UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 1

So that was pretty adorable and wholesome. Gave off a vague Gochiusa vibe with Nyanko Big and the coffee shop setting. Plus I love the character designs/artstyle. As far as potential romance series go I definitely prefer it to 3D Kanojo so far. I didn't even mind the cliche transfer student ending, and actually got a kick out of the location reveal making Teresa and Alex Tada's neighbors. That little tidbit that got covered up by the traffic concerns me though. Teresa is....what? Royalty? Something that will no doubt threaten to drive the potential budding couple apart. That's really my only concern at the moment as I'd prefer if drama was kept to a minimum with this otherwise relaxing, comfy series. That aside yeah, good stuff. Could wind up being this season's surprise hit for me considering I nearly didn't even watch it.

Comic Girls 1

So the moral of the story is: You don't need big, beautiful tits to draw lewd manga! But I'm sure, as in all other aspects of life, they'd help.xD Anyway this felt like Hidamari Sketch crossed with New Game mixed with a bit more negative tinge, primarily from Kaos constantly crying/being rejected/being down on herself. Not bad, but I hope she starts succeeding soon. Koyume and her bigger than everyone else except perhaps the dorm mother's tits is probably my favorite so far, but they were all enjoyable enough. So yeah, it has begun!

Edited by BUU8800

1 hour ago, BUU8800 said:

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 1

Reveal hidden contents

So that was pretty adorable and wholesome. Gave off a vague Gochiusa vibe with Nyanko Big and the coffee shop setting. Plus I love the character designs/artstyle. As far as potential romance series go I definitely prefer it to 3D Kanojo so far. I didn't even mind the cliche transfer student ending, and actually got a kick out of the location reveal making Teresa and Alex Tada's neighbors. That little tidbit that got covered up by the traffic concerns me though. Teresa is....what? Royalty? Something that will no doubt threaten to drive the potential budding couple apart. That's really my only concern at the moment as I'd prefer if drama was kept to a minimum with this otherwise relaxing, comfy series. That aside yeah, good stuff. Could wind up being this season's surprise hit for me considering I nearly didn't even watch it.

Comic Girls 1

Reveal hidden contents

So the moral of the story is: You don't need big, beautiful tits to draw lewd manga! But I'm sure, as in all other aspects of life, they'd help.xD Anyway this felt like Hidamari Sketch crossed with New Game mixed with a bit more negative tinge, primarily from Kaos constantly crying/being rejected/being down on herself. Not bad, but I hope she starts succeeding soon. Koyume and her bigger than everyone else except perhaps the dorm mother's tits is probably my favorite so far, but they were all enjoyable enough. So yeah, it has begun!

I’m thinking of starting Tada-kun wa koi wo Shinai. Heard good and neutral reviews on it

Good Luck Girl #1
Kakegurui #4
How to Keep a Mummy #2
Tokyo Ghoul;re #1

Yeah, of course I was going to watch it. The first episode had tons of physical comedy, and the entire premise of the show is pretty much a screwball cat-and-mouse story, so I think I'll really like the rest.

YpJFYd4.jpg

OIlkK6C.jpg

Watching the new Tokyo Ghoul was (perhaps predictably) not my decision. We dialed it up in the anime club, and... you know, I actually thought it was okay! Giving names to each of the characters as subtitles when they first appeared must have been an intentional choice after people complained at how obtuse the first two seasons were. The plot was very briskly paced (because that's what you get when combining five manga chapters into the first episode), but it was simple and actually easy to follow for once, and the action scenes were about as good as they've always been... for the franchise.

I knew right away that the white-haired protagonist-like was Kaneki in some form, though. You ain't fooling me, show. And if you try to think I'll forget by the time this airs on Toonami, say no more.

Edited by Blatch
  • Like 2

Toji no Miko 13

Well it's new arc time and even four months later the cleanup from the Yukari incident isn't done. More aradama popping up everywhere and now this mysterious hooded toji collecting noro. Meanwhile we briefly check in with the girls, meet some new ones too. At least I think they were new I dunno, maybe they briefly popped up early on in the series or something I can't remember. Well I guess we gotta start slow if we're setting up new enemies. Kinda annoyed that insane lady in red somehow wasn't arrested apparently. Hopefully as the preview seems to indicate we'll focus more on best-girl Mai next week, maybe even meet her family.

Edited by BUU8800

11 hours ago, Blatch said:

Good Luck Girl #1
Kakegurui #4
How to Keep a Mummy #2
Tokyo Ghoul;re #1

Hide contents

Yeah, of course I was going to watch it. The first episode had some amazing physical comedy, and the whole show is pretty much a screwball cat-and-mouse story, so I think I'll really like the rest.

