UnevenEdge

I don't know if I want to go to gay pride after all

mochi

You can lose that with a woman, too.

I'm not going to post the statistics showing that the gay population makes up about 50% of of people affected by HIV.

I'm tired of posting them.

You can go find them yourselves if you don't believe me.

>:D

That's half, Bucket. The other half must be, you know..... not gay. -_'

Yeah.

And when you factor in that gays make up maybe 2-3% of the total population...

Oh, and I looked it up, it's 67%.

So 2/3rds of all HIV infections occur in a very small subset of the population.

I'm not going to post the statistics showing that the gay population makes up about 50% of of people affected by HIV.

I'm tired of posting them.

You can go find them yourselves if you don't believe me.

What do statistics have to do with mode of transmission? You can catch it from a man, you can catch it from a woman, you can catch it from a needle.

(Not, of course, that you'll ever have to worry about it; celibacy does have its compensations.)

What do statistics have to do with mode of transmission? You can catch it from a man, you can catch it from a woman, you can catch it from a needle.

(Not, of course, that you'll ever have to worry about it; celibacy does have its compensations.)

Gay people are more likely to get infected with HIV.

This is just statistical fact and truth.

I never went to one either. That is, until I finally went to one.

Also, it's not just about pride. It's also about solidarity and being in a place where you can be comfortable to be yourself.

If you can, get out there. Experience it at least once. I can think of many reasons to not be excited about pride parades, but more reasons to go nonetheless.

Gay people are more likely to get infected with HIV.

This is just statistical fact and truth.

You can catch it from a man, you can catch it from a woman, or you can catch it from a needle. You don't need any statistics to know that. And statistics aren't much protection.

Yeah.

It's simply amazing that you understand this kind of math when it fits your narrative but will still argue against the disproportion of blacks killed by police while only representing 13% of the country.  So you not stupid, just full of shit.  I already knew this but I just wanted to point this out.

As I said on tumblr, I think you should give it a shot.

You'll probably gain more pride just by being there...and probably meet some people.

And if it doesn't feel like your thing, you can always just leave.

It's simply amazing that you understand this kind of math when it fits your narrative but will still argue against the disproportion of blacks killed by police while only representing 13% of the country.  So you not stupid, just full of shit.  I already knew this but I just wanted to point this out.

I'm not in the mood to discuss this.

Yeah.

And I'd bet the segment that isn't gay is probably doing a lot of dumb shit like sharing narcotics needles or hopping in bed with ten or fifteen strangers every week.

I never went to one either. That is, until I finally went to one.

Also, it's not just about pride. It's also about solidarity and being in a place where you can be comfortable to be yourself.

If you can, get out there. Experience it at least once. I can think of many reasons to not be excited about pride parades, but more reasons to go nonetheless.

This.

Just fucking go, you won't regret it.

Or get blood transfusions. -_'

Not so much any more.

When AIDS first started showing up, and they didn't have really effective screening tests, blood and blood products were a problem. Now, not so much. The Red Cross screens for HIV and various and sundry types of hepatitis, and so do private companies like the ones that produce blood products like clotting factors and Rhogam.