UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Season 2 on Toonami April 22nd!

Blatch

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M WATCHING THE FINAL FOUR INSTEAD OF THIS.

But at least you now know why all those shows were rated TV-14DLV.

Also, make sure to catch Rick & Morty before midnight. It'll probably preempt Samurai Jack and DB Super, which gives you bonus opportunities to watch.

I guess not, since the episode is repeating until midnight.

On the plus side, this now closes the gap between Jack's end and Memorial Day weekend and eliminates the possibility of an empty slot.

are we sure of that cause I'm gonna be real mad if AS is postponing Toonami for an april fools joke

If that's your opinion, then fine.

But unlike the time back in November 2014 where they preempted a new episode of Newsreaders to rerun Too Many Cooks in a better slot, I'm extremely happy about such a thing.

I'm furious and I may not watch Toonami at all

If that's your opinion, then fine.

But unlike the time back in November 2014 where they preempted a new episode of Newsreaders to rerun Too Many Cooks in a better slot, I'm extremely happy about such a thing.

That was overkill to the Nth degree, and what's worse is that they made the swear word filter "*cooks*" from that point forward ALL THE WAY THROUGH 2015 until the Lithium boards finally died in January 2016.

I finally got to see the teaser trailer, and I noticed something strange: ALL the footage was from the first episode of Season 1 of AOT! That does kinda make sense since I doubt they'd actually have any footage from Season 2, but I thought it would make a lot more sense to see it use footage from the LAST episode of Season 1.

And as for the 1-cour thing, we really don't know. It could announce a 2nd cour in October at the end of the Spring season. I really hope it does!

I guess it was a case like Dimension W where they had very little to no footage at all from the episodes, and they just went on what people would remember.

Also, change of plans: The show, actually premieres on April 22 now. JoJo's doubles up on the 15th with no Tokyo Ghoul so they can get to it quicker.

Wow, this decision is interesting for 3 reasons:

1. Timeslot confirmed to be 12:30 AM!? Sounds like a horrible waste for any broadcast dub, but especially for a monster franchise like AOT!

2. Gundam Unicorn burns an episode while Tokyo Ghoul doesn't. That means when Unicorn ends, Ghoul will be on its 10th episode. I can't see Gundam IBO Season 2 airing at 2 AM, nor can I see Tokyo Ghoul getting buried with 2 episodes left in its first season. This raises 2 questions:

A) What will air at 2 AM after Unicorn ends, and

B) Does this mean that Gundam IBO S2's destiny is to replace AOT S2? It seems like it would be ready by July 22nd.

3. So they're thinking Stardust Crusaders won't even be ready by mid July?

That was overkill to the Nth degree, and what's worse is that they made the swear word filter "*cooks*" from that point forward ALL THE WAY THROUGH 2015 until the Lithium boards finally died in January 2016.

I finally got to see the teaser trailer, and I noticed something strange: ALL the footage was from the first episode of Season 1 of AOT! That does kinda make sense since I doubt they'd actually have any footage from Season 2, but I thought it would make a lot more sense to see it use footage from the LAST episode of Season 1.

And as for the 1-cour thing, we really don't know. It could announce a 2nd cour in October at the end of the Spring season. I really hope it does!

Thomas Romain, a French-born anime animator and designer, tweeted that it is indeed 1-cour and "is sorry".  He stated that the anime industry there is in a crisis though.

Thomas Romain, a French-born anime animator and designer, tweeted that it is indeed 1-cour and "is sorry".  He stated that the anime industry there is in a crisis though.

Wow, sounds more like a problem with Pony Canyon than the industry. Still, given how popular Attack on Titan is, it's kinda shocking that they wouldn't allocate more resources to producing more episodes. Well, 12 episodes it is then, and if it remains at 12:30 it will most likely be replaced by more JoJo when it ends in mid-July.

It seems Toonami might not be interested in Gundam IBO Season 2 after all? Unless maybe Viz will take even longer to produce Stardust Crusaders and it will replace Tokyo Ghoul?

Wow, sounds more like a problem with Pony Canyon than the industry. Still, given how popular Attack on Titan is, it's kinda shocking that they wouldn't allocate more resources to producing more episodes. Well, 12 episodes it is then, and if it remains at 12:30 it will most likely be replaced by more JoJo when it ends in mid-July.

It seems Toonami might not be interested in Gundam IBO Season 2 after all? Unless maybe Viz will take even longer to produce Stardust Crusaders and it will replace Tokyo Ghoul?

Paraphrased: "Not many realize that WIT is actually very small. They didn't realize AoT would be such a runaway hit and they still can't meet the demands with the resources."

It means semi-uncut Outlaw Star at 2:00.

That would be totally awesome.

That or HD G Gundam if we've gotta keep this a Gundam slot and IBO S2 isn't ready yet.

Would they air IBO S2 at 2 AM? Maybe. After all since it seems AOT is getting 12:30, and SAO S1 aired at 2, it might not be a bad slot for a dub premiere.

Plus Hunter x Hunter is stuck at 1:30 and even though the animation is 4 years old it IS a dub premiere!

Wow even sooner. Having the new season of Titan on Toonami just 3 weeks behind Japan is pretty insane. I hope it does well for them.

