UnevenEdge

Ninja Kamui Episode 1: Dub & Sub Premiere Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

they were in the middle of nowhere, right? it's not like the neighbors would have heard the noise

It's a near future setting, and maybe some kind of alarm system went off or something.  Although, if the guy is trying to hide, he probably wouldn't want to have an alarm system that could potentially be hacked and traced.

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Even though it's clearly going to be bloody, I don't think it's going to be too "horror". This looks like pure ACTION.

Yeah.  This is just some really violent action.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

He hit her with the back of his hand, that looked like just a knock out hit this time, unlike how he's taking out the hunters.

yeah def didnt kill her. It's just cool how he knew she was there.

• Like 2

I really liked the subs! I wonder if they are going to continue with a late night rerun of the subs for later episodes? I hope so! I am really like this!!

well, I am beat. Gonna hit the sofa now and watch the west coast feed. Good night guys, see ya next weekend!!

LATER!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

yeah def didnt kill her. It's just cool how he knew she was there.

Yeah it was!

And with all that silence he was probably also previously listening to her on that phone the whole time too before the attack started when she was talking to her partner.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it was!

And with all that silence he was probably also previously listening to her on that phone the whole time too before the attack started when she was talking to her partner.

Definitely was listening. It's not often a show does that type of stuff. Showing something on screen and letting the viewer kind of fill in the blanks. They could have done it much more conventionally but it was way cooler this way imo.

• Like 1

So far what I've seen is a classic "sum is lesser than the parts" situation.  Production values are great, fights are good, story is the same revenge story you've seen a hundred goddamn times.  

This is going to come down to if the spectacle cam remain to keep up with the minimal substance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

the kid was oblivious, but he knew he had to wear a digital disguise???? should have trained him, too

I actually think the kid didn’t know about the disguise and they can all see each other’s real faces.

• Like 2

• Top Gun unfeatured and unpinned this topic