UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 1 - 6

Rainy days and Christmas memories. Yeah, I think we've all been there, the pain of having a favorite character killed off. It's a major bummer for sure. I enjoyed the Christmas insert songs. I wish it were closer to that time of year right now than the scorching temperatures of mid May. But yeah, caught up with this series too, though I've been reading the source material for this for awhile now, before the anime was even announced, so I more or less knew what to expect. It's a good series. Some cosmetics issues at time like wonky faces or giraffe necks, but nothing major. Loving all the product placement/namedropping too, Nintendo and otherwise. I think the episode where they bought manga, 2 I think, was the first time a manga I actually own and that's on my shelf was featured in a currently airing anime episode, in this case Ancient Magus' Bride Volume 6. So yeah, that was cool.xD

And that's that, caught up with my "6 and 6" shows for this season. There were actually a couple more I planned to watch that I decided to either put off or drop entirely for one reason or another, and there are still other shows airing this season, like FMP Season 4 or Last Period that I'm keeping on my watching list but am not actually gonna watch anytime soon. I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually, but this is enough for now. Now to dig into my backlog a little more...

Edited by BUU8800

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Theater (Web) #1 to #13
Interviews with Monster Girls #3 and #4
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Theater (Web) #14 to #26
The iDOLM@STER #25 and #26 (END)

I apologize for all these idols. I put them all in one post so you can go back to ignoring them soon. Of course, it helps that the online-based Gekijou episodes are only a minute and a half each. xD

This show is very far removed from Monster Musume, and yet it still has quite a bit of sexual content on its own. Honestly, I wasn't expecting so much time to be dedicated to whether or not vampires sucking peoples' blood can be considered arousing, let alone the mere existence of a succubus character. But the show is pretty enjoyable either way, and Hikari is a good girl. I really loved her telling off the bullies in Episode 4 about how anyone saying bad things about Yuuki shouldn't do it to her face.

Speaking of which, I thought it was odd that the Crunchyroll subs were inconsistent on her name, even spelling it "Yukki" at one point. What the hell? You always double up on the Us, and not the Ks. I've never seen this error happen before, but it needs stop. :$

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

I loved Interviews with Monster Girls because you just wanna protecc and help guide them so they don't feel left out.

Excluding the big tits succubus sensei. That certainly wasn't the only thing you wanna do to her....

• Like 1

Magical Girl Ore 5

I'm a real sucker for episodes about the anime industry, so of course I loved it, shaggy dog story ending and all. The American military using Saki and Sakuyo as their secret weapon was probably the most subtle joke in the entire episode, considering their school trip location of Okinawa is famous for its American military bases. And in saying that, I think I just realized how Cat Planet Cuties was able to get its hands on so many firearms... :P

Edited by PokeNirvash

Amanchu! Advance 7

In which Peter the ghost tries to spirit Ai away. And it looks like we ain't done with him yet judging by the preview. Pretty odd for this series to go full on supernatural. Not sure how much I like it, but the night atmosphere was nice, and wanted a certain moment to last forever was certainly relatable.

Boys Over Flowers 5
Black Jack TV 4

The only Tezuka I've seen before this were a few episodes of Astro Boy and some clips of Metropolis, but even so, I'm really enjoying all the shout-outs to Tezuka's other works, and even the medical career he would've had, had he not decided to become the God of Manga instead.

Golden Kamuy 7

And so the hunt for Retar ends with him being saved by his woman, fitting.xD But the most exciting part was definitely the end with Ushiyama chasing down Shiraishi. I was getting King Bradley vibes, just buffer, from how unstoppable he was. Or maybe one of the Terminators. And of course gotta love the return of the osoma runner. xD

Edited by BUU8800

Okay then... Megalo Box #7.

This show is so good, I might as well break from my normal formatting to say this outside of a spoiler. That cliffhanger was also extremely mean, so I want more immediately.

Also, Mr. Osomatsu #19.

Now that was just a trainwreck of an episode. I was hoping they would actually commit to Shounosuke being the new focus of the show, and they even started this one with the throwback 60's animation... buuuuuuuut they chickened out after less than a minute. How the hell do you squander this much potential? He has sixteen brothers, for goodness' sake. You can just give them random character traits on the fly, and have that be the joke. At least spend a few minutes on something like this next time.

