UnevenEdge

I spent the day in NYC.

Kagome-san101

never have I ever appreciated personal space more.

never.

7000 people touched me today and I'm afraid I couldn't kill all of the germs even if I set myself ablaze.

Lol. What are you doing in NYC? I got the impression that you and most people in this forum lived in like the Midwest, South, and West Coast. Except for Serge, who lives in Colorado, and has no shot at my Colorado HS senior volleyball babe who will miss me as soon as the jockboy lame who she might have chosen over me flames out.

Lol. What are you doing in NYC? I got the impression that you and most people in this forum lived in like the Midwest, South, and West Coast. Except for Serge, who lives in Colorado, and has no shot at my Colorado HS senior volleyball babe who will miss me as soon as the jockboy lame who she might have chosen over me flames out.

You have no idea how many people here live in the northeastern part of the US. :|

never.

7000 people touched me today and I'm afraid I couldn't kill all of the germs even if I set myself ablaze.

tou make it sound really appealing to go there  O0 :420: :beer:

i still call NYC the city. i don't care where i am, it's the city. every other city  is a city, not THE city. it's funny because it's not a conviction thing, it's just something my whole family does even though some of us haven't been there in years, none of us really know why

The farthest northeast I've been is Boston

They tax the shit out of stuff there and don't make eye contact with you when they talk to you

Also everyone there seemed pretty short, I felt like a giant walking around and I'm only 6 feet tall

Other than that everyone (that I met/spoke to) was very polite

Guest The Hound

:barf: I can't be the only one who hates NYC, right?

I also live in a New Yorker-dense spot in CT so we get mad run off of New Yorkers and they're some of the worst people I've ever met and it's bc that city is a toxic cesspool.

Excuse my diatribe.

I mean. I enjoyed NY when I was up there. It wasn't THAT bad. Not as good as Philly, but.  -_'

Guest The Hound

They tax the shit out of stuff there and don't make eye contact with you when they talk to you

Also everyone there seemed pretty short, I felt like a giant walking around and I'm only 6 feet tall

Same.

Boston for a board member meet up. I walked around in a Flyers jersey while I was up there  :D

Guest The Hound

never.

where in NY?

I love nyc. I think it's creepy & foolish how much space suburban & rural folks afford each other when just walking around. You don't own all the space around you.

Lol, ok but at least move to the side as you gaze in awe at the 10,000 ft billboards >:D

Well, I imagine Flushing is filled with nannies who have style and flare.  ;D

:D :D :D

Lol, that show :D

If you take the 7 train into Flushing you will get pushed into and out of the train by an ocean of people, sometimes I wanna say, "Fuck it" and start body surfin :D

lol most of the people I talk to on here are from the northeast/east coast hahaha

I've been there a few times, both for buisiness and just to be a stupid ass tourist.

It's a lot easier to deal with after some beers. LOL

>:D >:D I had a xanax for my anxiety and then a cosmopolitan! It was smooth sailing from there!

But then after the show the Cosmo had passed and it was back to dodge 43u2905849024893017590328490318590428904532 people  ::D::

i still call NYC the city. i don't care where i am, it's the city. every other city  is a city, not THE city. it's funny because it's not a conviction thing, it's just something my whole family does even though some of us haven't been there in years, none of us really know why

that's actually really sweet in a way though!

because it IS THE city!

of hopes and dreams!

and cigarette smoke and freaks of all nature!

But it still is a very fun place if you can navigate!

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it's sweet you guys call it "the city" because, in a way, that makes it YOURS :)

:barf: I can't be the only one who hates NYC, right?

I also live in a New Yorker-dense spot in CT so we get mad run off of New Yorkers and they're some of the worst people I've ever met and it's bc that city is a toxic cesspool.

Excuse my diatribe.

haha!

I don't hate it, but I most certainly couldn't do it all the time!

I also live in CT, but in a very rural part-so I'm used to people minding their business unless you are having kind/polite conversation!

Do you also get a lot of people from New Jersey as well?

Or just commuters?

>:D >:D I had a xanax for my anxiety and then a cosmopolitan! It was smooth sailing from there!

But then after the show the Cosmo had passed and it was back to dodge 43u2905849024893017590328490318590428904532 people  ::D::

I kept popping in and out of places that served beers and shots :D

lol then you would fit right in in NYC! everyone is tall! and lanky!

a LOT of models

a lot of asians in business suits

but I'm glad that people were at least polite to you in Boston!

CT/MASS get such a bad rep because we are so close to New York that people, general, as are you described, short and impersonal :(

but we aren't ALL like that! lol

I promise!

where in NY?

we went to see Sara Bareilles in "The Waitress" !!!!

