UnevenEdge

[witty impeachment title]

Master-Debater131

This isnt a surprise. I said back during the Trump impeachments that it set the stage for an impeachment every single time the opposition party controls the House, and thats exactly whats happening here. I expect the exact same thing to happen the very next time a Republican is in the WH and Dems control the House.

• Haha 1

The Republicans' attempt to impeach Biden has no basis in fact. It won't even succeed among House Republicans. If the House votes on it, it will fail because some Republicans will vote against impeaching Biden. 

Trump was a ridiculous criminal, on the other hand, and deserved both of his impeachments. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:
This isnt a surprise. I said back during the Trump impeachments that it set the stage for an impeachment every single time the opposition party controls the House, and thats exactly whats happening here. I expect the exact same thing to happen the very next time a Republican is in the WH and Dems control the House.

And it was dumb when you said that back then.

Look, whether you agree or not, Democrats and Republicans are not the same.  Perhaps at a fundamental level any political party is going to represent a well connected minority, but how they go about is as important as what they stand for.  In this hyper-polarized environment, Republicans have used the implements of governance to justify their preconceived notions and Democrats have used them to diffuse them.  Suggesting that the Democrats are somehow responsible for opening the door to future unjustified impeachments is an example of Republicans framing Democratic action in Republican terms and its a logical fallacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

McCarthy is just desperate to keep the job that took 15 frickin' votes to get. 

If republicans were anywhere near the 'law-n-order' type they keep claiming to be, they would have launched impeachment proceedings themselves on Drumpf and his entire family of grifters that were actively part of the WH. Instead you have someone like MTG put on the national security committee, Gaetz still running around despite his sex trafficking issues, Santos still very much in office despite literally no one wanting him, don't get me started on Cruz, a known child abuser [ everyone sees you, Jordan, you scab-eater ], at least one walking corpse that's totally okay even though anyone on the 'other' side acting the same way would be lambasted for wasting space, and everyone still defending someone who is finally starting to be held accountable for all the things they happily did because they thought they'd have a get-out-of-jail-free card in their pocket. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I'm not sure what your endgame is with the whole "Trump is obviously guilty of a billion things but Democrats were entirely politically motivated, and Republican retaliation is just a part of the normal process" schtick.

It is pretty lame, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Also lol

Joe Biden has a literal Trump card to play against the House’s new impeachment inquiry.

In January 2020, the Donald Trump-led Justice Department formally declared that impeachment inquiries by the House are invalid unless the chamber takes formal votes to authorize them.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/12/trump-doj-assist-biden-impeachment-probe-00115393

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I'm not sure what your endgame is with the whole "Trump is obviously guilty of a billion things but Democrats were entirely politically motivated, and Republican retaliation is just a part of the normal process" schtick.

It is pretty lame, though.

It's similar to the criminal prosecution line: since you indicted Trump, we're going to indict you when we get power. 

Uh, no you're not because I didn't do anything. Good luck convincing a grand jury. 

If anyone is actually scared of that non-credible threat, stop being such an idiot. 

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's check in to see how this is going.

Turley is the House GOP's star witness. He's a tenured law professor who does a lot of news media appearances and he's favored among conservatives and Republicans. 

This is what the House is doing days before a possible government shutdown. 

• Haha 3

Republicans: ECONOMY! We're the only ones concerned about this in the history of ever! You need to vote for us so we can keep things moving!

Also republicans: Government shutdown affecting millions, potentially tossing any number of people in financial chaos due to forced work without pay? Not important! We need to have an impeachment inquiry into the President whose son has never worked in the WH ever first. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2023 at 11:15 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

I love how bribing a foreign leader with federal dollars/supplies already approved by congress to have them make up stuff about your political opponent is apparently equitable to baseless political revenge.  I also love how trying to overthrow the government is apparently equitable to political revenge.  You do realize that before the Ukraine bribery thing the house voted on impeachment inquiries multiple times and failed?  Meaning  that your prediction was predicated on a hilariously inaccurate assumption?  

The only way that Democrats would impeach the next Republican president while they are in the majority is if there is credible evidence they commited a crime, and that's only a real possibility if the petulant man baby cult leader is put back in office.

• Like 3