UnevenEdge

What's your sign?

nameraka

9 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I was going to post a Bill Engvall “Here’s Your Sign” video, but I can’t figure out how to do it on my piece-of-shit phone. Also, nobody here probably even knows who the hell Bill Engvall is. This whole post has been an astronomical failure….but I won’t apologize for it.

I do know who Bill Engvall is and am acquainted with his "here's your sign" bit. 

But what I don't know is what "here's your sign" even means. Like, why is that specific phrase used to tell someone they're an idiot?

4 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I do know who Bill Engvall is and am acquainted with his "here's your sign" bit. 

But what I don't know is what "here's your sign" even means. Like, why is that specific phrase used to tell someone they're an idiot?

That’s always bugged me, too. I hate catch phrases that make no sense. That’s probably why he was the least-successful (in my mind) member of the Blue Collar Comedy movies.

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

That’s always bugged me, too. I hate catch phrases that make no sense. That’s probably why he was the least-successful (in my mind) member of the Blue Collar Comedy movies.

I just bet way back when he first started doing that bit he'd explain it to the audience, but somewhere along the lines he either thought his fans already know what it means or he figures the bit works just as well without explaining it, which saves time on stage to tell more jokes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I was going to post a Bill Engvall “Here’s Your Sign” video, but I can’t figure out how to do it on my piece-of-shit phone. Also, nobody here probably even knows who the hell Bill Engvall is. This whole post has been an astronomical failure….but I won’t apologize for it.

He's the "You might be a redneck," guy.

12 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That's Jeff Foxworthy.

Bill Engvall's the "Here's your sign" guy.

Oh, he's the other one with the cute smile, that probably doesn't help...the other one that doesn't wear the hat.  Well I've got the right group at least!

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oh, he's the other one with the cute smile, that probably doesn't help...the other one that doesn't wear the hat.  Well I've got the right group at least!

There's actually a third guy without a hat, who buddy named: Ron White.

Although he has a bit how he got thrown out of a bar that started because he wouldn't take off his hat.

7 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

There's actually a third guy without a hat, who buddy named: Ron White.

Although he has a bit how he got thrown out of a bar that started because he wouldn't take off his hat.

Guh, now I gotta look it up and everything...

Got it.  "Ron Whites" the guy who always wears black, cigar, lowball.  Cable guy yes hat no sleeves.  And I was right, Engvall's the one with cute smile, like his eyes do that arc thing when he smiles.

Edited by Vela
I meant I was right with my second guess

20 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The bit started with him saying stupid people should have to wear a sign and it basically turned into the things they do are the sign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Did you get a flat?

No, the other three tires just blew way up!...here's your sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1