UnevenEdge

Keeping receipts

Rumb0

Does anyone else keep receipts and invoices on record? I have a massive pile of receipts dating back to 2006, mostly for purchases at gas stations, convenient stores, and EB Games.

I think there was a point in time when it was important to keep records of your purchases, but that time has long passed. Probably gonna buy a paper shredder for the sole purpose of getting rid of this historical crap.

Only if you use them for deductions for tax purposes.

I keep the receipt for the length of time of which the return policy states, or exchange. I can bullshit through that though usually without a receipt.

Basically this.

Tho, I don't keep any receipts for personal items 10$ or under. If I bought something without trying on or items that didnt work out for me personally, I just donate it to one of the womens shelters or my nieces. Cuz fuck it. Money is already spent.

Bills and receipts are two completely different things. What are you talking about? We're genuinely curious.

well because youre so fucking ugly fat and autistic but

when you use a credit card youll get a receipt

however you still need to pay that credit card bill  still

i understand youre fucking worthless and dont have a credit card

but maybe youll understand

Thank you for proving my point. Receipts and bills aren't the same. You need to learn how to communicate your thoughts better, GSN. Maybe you already knew that receipts and bills are different from each other, but it sure doesn't seem like it based on your earlier post. I'm glad I could educate you on the matter if that's the case.

I keep actual filed taxes forever but general receipts tend to get tossed and actual invoice type stuff usually shredded within a year of payments being completed unless there's a real reason for keeping things longer. If it's not something that can be used for tax or billing purposes, it likely isn't needed.

I keep actual filed taxes forever but general receipts tend to get tossed and actual invoice type stuff usually shredded within a year of payments being completed unless there's a real reason for keeping things longer. If it's not something that can be used for tax or billing purposes, it likely isn't needed.

tl;dr