UnevenEdge

What did you have for dinner?

Made runzas (aka Nebraska meat pies) for the first time today. Swapped out the cabbage for caramelized onions + cheese and brushed the pies with an herb butter when they finished cooking. Kind of a bullshit recipe but I really enjoyed these. Made a second batch using black garlic, ranch powder, concentrated beef stock, and Worcestershire sauce for the beef in addition to my other changes and made a fry sauce to dip them in. Absolutely wonderful bullshit. Happy to make these again. 

• Like 4

Do you guys actually plan in advance what you’re having for dinner?  Some of the things you guys are having sounds, idk, top tier difficulty?

lol at my house dinner just hits us by surprise. Same thing every night “oh wait we gotta eat again tonight? Didn’t we last night?” then we run around the kitchen looking for things that when combined makes a meal 😬🫠😬

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Do you guys actually plan in advance what you’re having for dinner?  Some of the things you guys are having sounds, idk, top tier difficulty?

lol at my house dinner just hits us by surprise. Same thing every night “oh wait we gotta eat again tonight? Didn’t we last night?” then we run around the kitchen looking for things that when combined makes a meal 😬🫠😬

I try to plan dinner as often as possible to help with food costs. My absolute favorites are easy bullshit meals from leftovers. I keep shredded chicken on deck for stuff like quesadillas or bakes and brioche hot dog buns that I can turn into French toast if they sit too long or cheezy bread to go with pasta if I don't use them for subs. Last thing I wanna do when I get home from cooking all day is to figure out something to cook. But I also make lots of stuff when I'm off so I can pull from that for easy leftovers. 

• Like 1