I can't help but feel they are missing a grand opportunity by not pairing up Jack and Attack on Titan premieres. DBS hasn't been holding Jack super great and I honestly think AoT could do better in that slot. Perhaps they'll shift Attack on Titan to 11pm when Jack ends but that's a bit of a jump from 12:30 and the show will only have seven episodes left at that point so I have my doubts they'll do that.

Considering the goal is to stay just 3 weeks behind Japan they shouldn't preempt Attack on Titan on Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July weekend. That may play a factor in how it is scheduled once Jack leaves and all the more reason to move it to 11pm at that point but maybe they'll bite the bullet on those nights and air some if not all of the regular line-up. It's gonna be interesting to see how that all plays out in the coming months.

I'm all about doubling up JoJo for the season finale. Tokyo Ghoul viewers are getting the shaft there but given Attack on Titan will be Ghoul's lead-in the week after, I'm sure it will be more than fine.

Wow even sooner. Having the new season of Titan on Toonami just 3 weeks behind Japan is pretty insane. I hope it does well for them.

I can't help but feel they are missing a grand opportunity by not pairing up Jack and Attack on Titan premieres. DBS hasn't been holding Jack super great and I honestly think AoT could do better in that slot. Perhaps they'll shift Attack on Titan to 11pm when Jack ends but that's a bit of a jump from 12:30 and the show will only have seven episodes left at that point so I have my doubts they'll do that.

Considering the goal is to stay just 3 weeks behind Japan they shouldn't preempt Attack on Titan on Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July weekend. That may play a factor in how it is scheduled once Jack leaves and all the more reason to move it to 11pm at that point but maybe they'll bite the bullet on those nights and air some if not all of the regular line-up. It's gonna be interesting to see how that all plays out in the coming months.

I'm all about doubling up JoJo for the season finale. Tokyo Ghoul viewers are getting the shaft there but given Attack on Titan will be Ghoul's lead-in the week after, I'm sure it will be more than fine.

Don't forget that shows are often pre-empted this time of year in Japan for Golden Week, which is the week of April 29th. If that is the case with Attack on Titan, then the first episode will be 3 episodes behind Japan but the 2nd and beyond will only be TWO episodes behind Japan! Breaking for Memorial Day would only set it back to 3 episodes behind Japan for its last 7 episodes in June and July, also assuming the more likely lack of pre-emption on July 1.

Don't forget that shows are often pre-empted this time of year in Japan for Golden Week, which is the week of April 29th. If that is the case with Attack on Titan, then the first episode will be 3 episodes behind Japan but the 2nd and beyond will only be TWO episodes behind Japan! Breaking for Memorial Day would only set it back to 3 episodes behind Japan for its last 7 episodes in June and July, also assuming the more likely lack of pre-emption on July 1.

I highly doubt they'd put Aot at the very front of the block.

We all know what happened the LAST time that happened!  >(

The only thing I worry about is the dropoff between Jack and the DB series. I think they're banking in this lifting the middle of the block a little. I'm hoping this holds Kai as well as One Punch Man did. It deserves great ratings because I can only imagine the work and money that went into making this happen. I was hoping it would go at 11:30 or 12 closer to Jack. I guess they don't want to mess with timeslots too much because it's only for 3 months and then they'd have to rearrange everything again.

Very interested seeing what they may do after Jack ends. I'm wondering if we don't get a new show after Jack, would they just eliminate 11:00 or slide up the whole block like they did last summer, eliminating 3:00 AM. We still will get at least 3 new shows when Tokyo Ghoul, Titan, and Gundam end. I'm sure 2 of them are Stardust and IBO2, but that still leaves room for one more, possibly 2 if they replace Jack with something!

Jack = 10

AoT = 12

Tokyo Ghoul = 12 (13?)

Despite last years' version of me being convinced that Toonami would only accept long-running or just long shows from now on, they continue to surprise me.

Tokyo Ghoul = 24. They've mentioned they'll be airing both seasons.

Hopefully WIT will get bigger, produce a Season 3 someday, and make it 36-39 episodes to make up for this season only being 12 episodes!

Tokyo Ghoul = 24. They've mentioned they'll be airing both seasons.

Hopefully WIT will get bigger, produce a Season 3 someday, and make it 36-39 episodes to make up for this season only being 12 episodes!

Oh right.  I knew that too.  .... why did I think they only had 12?

Oh right.  I knew that too.  .... why did I think they only had 12?

Maybe it is because the first season is 12 episodes and the second season of 12 episodes, or series if you will,  is called Tokyo Ghoul Root A and it deviates tremendously from the manga.

In addition to what Sketch said, I'd also like to point out that there was a LOT more to the Toonami fiasco in the second half of 2014 than just AoT reruns at the top slot.  I can think of a few off the top of my head:

-Loss of multiple show rights, due to both sudden loss of rights and poor communication between [as] and the Toonami crew, which led to...

-Multiple schedule changes in a short amount of time, most to accommodate departing shows and/or give shows a marathon, which destabilized the block and led to...

-Viewer confusion, due to the sudden and at times unpromoted schedule changes, which led to...

-Ratings loss, most famously seen in two areas: Hellsing Ultimate, following the Beware the Batman marathon, and Month of Movies 2014, which, despite expectations of lower ratings during the month, was still low.

So yeah, there was a lot that went on that year, so implying that it was all AoT's fault is wrong.