfb5i_540.png

note none of them look like Him, they all look radically different, and two of them look like Sasuke (one also looks like Jugo)

which means Naruto has no actual taste concerning women's looks....if his ideal sexy woman is just himself with a wig on

9 hours ago, Daos said:

Isn't it strange that so many Shonen protagonists have zero interest in women? Luffy, Natsu, Goku, Naruto?

Anyone ever wonder why that became the popular trend?

because of Goku

in classic Dragonball Goku was incapable of telling what gender people were based on their appearance and the only way he could tell people's gender's apart was by grabbing their crotches or by asking them, he also had no concept of beauty and thought everyone regardless of gender or appearance was equally beautifull

effectively little Goku was either totally asexual or was pansexual based on context

yet he's forced to marry Chichi because apparently nobody in their world takes into consideration that Goku is so simple that he has no idea what marriage even means and he has no actual romantic feelings for Chichi at all

and all the big smash hit Shonen mangas since Dragonball have been rip-offs of Dragonball......so their protagonists follow suit by being 100% unattracted to girls....but then end up married to a girl at the end anyway even though they spend the entire series either ignoring girls, or in some cases (like Monkey D. Luffy) actually having canonically admitted they have no attraction to women what-so-ever

SOME Mangas do actually give an explaination why their protagonists ignore women, like in Fairy Tail they eventually confirm that Natsu's apparent asexuality is because he actually had a girlfriend once before, but she died and he still hadn't fully moved on from her yet so he was actively avoiding romance

11 hours ago, Daos said:

Isn't it strange that so many Shonen protagonists have zero interest in women? Luffy, Natsu, Goku, Naruto?

Given that the target audience for shonen is adolescent boys, I'd assume that a lot of authors just avoid the topic of romance so as to not alienate their audience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Given that the target audience for shonen is adolescent boys, I'd assume that a lot of authors just avoid the topic of romance so as to not alienate their audience.

there's one problem with your theory that they're trying to keep the mangas kid friendly by avoiding romance

b53.png

this

Fairytail is especially bad on this because those guys are surrounded by nothing but girls with playmate bodies yet somehow it never gives any of these teenage guys so much as an erection.

Gotta focus on training!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Daos said:

Goku was actually explained by genetics. Saiyan's weren't meant to have long term relationships. They were meant to find the strongest mate, and only stay together for a short time then wander off to battle. Interestingly enough Goku did have children with the strongest woman on earth "at the time". Toriyama said that the only reason that he's still with Chichi is that she's in "his" house and doesn't leave and she cooks food. So eventually he does just wander off for battle like his genetics tell him to, but when he returns Chichi just never left his house so he's stuck with her. 

Natsu seems to change interest depending on what the story calls for, but for the most part I think Erza desensitized him and Gray as both are people she is fine bathing nude with them. 

Luffy at least got a handjob from Margaret, but overall he's too focused on being a pirate for now. In the past movies/ova I think I remember him getting nose bleeds when seeing Nami's tits. As well Nami remarked the price she'd be charging them as usual which kinda leads me to think that the crew regularly paid her for peep shows. 

Naruto could have went gay for one major reason, and that is HunterxHunter. If anyone has seen them both then you'll notice that Naruto "mimics" many aspects from HXH. As for in the show Naruto does have deeper emotional bonds with other males. Even one of the first adults he fell for was a trap. As for Hinata the only relationship interactions he had with her was in filler arcs and movies, outside of the time she fought Neji and the time she fought pain to defend him.  

• Like 1

I think it's some sort of a cultural thing to be honest. Seinen heroes typically are interested in girls and even have sex while Shonen heroes show no interest or get a nosebleed when they see a ladies bra.

Maybe young Japanese boys don't want to read about their heroes getting romantically involved with girls or having real feelings?

6 minutes ago, Daos said:

I think it's some sort of a cultural thing to be honest. Seinen heroes typically are interested in girls and even have sex while Shonen heroes show no interest or get a nosebleed when they see a ladies bra.

Maybe young Japanese boys don't want to read about their heroes getting romantically involved with girls or having real feelings?

Girls crushing on girls is apparently pretty normal in japan. However it's viewed as a phase and they'll grow out of it to be a wife and have children. Pretty much the prim motive for japanese women is to get married so they don't have to work. It's one of the reasons why Americans have been stealing up Japanese girls. Mainly being that you don't visit Japan if you're broke and have a bad job, and Japanese girls know this. As well Mixed children have better chances of getting into high end schools in japan. 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:47 PM, Daos said:

This makes more sense. The cultural idea that boys should be grossed out by girls, love, and kissing is something that is prevalent in alot of kids media both here and abroad. Having shounen heroes avoid boobs and romance is more likely the response towards the idea that love and affection is gross and gets in the way of the pursuit of adventure.

