UnevenEdge

ASMB Survivor, The Final Challenge: I’m the Captain Now

Game Master

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

I firmly believe that if you were able to stick around, you would be competing in this final round instead of me. I’m not saying that to insult myself. It’s just that you and Vela were clearly the brains behind our team. I contributed as much as I could, but not nearly as much as the two of you. That’s my opinion, anyway. You may disagree with me, but you won’t change my mind. 😛

I think it would've been a coin toss, to be honest. You have a great final submission. I mean sure, I probably would've come up with something just as good, but it would have to have been original while still related to the game itself. (I don't know if that makes any sense. lol) So I most likely would've had at least some trouble coming up with something.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I think it would've been a coin toss, to be honest. You have a great final submission. I mean sure, I probably would've come up with something just as good, but it would have to have been original while still related to the game itself. (I don't know if that makes any sense. lol) So I most likely would've had at least some trouble coming up with something.

Thanks, man. I know you would’ve come up with something great. And believe me when I tell you that my submission didn’t come easy. I mean, the general idea behind it was there right from the start. But the wording and ultimate conclusions to each challenge? Let’s just say I reworked them multiple times over in my mind before I finally got it as right as I could.

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Thanks, man. I know you would’ve come up with something great. And believe me when I tell you that my submission didn’t come easy. I mean, the general idea behind it was there right from the start. But the wording and ultimate conclusions to each challenge? Let’s just say I reworked them multiple times over in my mind before I finally got it as right as I could.

Understood. Well, for what it's worth, if Vela hadn't made it to the final round, you'd definitely be getting my vote. (But she did, and since she's my ride or die, well, you know...)

Edited by Gemini
I hate the phrase "ride or die" with the passion that burns like a thousand suns...or something like that.
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I just felt like I needed to clarify some things. If I ever seemed angry at anyone/anything, I actually wasn’t. I was just overwhelmed because my brain likes to over read everything and make it into something it’s not. That’s why I had so many difficulties. Once it clicked that I was going about things entirely wrong, I was able to correct myself and figure it out pretty easily. Like I said, clearly a “me” problem. 😂

xD I know exactly what you mean.  Once individual challenges started my dumb anxiety skyrocketed into panic mode and I started regretting ever participating xD I was like, "maybe if I fall off the face of the earth they'll forget I ever existed and just move on" :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Like these challenges were some giant insurmountable hurdle and not just a bunch of weebs kicking it around for fun :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Our brains are fucken weird!  I was legitimately in fear of winning, how does that make any sense?  WHY?!  Why would you enter a contest if your worst nightmare is winning!!!!!1111oneoneone  And it happened EVERY challenge.

My point is, me too and...:LithiumSmileyIndifferent: getting over yourself is such a bitch.

:P

Edited by Vela
I should've said I was legitimately afraid of winning as I was simultaneously afraid of sucking ass. That's anxiety.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Understood. Well, for what it's worth, if Vela hadn't made it to the final round, you'd definitely be getting my vote. (But she did, and since she's my ride or die, well, you know...)

I know. I’ve definitely noticed that you vote for her every time, and I’m perfectly okay with that. I’ll accept whatever votes I do get. And if I get none, or not enough to win, so be it. At least I gave it my best shot.

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

xD I know exactly what you mean.  Once individual challenges started my dumb anxiety skyrocketed into panic mode and I started regretting ever participating xD I was like, "maybe if I fall off the face of the earth they'll forget I ever existed and just move on" :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Like these challenges were some giant insurmountable hurdle and not just a bunch of weebs kicking it around for fun :LithiumSmileyLaugh: Our brains are fucken weird!  I was legitimately in fear of winning, how does that make any sense?  WHY?!  Why would you enter a contest if your worst nightmare is winning!!!!!1111oneoneone  And it happened EVERY challenge.

My point is, me too and...:LithiumSmileyIndifferent: getting over yourself is such a bitch.

:P

Once again, you have explained my feelings absolutely perfectly. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: This whole thing did feel sort of “end all, be all”, if that makes sense.

There’s also the fact that, if I win, I’ll have to give someone my contact info to receive my prize. And while part of my brain knows that it’s safe and my info won’t be passed around willy-nilly, there is still a part of me that’s kinda…well…

IMG_3472.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

Gemini is very much the Idea Guy.

