UnevenEdge

what did you guys think of Star Wars Force Awakens?

Phillies

I feel like the plot was kind of the result of a complex corporate algorithm for what a modern star wars movie should be.

They wanted to play it as safe as possible, but the end result was that it kind of didn't have all that much soul to it.

Yeah its a sell out. Fuck it... it gets -1.  And the next movie doesn't seem promising either.

He was like Anakin Skywalker's edgyness on crack and meth, and without any reasonable justification for it...

Like did your fucking mom get raped and die? Were you sold into slavery? Did you get tricked by a master sith? Did anything bad happen to you at all? Nope.... just really upset rich kid that needed to be edgy cause fuck Mom and Dad for giving me a good life and ensuring my freedom in the galaxy.

Personally I though each one was worst than that last, although they did bring in more good characters.

I liked the aspect of Rogue One where they brought back prequel characters and locations in the original trilogy setting, because it's not Coruscant's or Jimmy Smit's fault the prequels were bad so we shouldn't pretend they don't exist.

That being said, the obvious criticism of Rogue One is that it's entire purpose was to show classic star wars characters, settings and iconography, and that its new characters and plot were completely flat. Or put another way, their only goal was to power the doomsday machine powered by neckbeard nostalgia jism.

The Force Awakens was essentially A New Hope remade, but it was at least entertaining, and far superior to anything in the prequels. I'm hoping that after convincing everyone they know how to make a Star Wars movie that The Last Jedi will be more adventurous. Rogue One was just terrific.

The Force Awakens was essentially A New Hope remade, but it was at least entertaining, and far superior to anything in the prequels. I'm hoping that after convincing everyone they know how to make a Star Wars movie that The Last Jedi will be more adventurous. Rogue One was just terrific.

Yes it was a New Hope remade and entertaining. None of those facts make it a good movie.

I'm hoping that after convincing everyone they know how to make a Star Wars movie that The Last Jedi will be more adventurous.

It's from the guy who did Brick, Looper, and the Ozymandias episode of Breaking Bad, plus the cast was apparently shocked and confused to what was happening with their characters after reading the script.

I'm expecting Empire Strikes Back level shit.

• 3 weeks later...