It's not until a manga is nearly over when love is even a part of the equation, and by then, the young readers are growing old enough to ask themselves why the hero never gave his romantic interest a boob touch after all this time.

14 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

This makes more sense. The cultural idea that boys should be grossed out by girls, love, and kissing is something that is prevalent in alot of kids media both here and abroad. Having shounen heroes avoid boobs and romance is more likely the response towards the idea that love and affection is gross and gets in the way of the pursuit of adventure.

It's not until a manga is nearly over when love is even a part of the equation, and by then, the young readers are growing old enough to ask themselves why the hero never gave his romantic interest a boob touch after all this time.

except of course for Goku who literally felt nothing for Chichi and didn't want to Marry her even as an adult....but did anyway because everyone told him he had no choice

image.thumb.png.0f0872c7c7616b0362f5eabc83c1c297.png

c2993acc5d604f1cf5a3b897dfe0203b.jpg

My Hero Academia is different in this regard, it's MC has a very visible and obvious crush on a girl and responds to female sexual attention (as do multiple other boys and even a couple of the girls though not to the same extent).

Another example of popular shonen with this style going forward is Shokugeki no Soma. You are right that most shounen tend to make their protagonists and usually the other main group of male characters ambiguous in their sexuality (seemingly intentionally). It's also interesting to note that they have no qualms about showing girls fawning over boys (who often are apparently too oblivious to notice their attention).

I find this to be a trope that is not necessarily indicative of some kind of gay bias or something masquerading as ambiguously straight men, it's more of the idea being put forward that males are all socially awkward and inherently dumb when it comes to social interactions. I think it is a result of the types of personalities that many male mangakas have (which is nerdy and awkward/isolated) typically. Many authors work with personality types they have the most direct experience with.

This theory also explains why goku is such a dumbass, oblivious, morally neutral or chaotic depending on perspective. We have numerous interviews with Toriyama, he may be the most interviewed manga author in history, and all of his interviews show some aspects of the aforementioned personality traits. Note that authors of less popular shounen (typically with darker elements) or seinen anime typically do not have this trope present in their work at all and display a wide variety of sexual attitudes and personality traits in their subject matter.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:08 AM, mochi said:

ignoring the spoiler that he marries and fucks Hinata after showing no romantic or sexual interest in her, EVER before doing so

he also has no idea what a sexy woman looks like, but has a very wide and diverse idea of what sexy men look like, case in point

his "Sexy Jutsu" is just him in drag

tumblr_inline_p7g1b3LbHO1rqfb5i_540.png

whereas in one issue of the manga he invents a male sexy jutsu

and....well

tumblr_inline_p7g1b4jX8r1rqfb5i_540.png

note none of them look like Him, they all look radically different, and two of them look like Sasuke (one also looks like Jugo)

which means Naruto has no actual taste concerning women's looks....if his ideal sexy woman is just himself with a wig on

At least bisexual?  Because he was interested in Sakura.

Konohamaru surpassed him in that regard LOL.

I think the other one that looks like Sasuke is actually Sai, and that one looks like Jugo probably is Jugo.  So maybe they are meant to be actual characters and we just aren't recognizing them?  Maybe to be introduced beyond what Toonami has shown?

But yeah Naruto definitely seems very into dudes.  The story would actually make sense if he was meant to be, since him supposedly being best friends with Sasuke is not portrayed well at all.  They're mostly little shits to each other and have very few "friendship moments."  Their relationship comes off more like someone you went to school or worked with and were friendly with, and then you lose your shit when they move.  It doesn't make sense for Naruto be fucking obsessed with Sasuke and pursuing him and wanting to forgive whatever horrible things he does when he should rightly be hunted down and captured or killed, given what we actually saw in the show, no matter how many times it shouts at us that they were "best friends."

