UnevenEdge

//> do waifus need to be ./

//>wagz./

Over 18 wtf man? This is anime. Over 18 disqualifies almost every girl in anime. No Rem.. no Lucy Heartfilia.... pretty much all the girls on highschool DxD and every highschool anime ever.

Yeah screw that. See this? She's only 17.

lucy_heartfilia_by_dianarosemarie85-d8j6

The way I see it, it's alright unless they look too much like kids. Like Yoko from Gurren Lagann is younger than the Hero Academia cast, but she's got a 20 year old super model body. Or the JoJo guys that look like magazine models at middle school age. If they look old enough to be 18 or older, and are being flaunted for the assets they have, I don't have a moral issue with it. 

If they are more obviously lolis that are meant to be preteen or are lifelike kids, that's when I'm calling the police.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:35 AM, Daos said:

Over 18 wtf man? This is anime. Over 18 disqualifies almost every girl in anime. No Rem.. no Lucy Heartfilia.... pretty much all the girls on highschool DxD and every highschool anime ever.

who's that cutie?

12 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Fairy Tail always looks like someone trying really really hard to be Oda and yet failing miserably.

You mean in terms of the story? Because in terms of looks... Fairytail blows One Piece out of the water. Not a contest. I've always found One Piece's artwork to be embarrassing. It's one of the reasons I never really gave the show much of a chance and probably why it never caught on in the US. I mean.. look...

NICO3.jpgmirajane-sexy.jpg

You find One Piece more visually appealing than Fairytail? Let me make sure I have that right.

Rave Master and One Piece....... yeah there's some similarity there. But with Fairytail? Ehhh.

Plenty of people give Fairytail shit for the story and friendship powerups, but Mashima can draw.

15 minutes ago, Daos said:

You find One Piece more visually appealing than Fairytail? Let me make sure I have that right.

Rave Master and One Piece....... yeah there's some similarity there. But with Fairytail? Ehhh.

Plenty of people give Fairytail shit for the story and friendship powerups, but Mashima can draw.

Mashima can draw ..... ONLY a limited number of different body types.  He can draw each of them VERY well, knows the forms in all angles, but this results in a large cast of characters looking near-the same on black and white pages!

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Mashima can draw ..... ONLY a limited number of different body types.  He can draw each of them VERY well, knows the forms in all angles, but this results in a large cast of characters looking near-the same on black and white pages!

Well he definitely loves a certain body type. But i don't see anything wrong with the work he does on other stuff.

79310e997a1df568b498aae1440cfd12.jpg

22 minutes ago, Daos said:

I appreciate the fact that OP has a very unique appearance, one that hearkens more towards vintage Western animation than anything else. Oda has fantastic design sensibilities within his particular look.  I certainly prefer something imaginative like it to Mashima's super-generic animu look with some faint echoes of Oda.  There's also the fact that I'm not a horny 14-year-old, and thus feel no overwhelming desire to watch a series that frequently goes straight-up ecchi.  Oda loves him some boobs, but he doesn't need to use blatant fanservice to cover up his writing deficiencies.

The Amazon Lily tribe in One Piece hosts the most varied amount of female designs I ever seen in a single anime.  But it doesn't help when a lot of them are just a tad too cartoony, or twisted. I don't have a big problem with Oda's style because I am an American who grew up in America and thus with a ton of Looney Tunes, Disney, etc., so I am used to this kind of wacky style. But it's weird when they go to dramatic moments.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:35 AM, Daos said:

//> that's legal though./

On 4/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, imchapp.in said:

The way I see it, it's alright unless they look too much like kids. Like Yoko from Gurren Lagann is younger than the Hero Academia cast, but she's got a 20 year old super model body. Or the JoJo guys that look like magazine models at middle school age. If they look old enough to be 18 or older, and are being flaunted for the assets they have, I don't have a moral issue with it. 

If they are more obviously lolis that are meant to be preteen or are lifelike kids, that's when I'm calling the police.