Everybody in our team contributed to our team projects. It wasn't just you or me. We all did some heavy lifting.

Still, I greatly appreciate the compliment.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Once again, you have explained my feelings absolutely perfectly. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: This whole thing did feel sort of “end all, be all”, if that makes sense.

There’s also the fact that, if I win, I’ll have to give someone my contact info to receive my prize. And while part of my brain knows that it’s safe and my info won’t be passed around willy-nilly, there is still a part of me that’s kinda…well…

IMG_3472.gif

I reacted with a smilelaugh emoji because I had the same exact thought when scoob mentioned the prize. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: It's not the fear I was talking about earlier but it was definitely one of my thoughts too, only because I've never needed to utilize any of the many types of mailing options out there other than the traditional.

I think it would depend on which delivery services the company scoob is ordering from uses?

Like I know UPS has what are called Access Points where you can pick up packages from places like CVS or...gas stations...or retail stores.  Again, I've never done it myself, :$ but I'm pretty sure you make an account with UPS, pick a location before the package is sent and then they notify you when it arrives.  You can google "UPS Access Points near Me," but make sure it's an access point and not something like a Drop Box, I think those are different.  However this is just UPS, Idk anything about Fed Ex etc.

I looked up some stuff just now.  There's a package receiving service called Bounce.  There is a fee but you can do a one time thing (for like 5 bucks) or set up an account if you plan to use it regularly. (I'm laughing at myself right now because, to people who do this crap regularly, we probably sound like scared children venturing into an unfamiliar dark cave that turns out to be just some playground structure :LithiumSmileyLaugh:)  Anyway, Bounce sounds good because they work with a bunch of delivery companies, so you're not limited to UPS etc.  I think they even do amazon.  Okay, lol, looks like they pick up from anywhere, so if scoob for some reason wanted to drop it off at the fricken post office Bounce would pick up from there and deliver it to a Bounce location that you've chosen.  I think that's probably what I would opt for.  Unless anybody here knows of a better option.  Which can all be discussed if/when the time comes :D  

ttldr: you don't have to divulge your address.  There are other options.

Edited by Vela
  • Thanks 1

As much as I hate the idea of giving out my info, having to go physically pick up the package myself sounds even worse. Yes, I realize how ridiculous I sound here. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: But I don’t care. My quirks are my own. 
Also, it may be too early to even worry about this. Last I checked, I’m not winning, and I don’t see that changing in the near future. :shock::Laugh:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

As much as I hate the idea of giving out my info, having to go physically pick up the package myself sounds even worse. Yes, I realize how ridiculous I sound here. :LithiumSmileyLaugh: But I don’t care. My quirks are my own. 
Also, it may be too early to even worry about this. Last I checked, I’m not winning, and I don’t see that changing in the near future. :shock::Laugh:

Now I want a Tshirt that says "Own your quirks."

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gemini said:

You walk up to the winner's house with prize in hand and a bunch of balloons.

Tao just contemplated burning his new laptop and dropping his phone in a bucket of dirty mop-water just as a precaution :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

@The_annoying_one it's okay, everything's okay. Nobody's coming to your house.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Tao just contemplated burning his new laptop and dropping his phone in a bucket of dirty mop-water just as a precaution :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

@The_annoying_one it's okay, everything's okay. Nobody's coming to your house.

I mean, if someone wants to come to my house and drop off a prize, I might be okay with that. They can leave it on my porch and I’ll pick it up about 20 minutes after they leave. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I mean, if someone wants to come to my house and drop off a prize, I might be okay with that. They can leave it on my porch and I’ll pick it up about 20 minutes after they leave. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

This got me lost imagining that Truman (in The Truman Show) had a brother who decided to stay inside the fourth wall, totally content.  As long as he didn't have to interact with the viewers he would be totally fine with his life being a slightly different game than he originally thought it was.:LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 2

Just now, Vela said:

This got me lost imagining that Truman (in The Truman Show) had a brother who decided to stay inside the fourth wall, totally content.  As long as he didn't have to interact with the viewers he would be totally fine with his life being a slightly different game than he originally thought it was.:LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Oh, that could've been a good idea for a sequel. That is, if Paramount Pictures had wanted them to make a sequel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

