UnevenEdge

One Piece gets balloon for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, let’s be honest, because of the Netflix show

Jman

6 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Not pictured: Me trying to explain One Piece to my confused Boomer dad for a solid fifteen minutes before I give up and take my anger out mashing a medically inadvisable amount of potatoes.

Explaining anything remotely foreign to someone who pronounces Pokémon "Poke-ee-man" is a futile effort.

• Like 1

Usually I don’t try to give an actual explanation, I just do what Shake does when he is watching Vegetable Man with the Mooninites. “Yea, he is Vegetable Man”. “Yea, he is a rubber man”. 

4 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Explaining anything remotely foreign to someone who pronounces Pokémon "Poke-ee-man" is a futile effort.

Reminds me of my gram 25 years ago. She tried so hard to understand those Pokemans because I liked them so much but I don’t think she ever did quite figure it out. We’d always have a laugh when I was older about how I’d talk about Pokémon on and on and she didn’t understand most of what I’d be going on about. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mr. Idea Box said:

They're absolutely right that Luffy would love Thanksgiving. Which is why I can't say the same for his shipmates...

Sanji would enjoy the cooking aspect while Zoro will just drink all the wine. Usopp would probably end up having the turkey on his head. Chopper would probably mistake everyone getting tired for the food being poisoned while Robin would be reading a book about the first Thanksgiving. Franky will transform his hair to resemble a rooster, completely missing the point of his own joke and Brook will use a drumstick like a live mic while trying to dance with the turkey carcass.

Nami would be the straight laced one, but she'll probably be wearing some kind of pilgrim getup with her tits hanging out.

• Haha 3

On 11/23/2023 at 9:27 AM, Jman said:

The Luffy balloon’s hat got ripped, but since the hat and main body are separate, he’s still marching along.

Fitting metaphor for the franchise in the US.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2023-11-23/luffy-thanksgiving-day-parade-debut-meets-disaster/.204766

I saw this post.  Luffy's hat brim deflated but the rest of him made it. 😄

I DVR'd the parade but some of the feeds I was late on.  I gotta check to see if it caught this haha.