UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Season 2 on Toonami April 22nd!

Blatch

Yeah, if anyone's to blame for all that, it's Cartoon Network writing off Beware the Batman at the most inopportune time.

Yeah the 2014/2015 fiasco was largely a lot of bad luck. Many things that Toonami couldn't do anything about. There was also the Dish Network fiasco, the end of Bleach, brining on DBZ Kai and Inuyasha: TFA and take them off for mostly rerun movies for a whole month. By cutting the block, though, they were able to salvage what was important and rebuild from there.

Airing Beware to begin with was also an issue.

I was not a huge fan of Beware the Batman.  Or a fan at all, for that matter.

I like that Toonami wants to air western animation, and normally, a Batman show that has episodes unaired in the US would be awesome for Toonami.  But... Beware was just terrible. 

It did have its high points though, such as the fact that Kevin Conroy voiced Batman, and the Ra's Al Ghul story in the middle was quite intriguing.

However, it was a pretty bad Batman show, all in all.

I don't get why DC Animation won't do something for CN/AS other than TTGo and Justice League Action. Perhaps the JLA series will eventually get a run on Toonami. I must admit I wouldn't mind seeing that, even if it's at 3 AM.

I SUPPOSE it's also possible that the movies might eventually get "episoded" out on Toonami, once their exclusivity contracts with HBO run out?

My level of caring for Beware the Batman was so low, I didn't even bother watching it.

Loved the use of the Qemists' "Change the Way I Feel" in the initial promo, though. And also an ad for Gotham following the sudden-rights-expiration marathon promo during one ad break.

[now that's comedy]

Don't tell me you hate Rick & Morty too?

Jesus fuck Ben...

A while back I watched a couple episodes to see what all the fuss was about.  It's... not funny.  Mostly just annoying.  Definitely tries too hard, too.  But I had no reason to complain much about it until now. 

Do you know what happens, Rick & Morty?  Do you know what happens you preempt Jack and Super, all but souring my weekend and ruining ratings for Toonami?  Rick & Morty...

https://youtu.be/O_jP9lo3eFk?t=181

Paraphrased: "Not many realize that WIT is actually very small. They didn't realize AoT would be such a runaway hit and they still can't meet the demands with the resources."

You would've thought all the money made from Attack on Titan would've lead to growth and expansion for the company.  Fans aren't going to be very happy to wait so long for so few episodes.

Wow even sooner. Having the new season of Titan on Toonami just 3 weeks behind Japan is pretty insane. I hope it does well for them.

I can't help but feel they are missing a grand opportunity by not pairing up Jack and Attack on Titan premieres. DBS hasn't been holding Jack super great and I honestly think AoT could do better in that slot. Perhaps they'll shift Attack on Titan to 11pm when Jack ends but that's a bit of a jump from 12:30 and the show will only have seven episodes left at that point so I have my doubts they'll do that.

Considering the goal is to stay just 3 weeks behind Japan they shouldn't preempt Attack on Titan on Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July weekend. That may play a factor in how it is scheduled once Jack leaves and all the more reason to move it to 11pm at that point but maybe they'll bite the bullet on those nights and air some if not all of the regular line-up. It's gonna be interesting to see how that all plays out in the coming months.

I'm all about doubling up JoJo for the season finale. Tokyo Ghoul viewers are getting the shaft there but given Attack on Titan will be Ghoul's lead-in the week after, I'm sure it will be more than fine.

So does this mean for sure we aren't going right into the next season of JoJo after this one airs?  That sucks.  It would be better for viewers and ratings, and myself, if there were no break.  Annoying that it's being replaced by a show I don't even like very much, either.  Good thing AoT S2 is only 13 episodes then!

Jack's ratings are fucked now anyway.

NO!  ARBITRARY "HOLIDAY" MARATHONS SUPERSEDE ALL!

Without JoJo there won't be much left for me on the block.  I used to like most of the shows on but now it's getting fewer and fewer.  What the hell, man?!

The only thing I worry about is the dropoff between Jack and the DB series. I think they're banking in this lifting the middle of the block a little. I'm hoping this holds Kai as well as One Punch Man did. It deserves great ratings because I can only imagine the work and money that went into making this happen. I was hoping it would go at 11:30 or 12 closer to Jack. I guess they don't want to mess with timeslots too much because it's only for 3 months and then they'd have to rearrange everything again.

Very interested seeing what they may do after Jack ends. I'm wondering if we don't get a new show after Jack, would they just eliminate 11:00 or slide up the whole block like they did last summer, eliminating 3:00 AM. We still will get at least 3 new shows when Tokyo Ghoul, Titan, and Gundam end. I'm sure 2 of them are Stardust and IBO2, but that still leaves room for one more, possibly 2 if they replace Jack with something!

The last time they moved everything up, it messed with people's routines and ratings actually went down, which lead to them just moving things back.  So they'd better off simply replacing Jack with another show after it ends, if the ratings still justify it at that point.  I'm not confident they will after Rick & Morty debacle.

I think it depends on what they try with Rick & Morty, and how well AOT S2 does at 12:30. If new R&M ends up at 11 PM on Saturday nights leading-in to Toonami beginning June 3rd, that of course means Toonami begins at 11:30 with Super. But if AOT S2 absolutely kills it and gains about 5% from Kai on average at 12:30, then maybe it will move to 11 PM after Memorial Day for the next 7 or 8 weeks, and something like Blue Exorcist S2 or Gundam IBO S2 will be slotted at 12:30 instead.

