UnevenEdge

Forum Issues Reporting Thread

So which mod is causing the issue?

SimplePortal causes the most issues.

Rather, exacerbates them.

The issue is that SMF makes a lot of unoptimized, load-heavy queries. SimplePortal adds a bunch more to every pageload - especially in forum thread listings.

SimplePortal causes the most issues.

Rather, exacerbates them.

The issue is that SMF makes a lot of unoptimized, load-heavy queries. SimplePortal adds a bunch more to every pageload - especially in forum thread listings.

Can we remove them without messing anything up?

these are issues that popped up for whatever reason due to the server migration. 

my guess is just that, because it's a new server, the way it processes things isn't exactly the same, and this being old software as previously mentioned, there are things that are probably running into processing issues on the new server that the old server, which was slightly different, didn't have issues with.  Or did, but they manifested differently.

Basically as I understand it, the new server is now processing this dinosaur board, and as a result of that, things are going to be a little glitchy for a bit.

i can tell you what's wrong with the menu bar. the links haven't been updated with correct URLs, and i'm guessing that there's some default redirect to the index when a link doesn't resolve to an actual page. the bad links are as follows:

free for all is unevenedge.imfapp.in/free-for-all/ and should be unevenedge.com/free-for-all/

anime is unevenedge.imfapp.in/anime/ and should be unevenedge.com/anime/

toonami is unevenedge.imfapp.in/toonami/ and should be unevenedge.com/toonami/

rants is unevenedge.imfapp.in/rants/ and should be unevenedge.com/rants/

The user Thisidiot cannot sign in. He tries to and it tells him his information is wrong, so he tries to reset his password but never gets the email.

He also cannot create an alt either. Says something like certification failed.

Tell him to check his spam folder for the email.

Otherwise, he can have you PM one of us what he wants his password changed to.

Yep, as I said in the other thread and I want to let it be known here too, it seems the file size thing has become much more strict. Old avatars I could use, now I can't. If you keep making them smaller they eventually seem to work, so not sure what the actual limitations are.

Yep, as I said in the other thread and I want to let it be known here too, it seems the file size thing has become much more strict. Old avatars I could use, now I can't. If you keep making them smaller they eventually seem to work, so not sure what the actual limitations are.

I got it to accept it...but I also had to make it into a gif for some reason S:

hopefully they don't remove this one or ban me

255x255 is max size, it's just that previously it would be automatically resized on every page load. That was causing problems for the server.

I'm going to install something that will automatically resize it when you upload but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I tried to log in for the first time of today, and I got a window saying my password "isn't safe and that they can't let me in" despite having used that same password since joining the site and having it saved in cookies.  I manually typed it. It worked.  ::spin::

I tried to log in for the first time of today, and I got a window saying my password "isn't safe and that they can't let me in" despite having used that same password since joining the site and having it saved in cookies.  I manually typed it. It worked.  ::spin::

That would be because we changed domains.

We used to be at unevenedge.imfapp.in, now we are at unevenedge.com - your browser is just trying to make sure no one hacked the site and is stealing your password.

If you save it again for the new domain it shouldn't happen again.

I can't kudo, either.

Look, I know we didn't have this stuff back in the day, and I can live without it, but if that's going to be the case, please take away the little buttons that keep taunting me - "Come on, lady. Click me. You know you want to."

I can't kudo, either.

Look, I know we didn't have this stuff back in the day, and I can live without it, but if that's going to be the case, please take away the little buttons that keep taunting me - "Come on, lady. Click me. You know you want to."

Karma works

Karma works

Yeah, I don't know what I was doing wrong - I was getting a pop up last night that said that I had exceeded my limit every time I tried to to give a karma point(starting from the first attempt in over 24 hours), but this morning, it seems to be working.  I may need to change my rank from "Thunder Goddess" to "Goddess of Internet Ineptitude."

Not reading to see if it is on the list.

There is an issue with the server for quizzes. The pop up box upon finishing a quiz demands that we bug admin about the server but doesn't give an actual error message beyond that.

In addition, it seems that quizzes that are finished are now showing up as unfinished sessions which take you back to the beginning of the quiz, as if you had not previously played it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...