Then there was a pretty scattershot collection of gags based on Japan from how many years ago that had few jokes other than portraying the characters as screaming maniacs, eventually followed by a Girlymatsu segment with zero warning. The fact that they used the full intro with the genderswapped characters' descriptions despite having junked it for the last few sketches made me wonder if they needed to stall for time. And then the actual segment had them aged up into grandmas for no particular reason. What the hell went on here? At least the final segment was more focused and had some decent laughs, although it was far from this show's best.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi 1 - 12 + OVA(END)

And so Matoi succeeds in rescuing her mom from the 24th dimension and restoring her normal, ordinary family life while saving everyone. Well, okay her not so ordinary life stays, but her mom's back anyway.xD And I gotta say, seeing her all lovey dovey with Shingo was pretty satisfying considering his dour yet supportive role for the majority of the series. Especially during that OVA where it certainly seemed like they were screwing like rabbits. xD Initially I wasn't really feeling this series. That first 4 episode arc really didn't do much for me. I wasn't really invested in the world, and the tone set. I liked the slice of life scenes, but the creatures seemed to clash with it like they didn't belong in the same series or something. And the nudity running gag didn't really resonate not to mention Shingo's cringey accidental groping of his daughter. Claris' backstory didn't really intrigue me either. Thankfully Yuma(my favorite character) managed to lure me in with the fifth and sixth episodes, probably my favorite two of the series. Once charmed I started appreciating the things that weren't clicking with me more. I was worried Shingo just never realizing Matoi was the girl in disguise was a real possibility, but luckily they did some good stuff with him and her in the second half. Their relationship felt genuine and touching. To be sure, I wouldn't really say this was a particularly good series, the main plot never really got completely out of the "this makes little sense but just go with it to keep things moving" feel of those early episodes, but those middle episodes, the character of Yuma, Matoi's relationship with Shingo, and the happy ending with them both getting Shiori back in their lives were enough to earn a generous 7 out of 10 from me, just barely. What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings, and was even glad to see Claris' bed-ridden friend show signs of life. And of course Luciela's big, beautiful tits certainly didn't hurt things either I guess. xD

Edited by BUU8800

Tachibanakan Triangle 8

The ABCs...or is it Zs? of Love. Heh, second show airing this season that used that kiss/kisu tempura thing as a misunderstanding.xD

Lupin III: Part V 8

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 8

Oh goddamnit they really ended it there? Before Tsutsui and Igarashi reunited and had a night of passion in the woods(hopefully :P)? Bah! Well anyway this was a very paint by numbers episode given last week's setup. Ayado established more flags with Tsutsui hurting Igarashi(and Ito.) And now the drama must be destroyed! Yeah, right.

Edited by BUU8800

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. 2, 18

Well this took a helluva lot longer to come out than usual, and for good reason. Who knew being a blabbermouth could be so dangerous to Saiki keeping his secret? New transfer student Touma sure had him on the ropes, but my favorite bit of comedy in the episode actually came from Nendou randomly busting Kaidou's balls over his pathetic sweet potato pulls.xD Meanwhile poor Amp, who hasn't appeared nearly enough this season to begin with, got replaced. And where the hell was Aiura and her big tits this week? Good for Saiko I guess, having money AND friends, best of both worlds.

Edited by BUU8800

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 8

And there it is. If Teresa wasn't before, she's now definitely smitten with Tada-kun. Question is, with just 4 episodes left, what's to be done about it? Is Charles right in saying both of their futures can't be changed? For the sake of this show's score he better not be!xD

Comic Girls 8

Apparently Kaos actually has technically debuted already, it's just literally no one besides her mom liked it. For whatever reason I was under the impression she hadn't even debuted yet. Well regardless, this episode actually dealt with what is easily me least favorite aspect of the show: the running gag of Kaos being a meek little bag of failure professionally. Seriously when the girls all said they were the same in an early showing of unity all I could think was no, you really aren't. Three of you are at least somewhat successful, and the other is Kaos. It's nice you support her, but that only goes so far. Eventually Kaos must experience some sort of real success in her work, or this is gonna fall flat for me. It feels like the show wants to have things both ways. It wants to try and seemingly earnestly address Kaos' relationship with her Editor, but then make jokes about her continuing to be the butt monkey she has been for the entire series in that regard. I hope I'm wrong, but with just 4 episodes left I fear she isn't gonna get that success she desperately needs and it'll just be played off for some more cgdct antics. Which would be fine if this whole little sideplot didn't exist, I'd honestly probably prefer it didn't, but it does and I'm really not liking it in what is otherwise a pretty good series. It's a shame really, but oh well.

Edited by BUU8800

Magical Girl Ore #7 and #8
The Eccentric Family #7 and #8

Spoiler

I'm fucking hyped that we have an actual spoiler button now. On the other hand, you still need to change the text color if you don't want it to be nearly invisible. ¬¬ 

What might be even better is that Magical Girl Ore is now genuinely entertaining, at least by my standards. The show seems fully invested in itself, and there are no jokes obnoxiously repeated to fill time, which has been this show's biggest problem when it comes to being based off of two volumes of manga. I enjoyed Cyborg Fujimoto showing up for no real reason (and the show doesn't dwell on it much), plus the unnamed manager character turning into a completely different person when he sings karaoke. And this is before getting into a gag in the second episode that involved cum... seriously!

