UnevenEdge

ASMB's History/Timeline (Circa 2004)

LoverDemon

I had finally gotten a lap top with dial-up and the first thing I did was sign-up to submit a name for their found dumpster kitty in March '04. :D 

I suggested 'Baka' because no one would forget it and everyone would probably enjoy yelling that off the roof at odd times during the day. :D 

• 07NOV04 Super Milk Chan and Tom Goes to the Mayor broadcast. Simultaneously, nearly every avid viewer of Adult Swim's perception of the programming block is lowered.

Oh yeah. People HATED milk chan. This was around the time of "AS never adds new anime it's always Inuyasha reruns"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

Oh yeah. People HATED milk chan. This was around the time of "AS never adds new anime it's always Inuyasha reruns"

I thought it was interesting. Strange, yes, but it was at least something different.

7 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

The only good part of Super Milk Chan was the continuing story of the Ant Family. 

The trolly part of it was no one could say Super Milk Chan's catchphrase without filterdodging. :D 

On 6/3/2023 at 9:16 AM, matrixman124 said:

And people wonder why I’m such a zealot for streaming.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:22 AM, LoverDemon said:

• 07NOV04 Super Milk Chan and Tom Goes to the Mayor broadcast. Simultaneously, nearly every avid viewer of Adult Swim's perception of the programming block is lowered.

Funny in retrospect.

TGTTM was a bit polarizing even for me around the time but it eventually grew on me. It’s still ugly as sin, except these days I think I might like it more than Awesome Show. 

Milk Chan was weird, also cutesy. Taped it a couple times but I wasn’t that crazy about it.

Milk Chan ranked fairly high back when they did a Action vs Comedy bracket in ‘05. All lost to Reign.

8EBFDED0-559B-4F35-A0F2-8912E3C7C71B.jpeg.5e1d7602dc6ff3e447fff30eb1bb432f.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Funny in retrospect.

TGTTM was a bit polarizing even for me around the time but it eventually grew on me. It’s still ugly as sin, except these days I think I might like it more than Awesome Show. 

Milk Chan was weird, also cutesy. Taped it a couple times but I wasn’t that crazy about it.

Milk Chan ranked fairly high back when they did a Action vs Comedy bracket in ‘05. All lost to Reign.

8EBFDED0-559B-4F35-A0F2-8912E3C7C71B.jpeg.5e1d7602dc6ff3e447fff30eb1bb432f.jpeg

Nothing beats a codpiece.

Because nothing wants to go anywhere near that codpiece.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Nothing beats a codpiece.

Because nothing wants to go anywhere near that codpiece.

I think I boycotted that show because of the cod pieces.  😂

Unrelated but this is bringing memories of Recklessss Fireee too lol. 

On 6/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, eklipse said:

The only part of that show that mattered.

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2023 at 10:00 PM, eklipse said:

Aw. I liked Reign. I thought it was pretty cool. Peter Chung's work has always fascinated me, and I thought it was cool seeing a different take on the legend of Alexander the Great.

49 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Aw. I liked Reign. I thought it was pretty cool. Peter Chung's work has always fascinated me, and I thought it was cool seeing a different take on the legend of Alexander the Great.

Tempting…. but no, can’t do it.  😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 1:22 AM, LoverDemon said:
  • 04AUG04 Adult Swim starts airing commercials announcing that ATHF is "cancelled" and is airing the "final episode" on August 15th.

Really? I had no idea. They must've been jealous of Phish.