UnevenEdge

Tell me your age, and I will make you feel EVEN OLDER

SwimOdin

It works like this: you tell me your age, and I will tell you something that happened closer to your date of birth then things going on now (2023).

For example, I’m 40. The bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima happened closer to my birth then, say, Elon Musk buying Twitter. Our perception of time is weird like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwimOdin said:

Baby boomers were being born! Awful, right?

I'm gonna be 41 at the end of May. My mom, a widow, is probably the most important person in the world right now. I'm not going to disparage Baby Boomers. Not right now, at least.

1 minute ago, hornedlizardman said:

I'm gonna be 41 at the end of May. My mom, a widow, is probably the most important person in the world right now. I'm not going to disparage Baby Boomers. Not right now, at least.

I mean, yeah, my parents are boomers too, and they’re great. But collectively? Awful.

9 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I'm the same age because my birthday is at the end of May. Also, They Might Be Giants has a song about getting older.

My joints are starting to hurt. Super. ;_;

Klaatu's song "Older" is older than They Might Be Giants song "Older"

13 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

It works like this: you tell me your age, and I will tell you something that happened closer to your date of birth then things going on now (2023).

For example, I’m 40. The bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima happened closer to my birth then, say, Elon Musk buying Twitter. Our perception of time is weird like that.

No one in my class knew what AOL was when the Teacher asked

We're all Dinosaurs

DVErr5U.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1