UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers 2199 23.

I feel like I’m screaming at a brick wall when I tell people how amazing this show is.  The Internet likes Voltron for God’s sake.  Yamato 2199 is a better show than Voltron in virtually every way possible.

Amanchu! Advance 2

Pikari met Kokoro this week for a story about the circle of(aquatic) life. Momtopus wasn't havin' any of that eel's shit! Between the fireworks and birth of the babies there were some stunning visuals, though I did miss Teko. Good thing she seems to be taking back focus again next week!

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. 2, 13

New opening and ending! Well the new ending was better, but the first opening was much better than this one imo. Oh well, still not particularly bad or anything. Anyway starting off with a two parter featuring the two best girls with the biggest, most beautiful tits, Chisato and Aiura!xD Glad Chisato reunited with her dad. Saiki you tsundere! xD Then a look at his dad's job as editor(with easily the funniest moment of the episode for me: his mom screaming/thinking he'd died when finding his body he left via astral projection), flower viewing, and training! Quite the bombshell was revealed with that volcano and the time rewinds. I wonder if that will be addressed again as our finale at the end of the series. Man though, Saiki's training was impressive. And it got me thinking he could probably take out all the big shonen heavyweights with his powers!

Edited by BUU8800

Persona 4 the Animation 1 - 26(END)

Well that certainly was a flashy and confusing ending. But I should point out I've never actually played Persona 4, or really any Persona with one notable exception, so that's probably why. Why did I watch this series if I've never played the game you ask? Well it's because I've been playing through Persona Q on the 3DS using the Persona 4 characters, and I really enjoy their chemistry in that game. To the extent that I'm over 60 hours in still enjoying it. And since I'll never own a non-Nintendo video game console again, I figured I'd check this out to see more of them. And as a whole this series was....just okay. A bit on the boring side I'm sorry to say. The art style took me awhile to get used to after familiarizing myself with how the characters look in Persona Q which is vastly different. And that first stretch of 8 or 10 or however many episodes where everyone faced their shadows felt particularly monotonous and repetitive. Even the slice of life stuff wasn't really clicking much with me early on. It did get better as it went on, and I still ultimately enjoyed the main group of characters, but the mystery was never really one. I never checked spoilers and never played the game and still figured out the one behind it all was Adachi extremely early on. How? He was pretty much the only recurring character it could have been! Honestly the only other one I can think of right now is the takeout delivery girl and it obviously wasn't her. It may as well not have been a mystery at all. But I do assume that was probably handled better in the game where you're given freedom of exploration. I liked that Nanako lived as she was a darling, but that whole storyline really was rather cheap, by which I mean emotionally manipulative. Which is fine I guess I mean normally I don't mind that if it leads to me getting what I want but eh. So yeah, overall a serviceable viewing experience but probably not one I'll ever long to experience again. I saw there was apparently a 12 or 13 episode remake that came out but I don't think I'll bother with that. Instead I'm looking forward to finishing off Persona Q possibly as soon as later on tonight and certainly sometime this week. 6/10.

Golden Kamuy 2

Shiraishi is on the scene! As well as Hijikata, briefly mentioned, and some other important characters. I suppose a narrator was mandatory for this series, loved the kitatap scene. So chapters 3 through 7 adapted this week. And I would say...fairly well. I'm still a bit uncertain about the production values for this, lotta wonky faces this week in particular, and as I said last week I'm hoping they don't go into anime-only territory or jump around wildly as it gets closer to the end. But so far so good I guess.