Brooks Atkinson Theatre! :) It's off of 42nd, close to Time Square!!

We also went to E and E Grill House!

Which was actually freaking FANTASTIC!

in CT of the restaurants get boring because there isn't much to choose from. it was nice to get something different for once hahaha  >:D

even if it WAS comfort food!

That sounds about right  >:D

I walk down the street pissed off at tourists staring into the sky at the tall buildings

It's like, mother fucker, you never saw a building before? >:D

LOL and you're pissed for good reason!

those are the ones who stop in the MIDDLE OF THE WALK to try to figure out where they are going!

That or exactly what you said, staring up at all of the buildings!

Haha, fortunately we have been so many times (not in a LONG time though, maybe 5 years) that we were over the sight-seeing part of it!

And when we had to collect ourselves we stood to the side  ;)

you probably would still absolutely hate us though BAHAHA

I love nyc. I think it's creepy & foolish how much space suburban & rural folks afford each other when just walking around. You don't own all the space around you.

LOL as soon as we got back into CT, we were walking back to our cars and I am NOT kidding you, there was a good 6 feet in between all of us! HAHA!

I don't understand how you guys don't lose your MINDS with people in your personal space all the time!

I get it, because you all have a very efficient way of walking, and if you get just the right pace you'll have the green to keep going every block, but STILL

I don't like strangers touching me  >:D

I don't even like people I KNOW touching me  >:D

no that's a lie, I like the all the touching

F Train to Flushing.  Less crowded, more stores, no waiting for restaurant seats.

I've never been to Flushing! but I'm a big fan of "The Nanny"  >:D

unfortunately we didn't have time to get from there to the theatre!

maybe next time I go I'll skip time square and check it out!!

Mother fucker, you've never been to Flushing, Flushing is crowded af -_'

Actually, I was only in Flushing one time and it might not have been the F train.  Which one is that where you board three blocks from Port Authority?  Anyway, it's not nearly as crowded as the Chinatown close to Little Italy.  There's room on the sidewalks to drag a shopping wagon without running over toes.

Flushing_3.jpg.9d521dc32c94bc8e4291baccd4aa6a86.jpg

new york is nice, of all the other cities I have been to its the most like Boston, just much bigger, and the roads make sense. Also their harbor is still a toxic rancid pit of filth, we cleaned up ours years ago. 

So yeah better driving conditions, worse water.

I mean I could see how people not used to cities would find it off putting, for me its just normal.

I guess it must be easy to do since there's a bar on every corner  >:D

I can deal with crowds, just not the ones who have absolutely no consideration for the people around them. Sidewalks need lanes like highways have. Problem is, those same tourists would lollygag in the "fast walk" lane just like they do in the FUCKING PASSING LANE

YUP! you guessed it! But we had to go through in order to get to the theatre! I was OUT of my mind! It had been so many years since I was last there!

yea i find that most people who talk about the place being super crowded are always on 42nd..42nd will always be that way haha.

not to say new york as a whole doesnt have many people..but there are places that arent as busy.

yea i find that most people who talk about the place being super crowded are always on 42nd..42nd will always be that way haha.

not to say new york as a whole doesnt have many people..but there are places that arent as busy.

I know that I fit riiiiight in when I drive up that way

Actually, I was only in Flushing one time and it might not have been the F train.  Which one is that where you board three blocks from Port Authority?  Anyway, it's not nearly as crowded as the Chinatown close to Little Italy.  There's room on the sidewalks to drag a shopping wagon without running over toes.

You probably took the 7, I don't think the F really goes to what would be considered Flushing

Nanny jokes aside, I went to New York for a high school band trip. It was fun, but I wish we had seen more than touristy stuff like Times Square and museums. My group almost got to go off on our own, but everyone ended up being forced to wait an hour and a half in Central Park for another group whose dumb asses got lost in traffic. I remember being so pissed that day after walking by that same giant rock like the fourth time. I mean I didn't have to leave Georgia to see artsy folk sitting and talking on giant fucking rocks. And god I wish our band teachers had shared more of their plans before scheduling because the NBC Center tour was almost exactly like the CNN tour which most of us went to on a middle school field trip. I had my group laughing because I was muttering during the NBC tour, "Please don't do the green screen, please don't do the green screen," and then the tour guide shouted out, "Is anyone here wearing green?" Luckily, Phantom of the Opera had a damn good cast, going to the top of the Empire State Building is definitely a great memory, and I always get to remember causing that security incident at the Statue of Liberty.