All this makes you wonder some things about the author too.  Does Kishimoto have some repressed homosexual urges?  Or does he just have no idea how to write relationships of any kind?  Maybe he has issues with them and interacting with people in real life?  He's already admitted to being bad at writing women because he says he can't relate to them.  I mean, Tosen and Komamura come off pretty well as "best friends torn apart" and they're side characters!  Asta and Yuno came off as a better friendship than Naruto and Sasuke in just the first few episodes!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, HardcoreHunter said:

Goku was actually explained by genetics. Saiyan's weren't meant to have long term relationships. They were meant to find the strongest mate, and only stay together for a short time then wander off to battle. Interestingly enough Goku did have children with the strongest woman on earth "at the time". Toriyama said that the only reason that he's still with Chichi is that she's in "his" house and doesn't leave and she cooks food. So eventually he does just wander off for battle like his genetics tell him to, but when he returns Chichi just never left his house so he's stuck with her. 

Natsu seems to change interest depending on what the story calls for, but for the most part I think Erza desensitized him and Gray as both are people she is fine bathing nude with them. 

Luffy at least got a handjob from Margaret, but overall he's too focused on being a pirate for now. In the past movies/ova I think I remember him getting nose bleeds when seeing Nami's tits. As well Nami remarked the price she'd be charging them as usual which kinda leads me to think that the crew regularly paid her for peep shows. 

Naruto could have went gay for one major reason, and that is HunterxHunter. If anyone has seen them both then you'll notice that Naruto "mimics" many aspects from HXH. As for in the show Naruto does have deeper emotional bonds with other males. Even one of the first adults he fell for was a trap. As for Hinata the only relationship interactions he had with her was in filler arcs and movies, outside of the time she fought Neji and the time she fought pain to defend him.  

That sounds like some more bullshit retcon nonsense by Toriyama.  And how does this explain Vegeta?  Or how does this carry over to mixed Saiyans?

From what I have noticed, Natsu doesn't come off as not interested in women to me.  I mean, there's the whole Lisanna thing.

Yeah trying to claim Luffy as asexual is retcon bullshit too.  There were those moments you mentioned.  And I agree with you that he's probably just too occupied with his pirate adventures.  Also I don't think it should matter or that we need reasons for why characters are single and not seeking significant others etc.  If it's not important to the story or not what the story is about, who cares?  I think we actually don't even know the sexuality of a lot of characters in Bleach, because it never comes up.  I guess we have to lay the blame at shippers for obsessing with this.

Maybe if Togashi had any of his characters be gay, Kishimoto would have nicked that too lmao.  Are you actually serious?  I know a few spoilers but I haven't seen beyond what Toonami has shown.  Are there seriously no more Naruto x Hinata moments?!  Since I know what happens at the end I figured there must be a lot more developments than I've seen so far!  Ridiculous if true!

Edited by ben0119

On 6/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, Sandstone said:

My Hero Academia is different in this regard, it's MC has a very visible and obvious crush on a girl and responds to female sexual attention (as do multiple other boys and even a couple of the girls though not to the same extent).

Another example of popular shonen with this style going forward is Shokugeki no Soma. You are right that most shounen tend to make their protagonists and usually the other main group of male characters ambiguous in their sexuality (seemingly intentionally). It's also interesting to note that they have no qualms about showing girls fawning over boys (who often are apparently too oblivious to notice their attention).

I find this to be a trope that is not necessarily indicative of some kind of gay bias or something masquerading as ambiguously straight men, it's more of the idea being put forward that males are all socially awkward and inherently dumb when it comes to social interactions. I think it is a result of the types of personalities that many male mangakas have (which is nerdy and awkward/isolated) typically. Many authors work with personality types they have the most direct experience with.

This theory also explains why goku is such a dumbass, oblivious, morally neutral or chaotic depending on perspective. We have numerous interviews with Toriyama, he may be the most interviewed manga author in history, and all of his interviews show some aspects of the aforementioned personality traits. Note that authors of less popular shounen (typically with darker elements) or seinen anime typically do not have this trope present in their work at all and display a wide variety of sexual attitudes and personality traits in their subject matter.

"It's that nice girl that talked to me" was pretty hilarious reaction when he saw Uraraka again that time.  NEEERRRRRRD! :D:D:D

That could be.  Vague Bleach spoiler -

Kubo always said it was because he thought he could do better and more interesting things with the characters than have romantic relationships together.  Also worth noting that many of the relationships that did exist were past-tense and had tragic outcomes.  Of course, he eventually decides to have his cake and eat it too, at the end.  Building up a couple pairings with some hints toward the end, then time skips years later for the last chapter, beyond all the actual development of the romantic relationships, to the characters being married with children.

