UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

Black Dynamite Pilot

For those of you who've seen some of my recent posts in the anime equivalent of this thread, I've been watching various things as part of a "direction analysis" for season 2 of my current hypothetical anime writing project Kinky Kunoichi. And since season 2's equally hypothetical staff includes the very much American animation studio Titmouse, I thought I'd include some Western-created things to analyze the direction of as well. The U.S. side of my direction analysis is starting with Juno Lee, a creative director at Titmouse who's worked on numerous shows I've watched and have been thinking about watching, but because I'm waiting until HBO Max pulls through in bringing the Venture Bros. back from its unceremonious cancellation for one last hurrah to pay it a revisit, I decided to go for the pilot of Black Dynamite instead as the inaugural "rewatch" analysis. Lots of fun action with shaky-cam mechanics, and some neat color and lighting decisions to appropriately match the mood. Truly a more than fine start.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Just got done watching the Battlestar Galactica series. The newer one from 2004. Was pretty good. About halfway through I thought it was going to wind up a mess, there were so many things that were going unexplained, but it ended pretty well filling in most of the blanks and The Plan movie helped answer the few questions I was still left with.