UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

checking out a bunch of shows today.

so far the ones I like:

The Expanse:  It's a nice little step forward for scripted Sci-Fi action/drama.  Feels like a genuine successor to shows like Babylon 5 and Star Trek, taking up that heavy nostalgic vibe, but also advancing in terms of plot complexity, character, and ideas.

Man Seeking Woman:  Just plain simple inventive comedy.  I have to go waaaay back to think of something that's like it.  I'd say maybe Ripping Yarns.  Very funny, the stories support the jokes very comfortably and vice-versa.  Nicely blended. 

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out the High Court on Comedy Central. 

it was - pretty awful.  They seem to be attempting to do a real judge type show with real complaints, and then Doug Benson is just high or something.  and that's - funny.  I guess.

But - it's just another one of those dumbass reality based shows where stupid people shout over each other and then I guess the theory was that Doug Benson would say funny things, but he just kinda sits there like a moron.

It might as well be the Jerry Springer show or something like that, the jokes just disappear into the yawning chasm of the reality TV style bickering.

It's the worst show I've seen in a long time.  But I think that's because I avoid reality shows mostly, and this is that, but kind of tricked me into thinking it wasn't.  So normally I wouldn't have checked it out, but thought it was going to be - like a comedy show.  with jokes and stuff.

It really should be on TRU TV.  Or what Tru TV used to be before they got Billy On the Street and started trying to revamp their image a bit.

I guess - maybe it should be on TLC.  It's just that level of crap. 

Watching Survivor on CBS right now.

Looks bad for JT.  I'm still worried for Cirie.

I think she'll be voted out soon.  Hopefully not this episode.

Edit:  I'm glad Troyzan found that idol.  I'm sure he'll need it.

Poor Caleb.  Voted out on the 9th day twice in a row.  He deserved better.

Hali should have been voted out instead.  I hope that tribe keeps losing as a result.

Feud was good.  Took me a bit to warm up to it.  But once I finished episode 1, I was in.

been watching Real Time, Conan, Last Week Tonight, Full Frontal and @Midnight.

Samurai Jack.

Walking Dead of course.

Iron Fist keeps getting shoved further down the list.  Not sure when I'll get around to watching it.

Watching Survivor on CBS.

I'm okay with the result, but I'm mad about the preview for next week.

What the heck is Probst thinking?  He's an idiot.  Why bring back Exile Island?

It was a dumb idea to begin with.  I saw the tribe switch coming though. 

They'll probably get rid of the third tribe and separate them back into two tribes.  Having three tribes was also a dumb idea.

Watching Survivor on CBS.

Well they went from 3 tribes back to 2 tribes.

Having three tribes as a twist for awhile was a dumb idea.

I hope Sandra doesn't get voted out, but it looks like she will be.  I bet Tai uses one of his idols.

Edit:  Yep Sandra was voted out.  I'll miss her.

I hope the tribe she was on keeps losing.  I still like Zeke even though he voted for her, but

he and Jeff are the only ones I like on that tribe.  Other tribe has Cirie and Troyzan so I'll be cheering for their team from now on.

Why the hell do you have to do that?

tumblr_ojukqlGPtc1u6xqamo2_1280.png

well for starters cause you're a huge kill joy towards me whenever the subject of gay characters in fiction comes up, if you weren't always so mean to me I wouldn't always be so sarcastic

I missed that it was set to premiere yesterday, and for some reason, I did not have a series recording set up on my DVR. You'd think they'd re-air throughout the week, but it won't be shown again until Saturday.

I watched it online >_>

Watched The Amazing Race ep 3 on CBS.com.

Not the best ep.  The jerk boy team did too well with their penalty (they finished 4th), one of the best teams was eliminated,

and my favorite team (Team Fun) lost positions due to a lost passport.  I'm worried about them now.

The jerk boys deserved their U-Turn.  It's too bad they're doing so well.