I wouldn't agree to the last part.  You can see plenty of times where Goku has done things to protect people he cares for, and it's shown that he does care for others.  It's true he's done some oblivious kinda jerky things before but this idea that Goku didn't fight to help others but just wanted to fight strong guys is some major bullshit that Toriyama has floated.  He fought the Red Ribbon Army to stop them from all the pain they were causing and vowed to defeat and finish them off to help a friend.  During this saga, the first time the Dragon Balls were used to bring back someone from the dead, was Goku doing it to help a friend.  He fought King Piccolo to save the world, and to avenge his best friend Krillin.  When Raditz showed up, Goku tried to convince him to leave peacefully at first.  He turned Super Saiyan as an emotional reaction to seeing his best friend killed (again!)  He sacrificed himself to save everyone from Cell.  Then of course there's the countless times he asks to move fights to isolated locations free of innocent bystanders.  So yeah, Toriyama is full of shit.

Edited by ben0119

On 6/23/2018 at 9:44 PM, Jman said:

One Piece where everyone is asexual except for Sanji.

I would make an argument for Usopp and Zoro who both have girls from their past that they're attached to.  I really don't take that asexual claim seriously.

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That sounds like some more bullshit retcon nonsense by Toriyama.  And how does this explain Vegeta?  Or how does this carry over to mixed Saiyans?

From what I have noticed, Natsu doesn't come off as not interested in women to me.  I mean, there's the whole Lisanna thing.

Yeah trying to claim Luffy as asexual is retcon bullshit too.  There were those moments you mentioned.  And I agree with you that he's probably just too occupied with his pirate adventures.  Also I don't think it should matter or that we need reasons for why characters are single and not seeking significant others etc.  If it's not important to the story or not what the story is about, who cares?  I think we actually don't even know the sexuality of a lot of characters in Bleach, because it never comes up.  I guess we have to lay the blame at shippers for obsessing with this.

Maybe if Togashi had any of his characters be gay, Kishimoto would have nicked that too lmao.  Are you actually serious?  I know a few spoilers but I haven't seen beyond what Toonami has shown.  Are there seriously no more Naruto x Hinata moments?!  Since I know what happens at the end I figured there must be a lot more developments than I've seen so far!  Ridiculous if true!

Toriyama has been doing a lot of retcon since super. Though I guess he hasn't liked Chichi since the start and only had her hook up with Goku out of spite, because his publisher meddled in his Dr.Slump manga, and wanted him to do the BulmaxGoku ship in Dragonball. As well Toriyama is a big One Piece fan, and has been trying to model a lot of Super's design after One Piece. 

The only HinataxNaruto ship moments are in filler arcs and movies. Outside of that she says that she Loves Naruto during the pain fight, and Neji tells Naruto to take care of Hinata. It's weird because even after Hinata said she loves Naruto, and risked her life defending him. He doesn't ever bring this up with her, and I don't even think he speaks with her till Neji tells him to take care of Hinata. So Confession happens in episode 166, and he doesn't say a word to her till episode 364. Almost 200 episodes with zero interaction.

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I would make an argument for Usopp and Zoro who both have girls from their past that they're attached to.  I really don't take that asexual claim seriously.

I think people seem to be taking a stance of "this person doesn't talk about fucking someone 24/7, guess they never want to have sex!" which is, honestly, really fucking stupid.

I mean most people don't walk around talking about how much they want to fuck a person. People can do other things and still be into a relationship. People can also not be into a relationship right now because they have something going on (like finding your father figure, saving your best friend from making a horrible mistake, trying to find a mythical object, trying to do whatever Goku does). Just because a 17 year old boy isn't like "OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO FUCK ALL THE TIME." doesn't mean he won't want to later on or that he won't enter into a relationship later in life (which is why OP's "but he was never interested in Hinata!" is so baffling. People hook up with people they were attracted to when they were 14 all the time.

Not everything has to be a romance. Not everything has to be overt and spelled out either. Lots of stories tell well crafted love stories without a single bit of physical contact between two people.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

I think people seem to be taking a stance of "this person doesn't talk about fucking someone 24/7, guess they never want to have sex!" which is, honestly, really fucking stupid.

I mean most people don't walk around talking about how much they want to fuck a person. People can do other things and still be into a relationship. People can also not be into a relationship right now because they have something going on (like finding your father figure, saving your best friend from making a horrible mistake, trying to find a mythical object, trying to do whatever Goku does). Just because a 17 year old boy isn't like "OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO FUCK ALL THE TIME." doesn't mean he won't want to later on or that he won't enter into a relationship later in life (which is why OP's "but he was never interested in Hinata!" is so baffling. People hook up with people they were attracted to when they were 14 all the time.