//> good thing there no lolis in strike witches./

On 4/30/2018 at 11:19 PM, Daos said:

You mean in terms of the story? Because in terms of looks... Fairytail blows One Piece out of the water. Not a contest. I've always found One Piece's artwork to be embarrassing. It's one of the reasons I never really gave the show much of a chance and probably why it never caught on in the US. I mean.. look...

NICO3.jpgmirajane-sexy.jpg

//> she has a puffy vagina ./

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2018 at 12:36 AM, elfie said:

The Amazon Lily tribe in One Piece hosts the most varied amount of female designs I ever seen in a single anime.  But it doesn't help when a lot of them are just a tad too cartoony, or twisted. I don't have a big problem with Oda's style because I am an American who grew up in America and thus with a ton of Looney Tunes, Disney, etc., so I am used to this kind of wacky style. But it's weird when they go to dramatic moments.

//> brown goddesses?/

• Like 1

Lucy literally just looks like Nami with blonde hair and more panty shots. Pretty much everything I've seen of Fairy Tail just seems like that kid in school who copies your homework but changes just enough to try and convince the teacher he did his own work.

Also, this:

bfde118d43fb6e3d8d43a2f293022211.jpg

• Like 3

Also, One Piece has one of the main characters looking like this. And the body design for the women is just weird and anorexic looking. It's fair to say that early Mashima was inspired by One Piece but he definitely improved on the designs as time went on.

One-Piece-9-1.jpgnico_robin___dressrosa_by_dennisstelly-d

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Lucy literally just looks like Nami with blonde hair and more panty shots. Pretty much everything I've seen of Fairy Tail just seems like that kid in school who copies your homework but changes just enough to try and convince the teacher he did his own work.

Also, this:

bfde118d43fb6e3d8d43a2f293022211.jpg

I once saw someone's DA Sta.sh that was filled with images comparing Mashima's work to others.  I am convinced he does MORE than "base" his characters off of others.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

I don't care very much, since I find both of their girls hot.

With Rave Master.. it's a lot more apparent. One Piece is just totally visually unappealing to me while Fairytail looks good. So when people say they look similar I'm just like.... ehhhh sure. Luffy's look alone is so unappealing that I never gave the show a chance. The 10 inch waist 40 inch boobed girls on One Piece didn't help matters any either.haru-x-elie.jpg-Rave-Master-rave-master-35774542-1600-1

Mashima definitely owes alot of his series' success to One Piece with how much influence it has on his characters' traits and designs, but he does have a lot of talent with making quality ecchi. It's like how people were saying that Tite Kubo had a hidden talent at drawing high fashion, and the haute couture clothing he had his characters wear was as detailed and on-point as the breasts he drew.

Even though many of Mashima's characters have the One Piece feel to them, Oda is more deeply rooted in cartoony visuals and his penchant for big breasted women never impacted his interest in making everyone look like they fit within the cartoon universe. The true distinction Mashima's work has that sets him apart from all of the OP influence he's carried into his work is drawing more enticing, visually-appealing bodies, especially for the women in his manga. Every curve and detail of the female anatomy is shown in glorious detail. I might think the story of Fairy Tail is extremely abysmal, but the butts, thighs, and boobs of that series are fuego. I haven't seen Erza Scarlet once in this thread (she is 19 though, so she's one of the most legal of the main cast), but allow me to enlighten you.

k2nnv9mA_400x400.jpg

latest?cb=20121201121833

latest?cb=20121207174418

latest?cb=20130105142730

cd92dff0ccd1ffc9668c2d4b0bf392ac18b9b99a

Edited by imchapp.in
  • Like 1

I dunno. I feel that now that im older and in my 30s i feel odd lusting after hs animaynz or waifus lol. Now i go for ones at least in thier 20s. Altho theres exceptions natsuki from utapri and mai waifu for laifu yuno gasai from mirai nikki i think are both in hs.