UnevenEdge

Missing f-35

nameraka

31 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

Sept. 18, 2023, 4:46 AM EDT / Updated

The jet was left in autopilot mode when the pilot ejected from the aircraft, so there’s a possibility it could still be airborne, Jeremy Huggins, a spokesman at Joint Base Charleston, told NBC News over the phone.

So you're saying there's a chance.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

housekeeping a sidebar, because bottom line is disco is right

i'm fully aware but I did  is wrong  @Raptorpat   I did not have a good day and and I'm just being an asshole.  That does does not give my reason to be an asshole or be ableist with something I complain about which I was. @discolé monade  thank you for calling me out

Edited by ghostrek

1 minute ago, ghostrek said:

i'm fully aware but I did  is wrong

i'm sure the marine will have some things to go through. 

they'll have to get a medical check, (he survived, so he's lucky, not so many are, and suffer severe injuries, if not death)

then they'll have to go through a series of  psych evails,  and the investigation. 

the fact that 'mishap' was in the story, tells me that the pilot more that likely went through g-loc. and freaked, because the plane was left on auto-pilot. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i'm sure the marine will have some things to go through. 

they'll have to get a medical check, (he survived, so he's lucky, not so many are, and suffer severe injuries, if not death)

then they'll have to go through a series of  psych evails,  and the investigation. 

the fact that 'mishap' was in the story, tells me that the pilot more that likely went through g-loc. and freaked, because the plane was left on auto-pilot. 

Wait you can doAerobatic/ dog fighting maneuvers on autopilot now ?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Wait you can doAerobatic/ dog fighting maneuvers on autopilot now ?

You don't have to be doing aerobatics or aggressive flight maneuvers to experience g-force loss-of-conciousness.  There are instances where auto-pilot has over corrected, causing the plane to pitch up or down at extreme angles.

2 hours ago, viperxmns said:

How much fuel does this thing have

but like are they stupid for not having some method built in of guiding the plane remotely or do they not have a system in place for other security reasons

In all honesty, I'm guessing that there is no way to add any sort of remote control option to their planes because someone would figure out how to hack into it. 

And forget Russia. How would you like for that one kid that lost his mind because his mom deleted his Warcraft account to decide to screw around and hack a fighter jet to shoot the mom-mobile? 

• Thanks 1