YpJFYd4.jpg

OIlkK6C.jpg

Watching the new Tokyo Ghoul was (perhaps predictably) not my decision. We dialed it up in the anime club, and... you know, I actually thought it was okay! Giving names to each of the characters as subtitles when they first appeared must have been an intentional choice after people complained at how obtuse the first two seasons were. The plot was very briskly paced (because that's what you get when combining five manga chapters into the first episode), but it was simple and actually easy to follow for once, and the action scenes were about as good as they've always been... for the franchise.

I knew right away that the white-haired protagonist-like was Kaneki in some form, though. You ain't fooling me, show. And if you try to think I'll forget by the time this airs on Toonami, say no more.

Given how his identity is given away in the OP without any dialogue, I'd say it isn't a twist.

• Haha 1

Hinamatsuri 1

Well that took forever to come out. Definitely worth the wait though. Yeah, by all accounts this was a pretty fantastic first episode. But then considering how wonderful the source material is that's not really a surprise. I did find it interesting that we seemed to have actually started post-timeskip and then gone back as iirc the manga just starts as usual and then we just eventually get a timeskip. Makes me wonder if they're gonna flash forward and back at all picking and choosing which chapters they adapt. Regardless, the worst thing about this so far is the confirmation it's a mere 12 episodes. A series of this caliber deserves far more.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. 2, 12

Love is in the air this week as Imu is back! It had been awhile but as it turns out she's really in love with Teruhashi! Well no biggie, Saiki should choose best-girl Aiura and her massively big, beautiful tits anyway!xD Though I suppose Teruhashi will probably win that war someday. And poor, ignored Chiyo? Well there's always Kaidou. xD But who needs girl humans when you can get girl hamsters! My god, I so fuckin' love that Riki Jr. Mark II or whatever her absurd name is. Give her a spinoff damnit! xD Seriously, her cuteness heals the soul. And Saiki seems equally enthusiastic when it comes to the impressively average Satou. But just as Nendou's true nature killed the effect his new haircut had on the girls, so too does Saiki's kill any chance of befriending Satou. Don't be sad though Saiki, start XXXXing Aiura already instead! xD

My Hero Academia 39

Should also point out for no particular reason that earlier in the night I had the worst panic attack I've had in over a year, probably two. Felt like I was gonna die for about 75 minutes so...yeah, that was fun! xD 

Edited by BUU8800
  • Sad 2

My Hero Academia 39

Episode 39 is a recap, but has surprisingly more original content that I expected!  We're goin to da pool!

Funimation's dub is delayed because the Japanese studio couldn't get them the files in time, but they say they'll release it soon, and the dub of Episode 40 is on time as of now.

Edited by elfie

Amanchu! Advance 1

Teko and Pikari are back! Celebratin' the nip slip(yay!) avoidance(awww) with a barbecue! As calm and relaxing a series as I remember, but all the talk about them eventually parting was a downer. I know! They just need to get married! Yuri for the win!xD

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 2

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online 1

I still know jackshit about MMOs, but even I could tell that this show has a better handle on comparative realism than its parent series did. Lots of strategy here, more than I was expecting. Of all the things that weren't random SAO lore references, the team takedown conga in the city and the climactic moment taking place in a bombed-out American suburb were the best parts.

DsLSdl8.png

iioveSP.png

Freezing 6
B: The Beginning 6

Keith knows so much about the series' secret plotline, and yet even he feels like h's a side character in the grand scheme of things. Oh well, at least his evening wasn't spent getting chased around by his own co-workers.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Golden Kamuy 1

Oof! Well the weird cg fire had me concerned, but the cg bears looked absolutely horrendous. And Retar wasn't much better. That aside it wasn't a bad introductory episode and adaptation of the first two manga chapters. Still have some concerns regarding this adaptation though. Only 12 episodes for an epic series like this is always gonna be concerning. I just hope they adapt what they can in that time at a reasonable pace and don't do anything stupid like push for an anime-original ending or something but...guess we'll see.

