UnevenEdge

Injustice Discussion

Just now, ben0119 said:

It wasn't the same one as the Superman?

No, she says her Clark got killed.

I give that movie about a 7/10. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, though at times it WAS pretty laughable!

Wish we were getting the last 2 Ballmastrz episodes, but it's THE PRIMAL THEORY Instead!

4 minutes ago, Daos said:

Well, that was entertaining and I enjoyed it. 

But I don't understand why they decided to butcher the entire plot and have a cop out ending like that. So weird.

I think all the deaths were overkill and lost meaning after a while.

Also hard to believe Superman would do all this.  It's not the real Superman from Earth-1, but still.

I guess it was just "based on" and not an exact re-telling.

The pacing was atrocious. The story was forced. Had some moments, but needed more time than it got, and ultimately too many turns just for the sake of "haha, what if, tho!!"

The Deadwing stuff was way too much asspull with no real payoff.

A passable, if implausible, what-if story, I guess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

No, she says her Clark got killed.

I give that movie about a 7/10. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, though at times it WAS pretty laughable!

Wish we were getting the last 2 Ballmastrz episodes, but it's THE PRIMAL THEORY Instead!

Oh that's right.

Eh 7/10 is generous given all the nonsense that happened in this movie lmao.  This is like if the edgelord writers of Tokyo Ghoul or Akame Ga Kill got to make a DC movie hahaha.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

So this was all a hissy fit over his dead boo 

Imagine if everyone else reacted like this after losing a loved one, whether they were murdered or not.  Even without superpowers, that would cause a lot of chaos.

They should have animated Injustice vs Masters of the Universe.

This movie was too quickly paced, too disjointed with its plot, and the ending flat out completely misses the point of the Injustice story, that Clark going on a murder spree is something terrible and that force CANNOT and WILL NOT restore Lois.  It’s why all the stories in this universe end with Superman and the Regime eventually falling, be it to good Superman, Batman restoring the Justice League, or yeah, He-Man.  It’s a rejection of the idea that Superman has to kill to be relevant.  And this film ignored that completely in favor of a “happy” ending where a new Lois emerges, but Lois is the only thing keeping this Superman from going insane.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

The ending of the first game. It also had Kevin Conroy. 

A big part of the game was the heroes from Earth 1 were on Earth 22 fighting Injustice Superman's Regime. Earth 1's Joker was there also. 

So as far as the plot goes, that movie wasn't even close. I can see why it got so much backlash.

• Like 1