Not everything has to be a romance. Not everything has to be overt and spelled out either. Lots of stories tell well crafted love stories without a single bit of physical contact between two people.

SJW types are always trying to subvert things to their own ends.  It’s because they’re butthurt.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Sometimes, the butthurt reaches the point where they try to cyberbully a Steven Universe fanartist into committing suicide - and almost succeeding - just because she drew a fat character thin. They're probably even more butthurt now, seeing how she was right.

Wasn’t that a plot in Bebop, the con artist who took Faye for a ride got a fat injection so he wouldn’t be recognized?

Also the SJW’s are a disease but a lot of high profile SJW flops are making me hope their influence is set to wane.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 3:23 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Speaking of One Piece, a recent interview had Oda reveal that Nami is only truly gentle to children and beautiful women, and everyone immediately assumed that meant she was gay. :D

I mean

1489410182462.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ben0119 said:

yeah Usopp canonically has a girlfriend

image.png.26411f5fc527ef0f9b5ec8017eb6dacb.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daos said:

I don't watch Naruto but I'm just gonna assume several of the main girls like him and he's completely oblivious to it and shows no interest or attraction to any of them.

Is that close?

no, one girl likes him (Hinata), and all the other girls hate him

he claims he likes Sakura....but he's consistently far more focused on his "friendship" with his male rival Sasuke then he ever is with trying to woo Sakura

35 minutes ago, Jman said:

Wasn’t that a plot in Bebop, the con artist who took Faye for a ride got a fat injection so he wouldn’t be recognized?

Also the SJW’s are a disease but a lot of high profile SJW flops are making me hope their influence is set to wane.

the "fat character is really thin" thing he was reffering to is the fact that they revealed that this

image.thumb.png.be27c718459e36b26ac8be300c5b10fe.png

is what Rose Quartz Really looks like

rather than her Fat Rubenesque earth-mama form she took for the majority of the series

latest?cb=20160822210727

also her name is really Pink Diamond

On 6/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, mochi said:

he claims he likes Sakura....but he's consistently far more focused on his "friendship" with his male rival Sasuke then he ever is with trying to woo Sakura

Most of the girls wanted to jump Naruto after the Pain arc. I remember Ino saying something like "I could really fall for him". Overall though Naruto with any of the girls are usually just presented as ship teases. I remember the old PS2 games that had a side dating sim type game where you could take Temari, Shizune, Anko, Hinata, Sakura, Garra, Sauske, TenTen, and Hanabi out on dates. 

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

Dates end with Naruto in a bath with the girls, either because goes into the wrong bath or it's mixed bathing day. 

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Most of the girls wanted to jump Naruto after the Pain arc. I remember Ino saying something like "I could really fall for him". Overall though Naruto with any of the girls are usually just presented as ship teases. I remember the old PS2 games that had a side dating sim type game where you could take Temari, Shizune, Anko, Hinata, Sakura, Garra, Sauske, TenTen, and Hanabi out on dates. 

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

Dates end with Naruto in a bath with the girls, either because goes into the wrong bath or it's mixed bathing day. 

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg

you could also date the boys in those games

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Well he did mention Gaara and Sasuke in the list of date-ables. ;)

true, I saw a clip of Naruto Dating Kiba on youtube from that game a couple years back

the hot spring scene was....suggestive

(so as far is Namco is concerned Naruto is Bi)

Edited by mochi

33 minutes ago, mochi said:

true, I saw a clip of Naruto Dating Kiba on youtube from that game a couple years back

the hot spring scene was....suggestive

(so as far is Namco is concerned Naruto is Bi)

Yeah, I just didn't see any on the google image search, but you could date just about everyone. Either way it was a pretty fun addition for the games. Especially since it was around the height of shipping wars for the series, weird to think how long ago that was. That game came out in 04, I didn't even join ASMB till 06. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 9:22 AM, HardcoreHunter said:

Toriyama has been doing a lot of retcon since super. Though I guess he hasn't liked Chichi since the start and only had her hook up with Goku out of spite, because his publisher meddled in his Dr.Slump manga, and wanted him to do the BulmaxGoku ship in Dragonball. As well Toriyama is a big One Piece fan, and has been trying to model a lot of Super's design after One Piece. 

