UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Final Challenge: I’m the Captain Now

Game Master

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

I really hope she does submit something in time. If I’m gonna have any chance of winning, I’d rather it be against all challengers.

She might renege just so you could have a shot....it's like she sold her hair to buy you a wig and you sold your bald to buy her a comb....

🤔

I don't think that's quite how that works but you get what I'm saying, right.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

She might renege just so you could have a shot....it's like she sold her hair to buy you a wig and you sold your bald to buy her a comb....

🤔

I don't think that's quite how that works but you get what I'm saying, right.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think she’d do that, as much as it sounds like something she and I would probably do. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Nah, she wants this win just as bad as I do, I think/hope.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I really hope she does submit something in time. If I’m gonna have any chance of winning, I’d rather it be against all challengers.

I like your confidence.  I think your challenges stack up very well against Disco's submission, which is itself phenomenal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I like your confidence.  I think your challenges stack up very well against Disco's submission, which is itself phenomenal.

Considering that I went from not understanding the challenge at all to finally getting it and submitting something pretty decent, yeah, I’m confident. I’m also very much aware that Disco and Vela have blown everyone else away in these solo challenges, so there’s that. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1

TEAM CHALLENGE
As it turns out, Packard was not happy that the 96 Hours of Packard lost to Banana Stickers Day and has vowed to go on a porkchop toasting spree. Your mission as a team is to devise a plan to stop him.

1. Draw up blueprints to any elaborate traps you may conceive of.  (can be a description, pic of a hand drawing, there's a free website called sketch.io with no downloading required, pick one form that your entire team is comfortable with.)
2. Put the word out using any of the following: Flyers, mass email, social media, and even YouTube. Please be sure to include any [adult swim] or UEMB personality of your choice.
3. Lure Packard to said trap or traps. Please be sure to capture him ALIVE! Anything that results in Packard's death will disqualify your team.
4. ??????????????
5. PROFIT!

INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE

Brought together by their love of SCIENCE! three deranged researchers who go by the names Insipid, atomicinumatt, and Lasty have been conducting experiments involving splicing and dielectric media.  Lured in by the promise of an indestructible Jeep that never needs suspension realignment, never experiences pinion seal or transfer box or A-pillar leakage, shifter cable never bushes, and whose throttle position sensor never fails, Rogue_Alphonse replied to their ad to be a test subject.  The result?:  he gained the superhuman ability to control photon energies (i.e. he can scramble radio waves all up and down the electromagnetic spectrum.  But don’t worry - he uses it mostly to spam your devices with endless walls of emoji.  But I mean, with his level of photonic energy you might as well just throw your device away and start over.)

THE CHALLENGE:  Space Ghost has caught wind of the new superhero on the rise.  Rogue has been called in for an interview. 

1. Come up with a quick sketch episode/interview showcasing rogues' new powers (what all he’s capable of and how he might use them.)

2. All questions must be in the form of a question.

3. Keep it classy.  There may be children listening. Any questions that result in the fictitious death of something (pets, persons) will be disqualified.

(extra points assigned for those who can get rogue to actually answer your questions himself.  You can mix up your fabricated answers with his actual answers and we can try to guess which ones are his.  BWAHAHAHA think of the PMs he'll get.)

Edited by Vela
wow, I really wanted to type "rouge", like a lot.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vela said:

@The_annoying_one I enjoyed the plot twist in your submission, btw.

Well, thank you. It’s weird how this whole challenge was a complete roadblock for days, but I still managed to think up and type out my entire submission in about an hour, once I finally got my bearings.

That either says something about my creativity, or it’ll be my spectacular downfall. We shall see. 😂

Edited by The_annoying_one
Left out a word. I hate that.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Well, thank you. It’s weird how this whole challenge was a complete roadblock for days, but I still managed to think up and type out my entire submission in about an hour, once I finally my bearings.

That either says something about my creativity, or it’ll be my spectacular downfall. We shall see. 😂

I think it speaks for creativity.  Both you and disco are miles ahead of me in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

I think it speaks for creativity.  Both you and disco are miles ahead of me in that respect.

I’m afraid I must respectfully but vehemently disagree with you there. I can’t speak for Disco, but you have proven time and time again that you are way more creative than I am. She has, too, for that matter.

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m afraid I must respectfully but vehemently disagree with you there. I can’t speak for Disco, but you have proven time and time again that you are way more creative than I am. She has, too, for that matter.

Yeah, disco and Vela are a hell of a lot more creative than I am as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Nah, imma disagree right back atcha.  Because you two are quick on the uptake.  Where as in I labor over every single detail so much so that I can't even get a rough draft going.  The way I look at it is if I were quicker like the two of you are then I'd have more to work with.  The only things that come easily to me are visuals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Nah, imma disagree right back atcha.  Because you two are quick on the uptake.  Where as in I labor over every single detail so much so that I can't even get a rough draft going.  The way I look at it is if I were quicker like the two of you are then I'd have more to work with.  The only things that come easily to me are visuals.

