UnevenEdge

April Fools

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Adult Swim has never, ever done the prank of 8:00 pm - 12:00 am of April 1st. It's always 12:00 am - 6:00 am (or earlier) of the night of March 31st.

Actually I believe they did last year for the first time when they aired the season 3 premiere of Rick and Morty from 8pm until midnight.

This was a second prank since they did do another at midnight the night before. Only time they have done this.

Edited by DBZ4ever

2 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

Lol. Is this really happening?

good to see AS knows when they've fucked up and learns from it (this is clearly a parody of the april fools rick and morty Toonami postponement marathon from last year)

1 hour ago, DBZ4ever said:

Actually I believe they did last year for the first time when they aired the season 3 premiere of Rick and Morty from 8pm until midnight.

This was a second prank since they did do another at midnight the night before. Only time they have done this.

In 2007, they did the tiny Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie gag in primetime, which as the only one done as such until ten years later.

So... uh, yeah. Bushworld Adventures. It's certainly a surreal thing. :$

2 minutes ago, Gyaos said:

This can't be a premiere for Season 4. It just can't. xD

TBH I'm kinda wondering what happened involving Rick and Morty to make them just not renew it

and then make this parody of it

Edited by mochi

41 minutes ago, mochi said:

TBH I'm kinda wondering what happened involving Rick and Morty to make them just not renew it

and then make this parody of it

DeMarco’s tastes in comedy tend to run towards the episodic and the simple.  Ask Brendon Small.

So I kinda forgot to pay attention tonight. Has it just been a marathon of this? (nvm, waiting around another 20 minutes answered that)

The Aussie twist is fun.

Yeah, I'm loving this as a jab at last year.

Edited by rpgamer

So I DVR's the Bushworld Adventures and recently watched it. Honestly, considering it came oppose the most elaborate prank in [adult swim] history, this felt like a total afterthought; they also took a much more subdued approach to airing it compared to the Szechuan sauce thing. But hey, this was fun. I don't know how much of Rick and Morty the guy who made this has watched, but there were references to an insignificant line from the first episode as well as the original Doc and Mharti short, which was fairly surprising. Maybe they're just feigning cursory knowledge of the source material for laughs?

Now I just gotta wait for Uncle Barry to come and take me down to Bendigo. You... ya gotta turn back into a car, Uncle Barry. :o