UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Mayo Chiki! 4

Huh, this one was way better than @Chapinator-800 made it out to be years ago. Probably my favorite episode of what I've seen thus far.

I don’t remember as much of the show, but I remember that Subaru and Kanade were both pretty decent.

I think what ended up making me approach the show with pessimism week-by-week was whenever they treated the domestic abuse that Jiro went through as a gag. I’d probably like the show more if his mom and sister didn’t have as many jokes attached to their characters.

Yeah, that whole thing was what convinced me to approach the show with the caution I did. Jiro's mom moreso than his sister - it's no surprise for anime siblings to beat on one another, but for his mother to do the same is just crossing a line without bothering to cross it again - but with her essentially being a non-character with only a single flashback where she did any on-screen abusing (which I wound up Tweeting about as a means of coping), it wasn't long before I came to terms with that, on top of the nine years of baiting my time between your watch and my official following suit.

30 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Yeah, that whole thing was what convinced me to approach the show with the caution I did. Jiro's mom moreso than his sister - it's no surprise for anime siblings to beat on one another, but for his mother to do the same is just crossing a line without bothering to cross it again - but with her essentially being a non-character with only a single flashback where she did any on-screen abusing (which I wound up Tweeting about as a means of coping), it wasn't long before I came to terms with that, on top of the nine years of baiting my time between your watch and my official following suit.

Yeah, it would be easier to excuse it as siblings roughhousing if it was just the sister constantly going after Jiro. But the mom being the key instigator/abuser does make it less fun. 

That being said, I’d probably have a better time with it nowadays since I remember the fan service being pretty good. 

Durarara!! x 2  7 - 12 + 4.5 OVA

Interesting twist...

Spoiler

Did Izaya just get shivved? Holy crap! I never would have expected the guy who seems to know almost everything to get caught off guard like that.

Oh, and that hot pot OVA episode was fun. I was about to complain there's been so many new characters being shoved into the story that it felt like they were neglecting the old ones, but it was nice to see more about how some of them met and what they were like when they were younger.