I disagree with your disagreement! You may be slower to submit than we are, but that’s only because you are very meticulous in your work, making sure that what you present is as good as it possibly can be. I, on the other hand, have a tendency to throw together whatever half-assed shit I come up with and hope for the best.

• Haha 1

shh shh shh....you have an excellent submission. and that's all you'll get from me. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I disagree with your disagreement! You may be slower to submit than we are, but that’s only because you are very meticulous in your work, making sure that what you present is as good as it possibly can be. I, on the other hand, have a tendency to throw together whatever half-assed shit I come up with and hope for the best.

Well I disagree with your counter disagreement because...

No-let GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

Side note:  I sort of want to tag the "three demented researchers" and see if ANY of my science-y terms make sense :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileyLaugh: Cause I have absolutely no clue wtf I was talking about... ... it sounded alright in my head though :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

*spoiler* derail moment. 

REAL QUICK! watch 'geography of bliss' with rainn wilson. it is an amazing journey. 

ok... back to our regularly scheduled program.

I'll have to watch it another time. I'm currently playing Genshin Impact. But thanks for the suggestion.

Vela: It sounded fine to me. Then again, I'm not a scientist. lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

*spoiler* derail moment. 

REAL QUICK! watch 'geography of bliss' with rainn wilson. it is an amazing journey. 

ok... back to our regularly scheduled program.

Oo! It's on amazon!  Is the Laurelsilva forest "The Enchanted Forest" in Madeira one of the places?  Just curious. 

9 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oo! It's on amazon!  Is the Laurelsilva forest "The Enchanted Forest" in Madeira one of the places?  Just curious. 

no portugal this trip

iceland, bulgaria, ghana, thailand, and u.s. (l.a. his home)

it was more a journey of self discovery, and what exactly is happiness. (to self)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

no portugal this trip

iceland, bulgaria, ghana, thailand, and u.s. (l.a. his home)

it was more a journey of self discovery, and what exactly is happiness. (to self)

ahhh very cool.

• Like 1

Speaking of

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

giphy.gif 

I was wrong.  It isn't available on prime.  I googled too quickly.  It's only available on peacock?  I'll look further into it because I like rainn wilson and glimpses of cool places.

• Like 1

@scoobdog

Before/if this gets locked again I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the work you put into this.  We complained about almost every challenge, nobody talked about how you also had your own challenge for each one of ours.  I never took for granted the time and thought you put into them.  You too buddy.  So, thank you guys for putting these together.  Thanks scoob! :D

Edited by Vela
board's being weird again and double posting mah posts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Before/if this gets locked again I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the work you put into this.  We complained about almost every challenge, nobody talked about how you also had your own challenge for each one of ours.  I never took for granted the time and thought you put into them.  You too buddy.  So, thank you guys for putting these together.  Thanks scoob! :D

I second this 100%. I feel like I maybe complained a little too much about the difficulty of some of these challenges, but that was more of a “me” thing. As hard as this game was, it was also a hell of a lot of fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I second this 100%. I feel like I maybe complained a little too much about the difficulty of some of these challenges, but that was more of a “me” thing. As hard as this game was, it was also a hell of a lot of fun.

Thank you for saying this because I don't know if it needed to be pointed out but just in case, he should know, most of everybody's complaints were very likely "me" things xD 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vela said:

Thank you for saying this because I don't know if it needed to be pointed out but just in case, he should know, most of everybody's complaints were very likely "me" things xD 

I just felt like I needed to clarify some things. If I ever seemed angry at anyone/anything, I actually wasn’t. I was just overwhelmed because my brain likes to over read everything and make it into something it’s not. That’s why I had so many difficulties. Once it clicked that I was going about things entirely wrong, I was able to correct myself and figure it out pretty easily. Like I said, clearly a “me” problem. 😂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Agreed. I just wish I had been able to keep going after the last team challenge. I really wanted to see how far I would've actually gone.

Oh, well. There's always next time. Still, awesome job, scoob!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Agreed. I just wish I had been able to keep going after the last team challenge. I really wanted to see how far I would've actually gone.

Oh, well. There's always next time. Still, awesome job, scoob!

I firmly believe that if you were able to stick around, you would be competing in this final round instead of me. I’m not saying that to insult myself. It’s just that you and Vela were clearly the brains behind our team. I contributed as much as I could, but not nearly as much as the two of you. That’s my opinion, anyway. You may disagree with me, but you won’t change my mind. 😛

• Thanks 1