Edited by BUU8800

Tachibanakan Triangle 3

Hope spying on/sleeping with Iori was worth it! But damn those light beams!xD

Lupin III: Part V 3

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 3

Okay first of all.....a banana peel? Really? Wooooooooow!xD That nonsense aside we got a new character, Arisa. She was kinda a bitch at first, but warmed up to our group who managed to save her from a scumbag only interested in using her for her money. That was kinda sweet. And speaking of sweets....what the hell Tsutsui! He better open up a sweets shop or something with those skills! xD

Edited by BUU8800

Nana Maru San Batsu 1 - 12(END)

And so we end with our MC losing the quiz battle, but gaining a budding bromance. And dayum you know what? That was actually a surprisingly absorbing/engrossing little series. To the extent that not only did I watch all of it over the course of roughly 30 hours, but I'm also kinda sad this is in all likelihood never gonna get a sequel. It had the Baby Steps-esque vibe of the MC getting involved in something and learning about it along the way. So the biggest thing that stood out to me, at least initially, was what seemed to stand out to everybody: the female lead's voice. Sure enough, it was a newbie who, judging by MAL, still doesn't have much anime voice acting work under her belt. I don't know if she really improved as the show went on or her role seemed to decrease or I just got used to her or what, but by the end the performance didn't really bug me...though I feel like it deserved to be pointed out. That aside yeah, this was just...fun. Even the troll character's last-minute development was nice. I'm left feeling charmed from this series. I'm tempted to be generous and give it an 8, but I'll stick with a solid 7/10.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 3

Oh yeah, an episode seen through the eyes of Nyanko Big! And he even found love as I suspected! One day he'll make that leap...one day! Meanwhile....why the fuck is Golgo 13 in this show?xD And next week we may see how true another of my theories turns out to be...

Comic Girls 3

Rainy days high school girls evaluation for Kaos-chan. Enjoy your head feeling tits girl!xD Nice hair too. Nyaos-sensei ain't got nothin' on Nyanko Big! xD And holy shit Koyume in her bra! Such lovely fanservice! Nothing like home cooking, eh Kaos-chan? Persevere through all the rejections!

Edited by BUU8800

Hinamatsuri 3

Anzu and the homeless this week. Still as emotionally moving as it was in the manga. Just watch out for that self-fulfilling prophecy Hina.xD

Toji no Miko 15

Another unconventional pairing this week: Kaoru and Sayaka. Cute squirrel aradama, at first anyway. They cheapened out and skipped the ping-pong! And the mystery of the cloak girl continues. Well looks like our main 6 are meeting up again next week at least.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Haha 1

Fune wo Amu 1 - 11(END)

And so The Great Passage gets published at last, as Matsumoto-san says farewell leaving behind words of wisdom for Majime and all who were a part of his life working on it. You know, I very nearly teared up at the end there as Majime was reading Matsumoto's letter. I didn't, but on a different day I very easily could have. But anyway, this was quite the little series. For a story about publishing a dictionary, and make no mistake the show never lost that as its focus(even when I occasionally wished it had) it was surprisingly touching and engrossing. I refer primarily to the relationships Majime built during the time in his life which we witnessed. With Matsumoto, Nishioka, Kaguya, etc... If I had one criticism I would say that I wish we had gotten more of the romance between Majime and Kaguya, but the show wasn't really about that. It was, but just as a side note, and with only 11 episodes there was only so much time it could receive I suppose. But hey, they ended up together and whatnot so I can't complain to much. The time management when it came to the episode 8 timeskip was interesting to. I'm not sure how I feel about introducing Midori and giving her so much time at the end there, but again the focus was always the dictionary and we needed to see it finished. So I suppose all the decisions make sense. I'm gonna give this an 8 out of 10. I'm tempted to make room for it in my Top 10 Anime of 2016 list. It could probably take number 9 or 10 on it, but I think I'll hold off. But either way, a very good series.

Edited by BUU8800

Amanchu! Advance 3

Big episode for Teko this week. The girl really doesn't give herself enough credit, she's been moving forward at a steady pace all along. Even if it took multiple tries she's improving. I just know she'll try night diving one day. Maybe during her honeymoon with Pikari!xD But either way next week is being reserved for broom flight apparently! Is this that Flying Witch crossover we've always wanted by any chance? xD 

Edited by BUU8800

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online 3
One Outs 6

Complain all you want, but Kirito and Sinon's team-up against Death Gun inspiring Keiichi Sigsawa's author avatar to propose the whole idea for the Squad Jam is just classic SAO bullshit, I just can't possibly hate it. :D

eJDTybt.png

D53OCgA.png

e7EOgoA.png