UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Final Challenge: I’m the Captain Now

Game Master

First off, my sincerest appreciation to the four who competed the last round.  Molar, T_A_O, Vela, and Disco all put together superb submissions and all of you deserve recognition for sticking with us this long.  Three of you will now get to move on to the final round:  @The_annoying_one (2+0), @Vela (4+1), and @discolé monade (5+1).

You three challengers helped discover the villain, elect a puppet politician, created a holiday, put on a celebration, and foiled a plot to ruin the fun.  You have done it all, and like Charlie, you’ve made it to the end of the chocolate factory tour (minus the rampant anti-semitism of course).  Now, one of you will succeed at taking the Game Master’s corner office.

The challenge for you select few is to dethrone that arrogant puzzler with your own unmatched knowledge of the ASMB and the UEMB.  Each of you must come up with two challenges:  a team challenge and an individual challenge.  The challenges must include:

1. An [adult swim] or Toonami show’s character or setting (at least one).
  2. An ASMB or UEMB personality.
  3. Any task that can be completed without any professional software (Photoshop or Illustrator for instance), purchased items (like a subscription service), or specialized knowledge (coding with a specific computer language as an example).

If there is a tie at the end, the Game Master will select a trivia question about the UEMB to determine the winner.  You have one week to complete this challenge, so your submissions are due next Saturday 08/12/23 at 11:59:59 pm  EDT.  I will lock the thread at that time, so no exceptions.  If your submission is incomplete, I’ll contact you to correct it before voting begins.

Also, in case winning the title of ASMB Survivor and dethroning me isn’t enough, the winning will be getting a personalized Yeti Rambler Tumbler.

Good Luck!

Edited by Game Master
  • Thanks 2

oof. 

i think you may have 'caught the 'tator' , with this one, GM

usually, i have SOMETHING that comes to mind instantly, upon reading the challenge, 

but....not this one. 

yikes. 

and a couple of questions. 

do we just come up with the challenge? or do we need to script it out, like we did for the challenges? pt 3 of this challenges makes it seem like we need to come up with the whole story line as well.

Edited by discolé monade

No storyline or any of that.  Ideally you want to follow my basic structure:  one paragraph is a prompt and one paragraph explains the rules.  You do not need to set time limits or elimination parameters but you’re free to do either of it helps.  Obviously, I had help coming up with ideas for these challenges, but you can use both my challenges and Buddy’s challenges as a starting point for your own when it comes to structuring each challenge (I.e making a game a scavenger hunt or story time).

Or, more simply, just do what I or Buddy did.  Hope that helps a little bit.

• Thanks 3

@Game Master Soooooo...I gather that the challenge has to be something that the human, non-super powered, general public can do in the real world?  Like the challenge can't be hunting Hollows, collecting shards of the shikon jewel or killing everyone in The Seven...for example.

Edited by Vela
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i think it's #3 rule that's throwing me off. what does this mean? do we need to put that in the challenge? because if we're not writing the story. 

i'm not elevated (and that may be the problem) but tell me more about #3 rule. 

I knew I shouldn't have looked at the challenge quite yet, I said to myself I said "no distractions, it's just going to be in the back of your mind when you were so focused before." :S 😅

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

#3 means he is imposing the actual limitations he had coming up with game challenges (to make them accessible to anyone) on the finale contestants for their fake challenge submissions.

17 hours ago, discolé monade said:

um. ok. i think i get it.

Another way to put it:  make the challenge so that anyone can complete it if they can access this site.

I know it’s strange sounding, but it comes out of a complaint from some people that I made challenges too hard for them because they involved skills that seem second nature to me but aren’t.

5 hours ago, Vela said:

@Game Master Soooooo...I gather that the challenge has to be something that the human, non-super powered, general public can do in the real world?  Like the challenge can't be hunting Hollows, collecting shards of the shikon jewel or killing everyone in The Seven...for example.

Well, that too.  Asking people to create videos or edit memes might involve skills that you have but others do not.  If you recall, there were some people who thought coming up with a story involving Spike and an ASMBer was too difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vela said:

I knew I shouldn't have looked at the challenge quite yet, I said to myself I said "no distractions, it's just going to be in the back of your mind when you were so focused before." :S 😅

yeah...i read too much into #3. lordt. 

i have challenges. now to come up with wording. 

good luck @Vela, @The_annoyed_one

• Like 4

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Another way to put it:  make the challenge so that anyone can complete it if they can access this site.

I know it’s strange sounding, but it comes out of a complaint from some people that I made challenges too hard for them because they involved skills that seem second nature to me but aren’t.

Soooo, this is a punishment then :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh: got it got it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vela said:

Soooo, this is a punishment then :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh: got it got it.

It's not like I expected it to be easy, but I still encountered problems that I didn't expect.  The prompts ended up being way more open ended than I was intending just because I wanted to bridge the gap between players that were going all-out and players that didn't feel like they had the skill to compete.  In theory, it's nice to give people more freedom to approach a challenge as they see fit; in practice its nearly impossible to grade submissions as peers.

