UnevenEdge

Outlaw Star in HD on August 19th

The1gairon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal. This is really dumb in my opinion because, first of all, this isn't a new series. Outlaw Star was on Toonami for nearly a year and then it was on Adult Swim for about a year. This is not a new series. It was played ad nauseum on CN in the early 2000s, just like how nobody wants to see Ghost in the Shell anymore, which was never good.

Outlaw Star is a decent anime, I give it a 6.5/10 personally, but it's, first of all, more of an anime for teens and kids, not adults, and, like I said, it's something that people who have been watching this network for years have already seen!!! Lupin the 3rd Part IV is a never before seen on TV series. This is not. This is just a friggin HD remaster of the original Outlaw Star.

Toonami really is digging its own grave with these decisions. JoJo and Gundam: IBO S2, which are both hated, and now Outlaw Star which has gotten more love than it really deserves for being a 6.5/10 anime over the years, and it's on at 2:30am. If it were the lead-in at 11pm, it'd probably be a smashing success because the deprived kids of this generation have grown up with such garbage that Outlaw Star will look like the best anime ever to them, and it's really just above average and nothing special.

I'll give this a 5/10 on Toonami's end. GET NEW SERIES!!! NEW ANIME THAT APPEALS TO ADULTS!!!! STOP TRYING TO APPEASE THE FOOLS

Here's the deal. This is really dumb in my opinion because, first of all, this isn't a new series. Outlaw Star was on Toonami for nearly a year and then it was on Adult Swim for about a year. This is not a new series. It was played ad nauseum on CN in the early 2000s, just like how nobody wants to see Ghost in the Shell anymore, which was never good.

Outlaw Star is a decent anime, I give it a 6.5/10 personally, but it's, first of all, more of an anime for teens and kids, not adults, and, like I said, it's something that people who have been watching this network for years have already seen!!! Lupin the 3rd Part IV is a never before seen on TV series. This is not. This is just a friggin HD remaster of the original Outlaw Star.

Toonami really is digging its own grave with these decisions. JoJo and Gundam: IBO S2, which are both hated, and now Outlaw Star which has gotten more love than it really deserves for being a 6.5/10 anime over the years, and it's on at 2:30am. If it were the lead-in at 11pm, it'd probably be a smashing success because the deprived kids of this generation have grown up with such garbage that Outlaw Star will look like the best anime ever to them, and it's really just above average and nothing special.

I'll give this a 5/10 on Toonami's end. GET NEW SERIES!!! NEW ANIME THAT APPEALS TO ADULTS!!!! STOP TRYING TO APPEASE THE FOOLS

Probably the reason why they're not putting it at the front of the block there.  "Old series = end of the block."

I too await their actual NEW pick-up. We have the second season of two good shows coming up, but again, those are THE SAME SHOWS. 

We only have a short weekly block of timeslots to fill them up with.  Progress is always very slow in catching up with trends.

Cool! Just in time for its 20th Anniversary when it concludes early next year! I had a feeling GITS moving up to 2:30 AM meant SOMETHING good was about to happen!

We'll probably see the first 13-15 episodes this year, then the rest next year!

And I'm sure this time we'll see the Hot Springs episode but it will probably be edited a la Hellsing Ultimate's Necro-rape scene and Kill la Kill's Gamagoori Bondage ballziness!

Awesome! It's nice to see the back end get juiced up with something new. Even though I guess Zeni's right in that there's serious nostalgia appeal for this show, so maybe they could hook people by putting it on earlier.

This also works as an underhanded "fuck you" to Manga/Anchor Bay for messing up GiTS. </3

I never said that. I said that it would be the top show if it were on at 11pm, but only because it'd be a better quality show than most of the other anime on Toonami, which isn't a high-standard, and then it would get the mindless nostlagics to boost it up too. What I did say was that Toonami needs to stop it with acquiring HD remasters of old has been series and acquiring future series/new seasons of shows that are widely disliked such as JoJo and Gundam: IBO, but it's too late for that now, unless Funimation and Bandai or whoever owns those series will take the cash back receipt, man this blows, Toonami just goes with the crowd instead of trying to find something good and CREATE popular demand. 

Legitimately the first thing Toonami has done in a long time that has gotten me excited for it.

Outlaw Star HD back on fucking Toonami.  I can't even really put into words how stunned and excited I am for this. 

Will it drive up the ratings airing at 2:30?  No, not really.  Do I give a fuck?  Not one bit.  Outlaw Star deserves to air on Toonami again.  Ratings be damned.

Cool, I won't plan that flight to Tampa on 9/11 like I planned.

Hey that's where I live! Another good reason not to come here is it'll still be 95 degrees everyday in September!

That aside, this Outlaw Star thing may open the door to getting some older stuff in the 2am hour. Funimation owns so much now, I'm sure they can work out a favorable deal. You know what they should get next? A show that they wanted a long time ago :Escaflowne!

How many Toonami viewers were actually old enough to remember watching it back then. You're approaching it like the target demographic is 35-65 year olds instead of 18-24 year olds.

If you were born in the late 80s/early 90s and watched CN back then, it'd be hard not to know what it is. And a lot of younger viewers will have watched it on internet torrents or streaming sites in years since then because of all the acclaim it's received. I don't get why people want more of the same instead of NEW material. Wtf is up with that, Barely anything about Toonami is novel. You're getting rehashes, spin-offs, and HD remasters. Parasyte was amazing and new. Even Hunter x Hunter, which I hate, isn't new. Come on we've known the original Hunter for years even though it wasn't on TV. I hate Hunter, but I'm saying that genuinely new series have been few and far between.