UnevenEdge

I just watched a hipster

Still Me

stuggle to back up his smart car... :D

20130214-082738.jpg

Okay, real talk for a second.

I have owned all sorts of vehicles, including midsize SUV's and very large trucks.

I have never had an issue of just throwing a big truck into reverse and whipping into a parking spot.

My Explorer or Grand Cherokee? What the fuck if I wasn't always crooked or way too close to the car on the driver's side (That I half blame on my half blindness, because I was so concentrated on where the passenger side was going).

But I legit have parked this 24 foot long beast in those tight spots at the Franklin Mills Mall without issue... and those spots aren't nearly big enough for a truck that big with both doors open enough for a person of average size to easily get in or out.

600796_10200545417592069_1976967109_n.jpg?oh=b04ebbb392ea779f175260a23a5a4af7&oe=5A02183D

oh...my god...

Anything can have potential... especially older stuff whose engines and internals were accidentally "over-built" and can be so powerful that they fry the stock clutch with every gear change.

I'd take a Suzuki Swift/Geo/Chevy Metro hatchback or convertible over a Smart... even if a Smart is safer :D Safety = no fun.

Anything can have potential... especially older stuff whose engines and internals were accidentally "over-built" and can be so powerful that they fry the stock clutch with every gear change.

I'd take a Suzuki Swift/Geo/Chevy Metro hatchback or convertible over a Smart... even if a Smart is safer :D Safety = no fun.

there is NO WAY that little pos is safe...it's got no crumble room to release force in an accident...you hit head on and that engine took a first class ride into your intestines

there is NO WAY that little pos is safe...it's got no crumble room to release force in an accident...you hit head on and that engine took a first class ride into your intestines

what would you rather die in, a Toyota Camry or a RWD (yes shut up Rogue I know they're AWD we had this conversation already) Ford Focus RS? i'm thinking a 2015 Suburu WRX because it's the last year they made a hatch model of it

what would you rather die in, a Toyota Camry or a RWD (yes shut up Rogue I know they're AWD we had this conversation already) Ford Focus RS? i'm thinking a 2015 Suburu WRX because it's the last year they made a hatch model of it

i choose Camry...dying in an American car is just too plausible...plus I still would rather not be seen dead or alive in a fucking old rebuilt dodge

i choose Camry...dying in an American car is just too plausible...plus I still would rather not be seen dead or alive in a fucking old rebuilt dodge

i'd never even be caught dead in a Dodge. the Ford Focus RS is actually a GOOD American car though. i know that's hard to believe but it actually is

i'd never even be caught dead in a Dodge. the Ford Focus RS is actually a GOOD American car though. i know that's hard to believe but it actually is

see that should be the question...if you were gonna die in an accident...which ford would it be....2017 F150....god I hate American cars but that new truck is sexy AF

But the engine/transaxle are probably crushing the footwell... which has me wondering why they didn't show the footage of the car's underside up front. The exhaust definitely moved a bit.

im not so worried about that...I'm just saying the further away from the impact I am, the more opportunity for some of the force to be dissipated so that I...in essence...won't die

im not so worried about that...I'm just saying the further away from the impact I am, the more opportunity for some of the force to be dissipated so that I...in essence...won't die

Believe it or not, modern cars look terrible in wrecks because it's better for the vehicle body to crumble and absorb damage instead of the Passengers.

the shock is mainly absorbed in the crumbled part instead of the vehicle holding strong and the people within the vehicle absorbing it.

Also pro tip!  If you think you're about to get rear ended take your foot off the brake and just let your car absorb the hit, if you drive a standard, throw it in neutral.

the less impact the better.     

Even if there is a car in front of you, you stand a better chance of not risking injury by letting Newton's laws kick in than absorbing a full rear end collision at a complete stand still.

Believe it or not, modern cars look terrible in wrecks because it's better for the vehicle body to crumble and absorb damage instead of the Passengers.

the shock is mainly absorbed in the crumbled part instead of the vehicle holding strong and the people within the vehicle absorbing it.

Also pro tip!  If you think you're about to get rear ended take your foot off the brake and just let your car absorb the hit, if you drive a standard, throw it in neutral.

the less impact the better.     

Even if there is a car in front of you, you stand a better chance of not risking injury by letting Newton's laws kick in than absorbing a full rear end collision at a complete stand still.

:|thank you for mansplaining what I already knew and had ALREADY pointed out when I was talking about the crashes between the smart car and the soul...

oh and "pro-tip" read the whole thread before you try to insult my intelligence and eat some of that brown excrement that falls out of your rectum that we call "shit"