The only HinataxNaruto ship moments are in filler arcs and movies. Outside of that she says that she Loves Naruto during the pain fight, and Neji tells Naruto to take care of Hinata. It's weird because even after Hinata said she loves Naruto, and risked her life defending him. He doesn't ever bring this up with her, and I don't even think he speaks with her till Neji tells him to take care of Hinata. So Confession happens in episode 166, and he doesn't say a word to her till episode 364. Almost 200 episodes with zero interaction.

Is that why he makes Chichi such a bitch? :D She's practically a parody of the cliched angry wife character.  And if I recall correctly Chichi had not appeared since the original saga of Dragon Ball when she showed up to marry Goku.  But yeah the retcons, or rather, stuff he's said in interviews, because I'm not even sure if we can count that as retcon with it not being in the actual series, I don't take seriously.  Yeah definitely trying to go the One Piece way too.

Wow... that's... that's just ridiculous. :D I mean, yeah, things could have happened in the intervening years, but come on!  Also Hinata is just plain barely in the series altogether, which is a shame.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, mochi said:

I mean

1489410182462.jpg

You've never heard of straight women complimenting each other on looks, outfits, etc?  Calling each other, actresses, etc, pretty?  They hug, etc.  Straight guys can't get away with that so easily without having to worry about "no homo," thanks to pervasive and persistent homophobia.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, QueenoftheDorks said:

Yes, exactly.  Sometimes people have other things going on in their lives, possibly more pressing matters.

Which characters were you talking about there?  Yeah, true.  I do think there should have been more Naruto and Hinata moments, though, and at least more interaction.  But it's not an unfounded concept.

Yup agree 100%.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 11:30 AM, PokeNirvash said:

Sometimes, the butthurt reaches the point where they try to cyberbully a Steven Universe fanartist into committing suicide - and almost succeeding - just because she drew a fat character thin. They're probably even more butthurt now, seeing how she was right.

Stuff like that and the whole fan base makes me want to avoid Stephen Universe like the plague.  That and the show doesn't sound appealing or interesting to me in the least.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 12:17 PM, mochi said:

In the recent episode on Toonami, Naruto seems to have accepted that Sakura isn't into him and won't ever be, and has moved on.  So, Naruto matured, shockingly enough?  But, still obsessed with Sasuke lmao. 

But yeah, Sasuke is the one with all the fangirls, and he doesn't seem too interested in them back, either.  I'm sure it's supposed to be "Sasuke is so cool, he doesn't even care that all these girls like him" or "Sasuke is still focused on revenge because the Uchiha massacre was an inside job for some reason" etc, but that's not necessarily how it comes off. >_>;

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You've never heard of straight women complimenting each other on looks, outfits, etc?  Calling each other, actresses, etc, pretty?  They hug, etc.  Straight guys can't get away with that so easily without having to worry about "no homo," thanks to pervasive and persistent homophobia.

My dude I have literally never looked at another girl and thought something like "She's so sexy I wish she was my hot secretary" in any way that wasn't gay as hell.

7 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

My dude I have literally never looked at another girl and thought something like "She's so sexy I wish she was my hot secretary" in any way that wasn't gay as hell.

But you're not exactly an unbiased source.  Plus there's the whole cartoonish and exaggerated aspect of One Piece in general.  But if Oda does decide to make Nami lesbian or bi, at least it wouldn't come off as a retcon.  Sanji would probably commit suicide if she's full lez though, lmao. xD Unless, god forbid, he has some character development and grows up.

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Yes, exactly.  Sometimes people have other things going on in their lives, possibly more pressing matters.

Which characters were you talking about there?  Yeah, true.  I do think there should have been more Naruto and Hinata moments, though, and at least more interaction.  But it's not an unfounded concept.

Yup agree 100%.

Natsu (father figure), Naruto (trying to stop Sasuke), Luffy (looking for One Piece), and I don't really know enough about Dragonball to know Goku's whole deal.

Like I get reading things into characters and identifying with them. I read a lot of slash fiction, but I don't mistake it for canon. I'll take Luffy as canonically asexual since Oda himself has said he's not really into it, but that doesn't mean it shuts down the possibility of Luffy getting married or having kids or even being attracted to someone of either gender. 

When it comes to Nami and Kalifia, Nami does have those thoughts, but she also chides herself for being caught up in Kalifia's pace which I took to mean "so sexy everyone wants her" but it is super easy to read Nami as a big ol' lesbian.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, mochi said:

I mean

1489410182462.jpg

She’s bi.

No, seriously, that’s the most reasonable explanation given she’s shown attraction to men and women.  I mean, you could say she’s pansexual and upgrade her to full on horny teenager fantasy, but I’ll go with bi in this case.