Ryuuou no Oshigoto! 1 - 12(END)

So the Ryuo really won 4 matches with the Meijin in a row, the last 3 conveniently off screen? Sure, why not?xD Well my opinions on this series fluctuated as it went. I generally enjoyed the first three episodes, finding the lolicon pandering complaints overblown, then I found myself put off with certain characters and developments, including from the MC, and finding the lolicon pandering a bit much afterall. And then finally near the end it leveled out at around a 6 out of 10. Keika was by far my favorite character(and her big, beautiful tits.) After being a butt monkey for the first 6 episodes I figured her "development" in episode 7 was gonna ensure she became a professional "one day." As in, "read the source material because this adaptation isn't gonna reach that point." So that bummed me out, but to the show's credit she did reach her goal in the 11th episode, and that was easily my favorite thing that happened in this series. That aside not much to say. The MC's douchey behavior near the end was understandable given his age and situation, but still not at all enjoyable to witness. I never really liked Ginko, at all, and some other characters like any that had shark teeth in their design were obnoxious. But it wasn't terrible or anything. I know next to nothing about shogi so if I were an enthusiast maybe that would give it bonus points for me but like I said it's a 6/10. Honestly a bit underwhelming for what turns out to be my 700th completed entry on MAL, but oh well.

Edited by BUU8800

Hinamatsuri 8

In which Hina is phoned home....almost. Well that ending wasn't exactly heartwarming, but it was hilarious. You're not free so easy Nitta.xD

Toji no Miko 20

Well that certainly was a game of keepaway. And now Hiyori is possessed. Well, guess they had to find something for her to do this cour.

Edited by BUU8800

Amanchu! Advance 8

The story of ghost baby Peter in Neverland continues. Still feels odd for this series, but I did like the callback to Teko's broom flying skills. I still miss Flying Witch.:(

Edited by BUU8800

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online 7
Koi Kaze 1

Spoiler

I'm 99.9% sure that dude who was asking Fukaziroh to sell him her avatar was the same guy that was asking Kirito the same thing back when he first entered GGO. :D

flj9iei.png

eoiBjgs.png

As for the other show, regardless of your feelings towards the whole incest plotline, that first episode was very well-put together. It really felt more like a slow and comfy slice-of-life film than an anime. The dub's good too, though I personally thing Stephanie Sheh's portrayal of Nanoka is more than a little stilted. Hopefully it isn't trapped in rights-holding hell because this is a show I'd like to see relicensed and rereleased.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Megalo Box #8
Mr. Osomatsu #20

Spoiler

The reveal that Shirato's AI-equipped gear is useless against any fighter who doesn't also have one was a pretty brilliant plot twist. I was wondering why he would single out Joe in particular as a boxer, and if it had any connection to him being "Gearless Joe" after all, but I never really put the pieces together. Oh well.

Nanbu being locked in the Yukiko's apartment meant that Joe had to settle the score himself. In fact, that whole scene close to the end reminded me of an entirely different plot device, when a character arrives at an altar to stop one of their friends and/or family members from being married, only this time, it was Shirato about to be crowned as The Final One. Really, it's not as if Joe wasn't going to get his rematch, since the Megalonia tournament has been the central goal of Team Nowhere since the beginning of the show, and it would be pointless to have them not get in with a good chunk of the show (four episodes) remaining. All that matters is how the show goes about it, and Yukiko's realization that she can just make up the rules herself and give Joe one more fighting chance made for a good climax.

Still, considering the specter of Joe's illegal citizenship and past in throwing underground fights, I have a feeling that if Shirato loses the rematch, he'll get angry over almost having had a spot in Megalonia, but then Yukiko's turnabout snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, so he'll want to defame Joe as payback. After that, it all depends on if the audience who likes Megalo Boxing is okay with forsaking Joe, because of how he's grown as a character since the start of the show and eventually trained hard enough to win legitimate fights, or if it'll just be too much for them and he'll be ruined in their eyes. I can't wait to see how the show goes about all of this in its final third.

As for the Osomatsu episode, what the heck was up with "School Matsu"? The ending had Jyushimatsu come in and drink one of the brothers as if through a straw, and then Totoko came in and popped him like a balloon. I guess the writers were backed into a corner and had no idea how to properly end things, and the segment had already gone too long, so they dropped all pretenses of being coherent and ended it on the most outlandish gag they could think of. At least it made for a great delayed joke at the very end, even if I was disappointed it didn't involve what the heck Hatabou's meat products are made of.

[my guess is that it's human; the former employees of his own company, of course]