I haven’t seen that movie in a long time. I’ll have to see if it’s on Netflix. Tomorrow, though. I don’t really feel like watching anything tonight. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

I haven’t seen that movie in a long time. I’ll have to see if it’s on Netflix. Tomorrow, though. I don’t really feel like watching anything tonight. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I'm procrastinating myself.  I told my family that I'd go down for the week and visit...I hate packing :distraught:

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Vela said:

I'm procrastinating myself.  I told my family that I'd go down for the week and visit...I hate packing :distraught:

I also procrastinate. A lot. I always end up waiting until around right now to do my tasts for my sim basketball league. (And yet, I always end up cranking out pretty good stuff because the boards for the league is pretty much dedicated to roleplaying as the players we make while they're active. lol)

Edited by Gemini
Hey, I had a brain fart. I better use some brain fart spray. lol
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You wouldn’t say that if Gemini showed up with balloons…

”Yes, yes.  We’re friends.  NOW GO AWAY!”

You’re probably right. I’ve always had a kind of balloon phobia. I think I’m mildly allergic to them…

FINE! I’M LEAVING! I’m gonna go watch myself win in silence. I don’t need anybody else!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I mean, it wasn’t a bomb if you were telling Vela and TAO they’re being pansies.

And they know me well enough to know I wasn't saying such a thing. Quit trying to start shit. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

And they know me well enough to know I wasn't saying such a thing. Quit trying to start shit. lol

I’m glad ‘cause I have no idea where that joke was going.  TAO says “Hey guys, this whole prize showing up at my door kind of freaks me out.”  Vela says “Yeah, TAO that kind of gave me fits of nervous laughter.”  I say “Huh, I didn’t really expect this…” You say “Nah, Bro, you should just show up at their door because that would be fucking amazing.”

Meanwhile, Disco is all “Just drop it off at my place.  I’ll even give you cobbler.”

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I’m glad ‘cause I have no idea where that joke was going.  TAO says “Hey guys, this whole prize showing up at my door kind of freaks me out.”  Vela says “Yeah, TAO that kind of gave me fits of nervous laughter.”  I say “Huh, I didn’t really expect this…” You say “Nah, Bro, you should just show up at their door because that would be fucking amazing.”

Meanwhile, Disco is all “Just drop it off at my place.  I’ll even give you cobbler.”

You just go right ahead and make fun of my anxiety and introversion. I…. I can take it….

IMG_3486.gif

Edited by The_annoying_one
My gif didn’t gif…
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Fair. lol

2 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Doom’s been on UE longer than I have.

897B7448-663A-480B-B470-4185A53FAC8F.thumb.jpeg.e7bb1a169d3f35558250b4ec56a2e727.jpeg

I’m just me, man. :indifferentsmile:

:RoboSurprise::RoboTeeth: I love everything about this picture.  Dubious but proud expression, perfect mac&cheese casserole, glasses over helm, baby-appendage...Idk what's in the bowl in the corner but I want it to be a halved coconut (shh don't ruin it for me).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I have to get up early tomorrow and make at least one phone call. I’m dreading that immensely. :distraught:

omg phone calls.  I usually sound like a crazy person when I have to make phone calls.  I basically have to convince myself that I'm someone else for it to have a favorable outcome.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

omg phone calls.  I usually sound like a crazy person when I have to make phone calls.  I basically have to convince myself that I'm someone else for it to have a favorable outcome.

The good news is, the people I was trying to call never answered the phone. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

The bad news is, the people I was trying to call never answered the phone. It was kinda really important. :distraught:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

The good news is, the people I was trying to call never answered the phone. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

The bad news is, the people I was trying to call never answered the phone. It was kinda really important. :distraught:

And now it's too late because, just like me, you dreaded it for so long and therefore put it off until that very last feesable moment?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Oh, I do that all the time, regardless. And then I wonder why things didn’t work out in my favor. Yep. That’s me 100%. 😂

I just realized that we can depend on each other for friendship...but...like...for nothing else 🤣 lmfao 🤣 we're both the worst at adulting.

• Haha 1