Tachibanakan Triangle 2

So the blonde is Yuu. Can't blame her for loving fondling tits!xD Meanwhile Kono and Hana share a moment under a bridge...and in a tub. That rubber ducky placement! xD And the mystery is solved! The silver haired girl with the big, beautiful tits? Her name is Iori! So now that the introductions are finished, I think, let the ecchiness commence in earnest! xD

Lupin III: Part V 2

Edited by BUU8800

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2

Geez the speed is still quite fast, I mean just straight up offering sex like that? Well no shock Tsutsui turned it down. Boy's got a very meek, calculating personality and seems rather down on himself. I can certainly relate sorry to say. Well after the NTR fakeout....or would it really just her being a floozy? Anyway after that the episode slowed down and became cute with the mom and little brother finding out. And that was a nice gift and moment on the Ferris wheel. 6 months eh? Maybe he'll be ready for sex by then.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 2

Photography club battle! And meeting more potential couples during it. So was student rep Hina the same as Pin-senpai's gravure idol Hina? Because aside from the massive tits, which she might just be hiding in that school uniform, they looked pretty similar. Or maybe I'm looking into things too much I dunno. But with the whole Teresa is royalty foreshadowing twist brought up last week and in the op another twist of that nature wouldn't really surprise me. Regardless, another fun outing. Meanwhile it looks like perhaps Nyanko Big might be finding a potential mate next week! Is everyone in this show gonna end up paired off by the end?xD

Comic Girls 2

Art supply shopping and starting school this week. Poor Kaos-chan, so meek and timid. Well maybe that will change as we go along. I certainly hope so anyway.  Meanwhile I'm definitely liking that next episode title! Now watch it end up being about pudding or something instead. xD

I also see that Wotaku started today. As a reader of the source material I had planned on watching it weekly, but I think instead I'll pick it as one of my "6 and 6" shows for this season. Similar to what I did with a few shows last season like Gakuen Babysitters I'll watch it in 6 episode chunks.

Edited by BUU8800

Evil or Live 9

This show is by no means good in an objective sense, but hoo boy am I liking where things are going regardless. xD Also, 3/4 of the way through and no two episodes share the same content rating. It'll be fun if it manages to score three more unique ones to obtain "perfect rating combo" status.

Hinamatsuri 2

So I guess this won't be coming out at 2 in the morning during its entire run afterall. I'm almost disappointed actually.xD Anyway best-girl Anzu has arrived! I get emotional just thinking about her story, but more on that next week judging by the next episode title. Nitta's wild life in the second half was fun too. Hitomi adapted to her bartending duties remarkably well and seemed to take the absurdity around her in stride. Also, I don't know if I ever realized reading the manga just how massively big and beautiful Utako's tits are! Especially in the op! Too bad you didn't grab her Nitta. xD 

Toji no Miko 14

A long overdue best-girl Mai-centric outing this week, and probably one of my favorite episodes yet. Loved the family dynamics going on, with both Mai and Ellen's families. I had a big goofy grin on my face after wondering who this new blonde woman was with big, beautiful tits only for it to be revealed to be Ellen's mother. Of course!xD Those two are probably my two favorites of the main girls so it figures I'd like this one. I did notice some weirdly drawn faces, and this hooded new foe still doesn't interest me all that much, but yeah...by this show's standards this one was good.

Edited by BUU8800

Dorei-ku The Animation 1

Mmkay, turns out this wasn't as inherently sexual as I expected it to be, which kind of made the experience of watching it... better, maybe? Whatever the case, I want more of this show, and that ain't the lingering embers of my S&M fetish talking. ;)

Well, only one anime with a heavy S&M quotient was getting licensed this season, and it sure as hell wasn't Sweet Punishment. Ironically, that one isn't even being fansubbed right now, presumably because the uncensored version hasn't been released as normal and thus they're waiting for the BDs. Ho hum.

Megalo Box #1
Laid-Back Camp #12 (END)

What a great hugbox that was... honestly. All of the camping girls have jobs so they can actually afford their hobby now. Rin actually likes camping with the girls (and they better watch Bakuon!! together on the next major trip), and Nadeshiko is now competent enough to go solo camping on her own. And I absolutely had a great time learning with all of them.

This is one of those shows where I can't say much more than what has already been said, if only because almost every concievable take has been made about it, but it was a great watch. I sort of slacked on it towards the end, however. These "healing" CGDCT shows are nice, but I very often don't want to watch anything from the genre because of how staid they are. Still, at least this one had genuine appeal to all across the spectrum of fans and critics, so I'm happy to have shared it with them. 8/10.

Also, New Hampshire is one of the best states in the country for camping in general, so you know I'll have to try it myself at some point. ^_^

Dammit, now I'll never know what crime the main girl was put away for. :(

Chaika: The Coffin Princess 4
Please Twins! 4

I called it from the start that the cat was the dragoon all along.

Dammit Matagu, this "sneaking into the girls' locker room to look after your sister" bullshit is the reason you're the only one in your group of guy-friends who's still a virgin.