• Like 1

TEAM CHALLENGE

As you settle in for the night,  you start to reminisce about days, long ago. It’s been 20 years;  you remember when you and your [asmb] pals would talk for HOURS on AIM  ; ]  about all the great shows the [as] lineup had. Suddenly, you jolt up! You hit the computer, and make your way to the “[asmb] 20th reunion” folder. The gang is all here! (your team) You send out your SOS, and share your plan!!

Challenge: compose a story that tells of how your team will  find a way to slip away from the Williams St. Studio tour, hack into the computer main frame,  and change the streaming lineup, to the 2003 lineup. (think Ocean’s Eleven, or ‘3000 miles to Graceland’ ), before the end of the tour, and not get caught. (Disguises are highly recommended)

1.  You can change up to the entire week’s  lineup, and you must use the 2003 [as] available shows. But the additions must be subtle enough as to not draw too much attention. (example: Monday-current show, current show, 2003 show, CS, CS, 2003.)  

2.  You may use any current, or past [as] personality (Eric A., Tim or Eric, Dr. Steve Brule…anyone) to run interference, or to place blame. 

3.  If you actually know how to hack mainframes; don’t do this for real. Bonus point, if your lineup can show some sort of theme. (i.e. robots, or witches, etc. )

SOLO CHALLENGE

You and your team were successful, maybe a little TOO successful, Mr. X, an unknown majority stockholder of Williams St. Studios, wants YOU to come up with a pilot show, about your shenanigans of breaking into Williams St. Studios. The stipulation is that you must find at least “4” items:

(1)  a catchy theme song, [you must come up with an intro song-bonus points if you record song and post]

(2) cast an anime  character OR live action character to play  you, and each of your team members, 

(3) create a press release ‘meme’, 

(“4”) find the exact correct time slot for your last challenge’s lineup. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 8/5/2023 at 11:32 PM, The_annoying_one said:

Good luck, everyone! Especially myself, because it’ll probably take me at least half the week to formulate some kind of idea for all of this, leaving me with very little time to put it together. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Good luck.  I'll be cheering for you and Vela.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Thank you. I’ll be cheering for Vela more than myself, on the simple grounds that she deserves it more, I think.

You're welcome.  I'm still not sure who I'll be voting for between you and Vela.

I was planning to vote for you but if Vela is close to winning, I'll probably vote for her.

Either way I'm cheering both of you on from the sidelines.

Edited by blueraven1999

4 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

You're welcome.  I'm still not sure who I'll be voting for between you and Vela.

I was planning to vote for you but if Vela is close to winning, I'll probably vote for her.

Either way I'm cheering both of you on from the sidelines.

You may have to vote for Vela. She and Disco are probably almost done with their work, whereas I haven’t even started yet. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

You may have to vote for Vela. She and Disco are probably almost done with their work, whereas I haven’t even started yet. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

That's fine.  Also I don't blame you for not getting started yet.  I'm a good procrastinator myself (:

Edit:  Also you have until the end of the week so there's still a lot of time left.

Edited by blueraven1999
I thought of one more thing to say
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

So….I’ve been working on this for the past few hours and come up with basically a whole book for the first challenge part alone.

Then, I see where @scoobdog says each part only needs to be roughly a paragraph. Uh…..amidoinitwrong?? :shock:

Simpler is better.  Remember:  you’re trying to prompt someone to create something amazing.

• Thanks 1

TEAM CHALLENGE

Your efforts to elect [classic_swim] as commissioner were unfortunately unsuccessful. Feeling somewhat defeated, you decide to crawl into bed. But first, you decide to check for any updates in the UEMB. You log in, and instantly see a PM from a somehow-unnamed user.

"Attention, Team! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have determined that our current elected official is unfit for duty. He is, however, refusing to step down. That's where you come in. You must find a way to have him removed from office (legally) and have [classic_swim] elected in his place. You may do this however you see fit.

However, there are ground rules that you must follow.

1.) This is not a smear campaign. You are trying to remove someone from office, but you must not present damaging evidence against this official.

2.) You may use outside help, if needed. Any UEMBer or [as] star willing to help you, as long as you do the majority of the work.

3.) How you achieve this goal is entirely up to you. Write a lengthy letter to the higher-ups, make memes proving his inability to lead effectively, post a short video of unnamed sources who have the evidence you need. Full anonymity must be promised to those featured in these videos.

SOLO CHALLENGE

Your plan to shift the balance of power was an astounding success. Exhausted, you crawl into bed and turn on the TV.

The breaking news story immediately catches your attention. "[classic_swim] looking for someone to run as co-commissioner alongside him."

Your mind starts racing. You know you have what it takes to earn your rightful place in office. You do wonder how your teammates will react to this, but you know they'll support you all the way. That's just the kind of bond you have.

1.) Make your case for being elected co-commissioner.

2.) Tell a short story, make memes, gifs, or videos.

3.) You may use endorsements from any UEMB member or [as] character you choose.

4.) You may campaign all over the UEMB, but do it respectfully. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Seriously thank you! Both things sent so far really spoke to the heart. I can tell Survivor will end with the bang that it deserves.

Thanks for saying that. At this point, I really don’t care if I win or lose. It’s just cool to represent the UEMB in whatever small way I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1