UnevenEdge

every time mufasa saves simba, I really root for him to get out too

Raptorpat

been on a Lion King binge the past two weeks, particularly the "live reaction" version which is way more traumatic even if it's all CGI in the john candy valley

ANYWAYS... mufasa died again and the rescue-desperate escape-death scene always gets me down even when watching it ten times a week

• Like 1

• Raptorpat changed the title to every time mufasa saves simba, I really root for him to get out too

another thought about the [original] lion king is that I think it was the basis of my concept of aging. like simba and nala grow up, but everyone else stays the same.

so like in my mind, kids grew up and adults kind of just stayed the same. kids would grow up and eventually like 'join' the adults, and at some point adults would just like transition into old people I guess? it sounds really silly to actually say that out loud, but that's basically how the movie is animated - none of the adults age while the kids grow up.

but even though I know that's not true, it was enough of a foundational concept in my brain that it factors in when I get all "holy shit i'm watching everyone age in real time and people like my parents who weren't old are old now and people who used to be old are dead and I'm still aging even though I leveled up to 'adult' years ago and we're all just on the same conveyor belt to death".

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

another thought about the [original] lion king is that I think it was the basis of my concept of aging. like simba and nala grow up, but everyone else stays the same.

so like in my mind, kids grew up and adults kind of just stayed the same. kids would grow up and eventually like 'join' the adults, and at some point adults would just like transition into old people I guess? it sounds really silly to actually say that out loud, but that's basically how the movie is animated - none of the adults age while the kids grow up.

but even though I know that's not true, it was enough of a foundational concept in my brain that it factors in when I get all "holy shit i'm watching everyone age in real time and people like my parents who weren't old are old now and people who used to be old are dead and I'm still aging even though I leveled up to 'adult' years ago and we're all just on the same conveyor belt to death".

Wait until you start hearing dates for public projects that won’t be done before you’re dead.  That’s hitting the big time right there

oh, you’re welcome 🫠

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2024 at 10:45 PM, Raptorpat said:

existential dread is not something i expected to get from the lion king but here we are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:45 AM, Raptorpat said:

You're not yourself when you're hungry. 

• Haha 1