UnevenEdge

Share you seasoning recipes for Hamburgers.

Sandstone

I want to compare notes. I have my own particular blend which is:

Seasoning Mix:

---------------------------

2 tsp of cayenne pepper

2 tsp of fine ground black pepper

2 tsp of ground chile flakes

1 tsp of fresh ground chipotle pepper flakes

1 tsp of smoked paprika

1 tsp of onion powder

1 tsp of garlic powder

Wet Mix:

----------------------------

1/2 cup sourcream

2 tbs of worcestershire sauce

Mixes into about 2 pounds of ground beef, for approximately 4 to 6 hamburgers depending on the target size.

I want to compare notes. I have my own particular blend which is:

Seasoning Mix:

---------------------------

2 tsp of cayenne pepper

2 tsp of fine ground black pepper

2 tsp of ground chile flakes

1 tsp of fresh ground chipotle pepper flakes

1 tsp of smoked paprika

1 tsp of onion powder

1 tsp of garlic powder

Wet Mix:

----------------------------

1/2 cup sourcream

2 tbs of worcestershire sauce

Mixes into about 2 pounds of ground beef, for approximately 4 to 6 hamburgers depending on the target size.

I'm lazy.  Aside from some A1 sauce and raw, chopped onions, I don't give my burgers much thought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so, I watched a youtube channel that sadly died because their parent company decided to fuck them over, but I learned this technique from them.

Basic burger, start it like normal, bit of salt and pepper on the patty, put it in the pan.

But when you want to get fancy, here's what you do.

Get some butter.  Doesn't need to be a crazy amount, but you want ...enough... and you throw that in the pan.  And you get yourself a bayleaf, and some other herbs of your choice, it depends on what you're going for.  Can also depend on what kind of cheese you use, if you like cheese on your burgers.  Thyme works well, oregano, or basil, or sage, tarragon.  Pick like 2 or 3 herbs that you like, there's no need to overdo it.  it works with dried, but it works really well with fresh.  The bayleaf is key, so don't forget that, but if you don't have that, it's still going to come out tasty.  Anyway, so you started cooking your burger, and you've flipped it.  I said before about the butter, this is when you add that, and once the butter melts, you put in the herbs.

So the burger and the herbs are sizzling in the melted butter, and you watch that burger for a little bit, wait for the color to go up the side, but you're also cooking the herbs, you want them to toast and fry a bit in the burger juice and the butter, and when you hit that good point, then turn the heat down a bit.  Now what you want to do is pick the pan up and tilt it, but keep the burger near the top, you're just tilting it a bit, so that you have a small pool of burger juice, herbs, butter, and goodness.  And you grab a spoon, and you start spooning that goodness over that burger.  You baste that bitch, you spoon this golden brown liquid flavor over the patty as if your life depended on it.  You want to cook the meat, but you also want to fry the herbs and pull the flavors out into the butter/meat juice, and you want to keep basting this patty until it's done to your liking.  Put it on the bun, and then take a spoonful or two of the juice and drizzle it... You'll never make a burger another way again.  You can do this method and still get a medium or even a medium-rare burger if that's what you like, by the way, I've done it and it still works.  Turkey burgers, too.  I add more herbs for them, since they're more plain, but it's great.  It only adds a few extra minutes and two steps, but it was life changing for me.

I'll look for a link, assuming the videos aren't gone, but trust me, it's truly outstanding.

here, it's an old old playlist, but sadly, they ain't making anything else, because marketing hates fun.

it depends on where the meat came from. if it's store-bought, i season the sheeit out of them. worcestershire, lawrys, garlic powder, black pepper, and some ranch seasoning if i have any. if it's the good stuff straight off the farm, i like to let the natural flavors do the talking. i might just add a little salt, and sometimes a farm-fresh egg.

i also dimple my patties because they seem to hold their shape a lot better that way. and top them off with a chunk of extra-sharp cheddar. my favorites are tillamook and shullsburg creamery.