But that may of course mean little more than a stay of execution for 11 PM, and with AOT S2 ending it could fade off into the sunset and give 11 PM back to [as] for the fall. But at any rate, 2017 looks to be the year of the S2's, as at the very least DB Super S2, AOT S2, and Tokyo Ghoul S2 will all be airing at the same time for a few weeks. Gundam IBO S2, Blue Exorcist S2, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure S2 are also possibilities, and guess which season Hunter x Hunter just happens to be on right now?

Just thought of something, do you guys think if Toonami doesn't run Titan on the 2 holidays, Funimation will post on schedule leaving Toonami behind? That would suck for them to potentially lose some of the audience that way !

Remember, Golden Week is a thing and it's coming up soon. AOT may take a break that week, which would mean we'd be briefly behind the Japanese broadcast by only 2 episodes, falling back to 3 after OUR "Golden Week" (Memorial Day)!

Remember, Golden Week is a thing and it's coming up soon. AOT may take a break that week, which would mean we'd be briefly behind the Japanese broadcast by only 2 episodes, falling back to 3 after OUR "Golden Week" (Memorial Day)!

That's true. I suppose that would affect Funimation's simulcast schedule. I was just concerned that they would plow ahead whether Toonami takes a break or not. They may have a broadcast deal that lets Toonami air it first before their allowed to post it though. At least if I was in Toonami's position, I'd push for that kind of deal.

Most late night anime don't actually take Golden Week off. It doesn't look like Attack on Titan will either. Golden Week starts this weekend in Japan.

Most late night anime don't actually take Golden Week off. It doesn't look like Attack on Titan will either. Golden Week starts this weekend in Japan.

Now I'm really interested in what Toonami and Funimation do about Memorial Day. If Toonami preempts, will Funimation? Is it worth it to get further behind Japan and possibly even behind the dub release? I guess all that will have to be taken into consideration. They didn't preempt Space Dandy during the 4th or Labor Day because they wanted to be the first to premere it. They even briefly moved it back to 11:30 for the one week. I think it's important to try and keep pace and not be potentially 5 weeks behind Japan and possibly 2 weeks behind Funimation (although it's possible there's a deal in place to prevent this). I guess they'll have to decide if the holiday factor outweighs the possibility of getting behind.

You didn't have to tell us this again.

And why did you like it?

You didn't have to tell us this again.

And why did you like it?

Mentioned again because it was relevant in time. I got to thinking Golden Week is usually this time of year, and maybe someone (Sketch) would have a better idea by now of if Attack on Titan was being pre-empted for it or not. Seems that it won't be.

And...unliked!  :D :it: ::spin::

Funimation is REALLY making this premiere a big deal!  They're advertising the Toonami broadcast on social media, their site, and even in their subscriber's emails, and how Bryce Papenbrook and Trina Nishimura will be live-tweeting during it!!

.... this'd be the least opportune moment for Adult Swim to pull a "Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce"!

The fact that they're pushing the Toonami broadcast leads me to believe that they'll preempt on their side if Toonami does for the holiday. On the other hand, the agreement might not allow for a preemption in order to keep pace with Japan.

Is this coming weekend a holiday?

Oh wait you're talking about Golden Week.  I assume the premiere will go on as scheduled.

I was actually talking about  Memorial Day. I was wondering if Toonami was going to preempt AOT and if they did,  would Funimation still post as scheduled leaving Toonami a week behind. Since Funimation seems to really be promoting the TV airing, I'm leaning more in the direction of that situation not being as likely. I either think they won't preempt or Funimation will have to delay their posting until Toonami airs it. Otherwise, it seems odd that Toonami would hurry Jojo out in order to start a week earlier. They really want this thing airing as close to Japan as possible.

I was actually talking about  Memorial Day. I was wondering if Toonami was going to preempt AOT and if they did,  would Funimation still post as scheduled leaving Toonami a week behind. Since Funimation seems to really be promoting the TV airing, I'm leaning more in the direction of that situation not being as likely. I either think they won't preempt or Funimation will have to delay their posting until Toonami airs it. Otherwise, it seems odd that Toonami would hurry Jojo out in order to start a week earlier. They really want this thing airing as close to Japan as possible.

FUNimation is only posting the subtitled version of the show, NOT the dub. The dub will be exclusive to [as] and Toonami for a while!

They're actually posting the dub at 10 PM EST the Sunday (next day) after Toonami airs it!

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/04/12/announcement-attack-titan-season-2-dub-joins-funimations-spring-season/

That's why I was concerned that any delay on Toonami's part would put them behind this if Funimation keeps going.

Whoa, I didn't see that coming! Do they do that with Dragon Ball Super? I've seen a massive crapton of plays of the topical commercial for the 15th episode of DBS tonight, and quite a few plays of the Samurai Jack S5E6 topical, but I haven't seen ONE play of the Attack on Titan promo, as the only mention I've seen of AOT at all was during the Toonami lineup promo which aired at the end of Samurai Jack, and I've at least been half-watching from Samurai Jack at 10 PM through the Boondocks at 12:15 AM!

But at any rate, if the show takes a break on Toonami for Memorial Day, it will probably also take a break that week on FUNimation NOW.

They're actually posting the dub at 10 PM EST the Sunday (next day) after Toonami airs it!

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/04/12/announcement-attack-titan-season-2-dub-joins-funimations-spring-season/

That's why I was concerned that any delay on Toonami's part would put them behind this if Funimation keeps going.

Nice. Not that I'll miss it on Toonami but that's great that it will be up ASAP.