UnevenEdge

Apparently normal lineup for Thanksgiving Weekend (11/26/16)

OwlChemist81

really do they want to get the lowest views possible

also yeah source

No, because they aren't running a marathon. 

And during Thanksgiving weekend you stay at a house and pretend to enjoy your family's company while you watch TV all day.  No need for a marathon for this holiday!

Folks had better watch if they want the regular lineup to air on Thanksgiving weekend next year.

Last year the Parasyte marathon did as well as a regular lineup. Halloween on the other hand tanked last year and it did this year as well so I guess they felt Thanksgiving weekend would do fine.

On the other hand this could be to finish Kai before January but it also causes IBO to finish on Dec 10th. So it will be interesting to see how the Dec 17th lineup looks.

Well, the thing about this is that now JoJo will get 9 episodes to air in 2016, finishing the Phantom Blood Arc, and DBZ Kai proper will also end on the 17th. I now believe the New Year's Eve-il Marathon will be a JoJo Marathon of the first 9 episodes extended to 4:30 AM.

So now Gundam IBO S1 ends December 10th, so now what on the 17th? I had originally thought Children Who Chase Lost Voices might get a midnight rerun on Christmas Eve, but I now believe its fate may actually be 1 AM on December 17th, as Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, One Piece, and One-Punch Man all take a 3-week break. I'm calling either DBZ Kai or Hunter x Hunter marathon on Christmas Eve and JoJo Phantom Blood marathon on New Year's Eve-il!

We have seen now that they have the capability to expand Toonami to 4:30 for a special event, and the Phantom Blood arc of JoJo would indeed fit the bill, but the question is: is this expansion to 4:30 AM permanent for 2017, and if so, what would a 9-show Toonami look like? Even with DBZ Kai and/or Gundam IBO getting more seasons, we've still got room for 2-3 new shows, and I believe one of them will be Mob Psycho 100!

Well, the thing about this is that now JoJo will get 9 episodes to air in 2016, finishing the Phantom Blood Arc, and DBZ Kai proper will also end on the 17th. I now believe the New Year's Eve-il Marathon will be a JoJo Marathon of the first 9 episodes extended to 4:30 AM.

So now Gundam IBO S1 ends December 10th, so now what on the 17th? I had originally thought Children Who Chase Lost Voices might get a midnight rerun on Christmas Eve, but I now believe its fate may actually be 1 AM on December 17th, as Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, One Piece, and One-Punch Man all take a 3-week break. I'm calling either DBZ Kai or Hunter x Hunter marathon on Christmas Eve and JoJo Phantom Blood marathon on New Year's Eve-il!

We have seen now that they have the capability to expand Toonami to 4:30 for a special event, and the Phantom Blood arc of JoJo would indeed fit the bill, but the question is: is this expansion to 4:30 AM permanent for 2017, and if so, what would a 9-show Toonami look like? Even with DBZ Kai and/or Gundam IBO getting more seasons, we've still got room for 2-3 new shows, and I believe one of them will be Mob Psycho 100!

Actually, with Thanksgiving not being a marathon weekend, DBZK will end on the 17th.  Paving the way for a new show to start on either Jan. 3rd or 10th depending on if the 3rd is a marathon weekend.

Actually, with Thanksgiving not being a marathon weekend, DBZK will end on the 17th.  Paving the way for a new show to start on either Jan. 3rd or 10th depending on if the 3rd is a marathon weekend.

Right. I said both DBZ Kai and JoJo Phantom Blood will end on the 17th. But Gundam IBO will end on the 10th, and there's no way they'll start a new show on the 17th, or even Gundam IBO S2, so I'm calling CWCLV to get an encore that night at 1 AM.

Darn it AL, I wanted to be the first to call an encore of CWCLV on the 17th.

Or a double JoJo perhaps.

I don't see Double JoJo because it would start the Battle Tendencies arc with a 3 week gap before the next episode. Better to just conclude Phantom Blood in 2016 and start BT on 1/7/17. The most likely thing might actually be restoring Hunter × Hunter to 1 AM, Shippuden to 1:30, etc., and double Punchy to end the night, especially if Toonami gets 11:30 back on 1/7/17.

Well it's that or Toonami airs Keijo.

Disclaimer - Toonami will not air Keijo.  Ever.  Seriously, why the hell would they air Keijo?  If you're still reading this and still entertaining the idea of Toonami airing Keijo, it's obvious you've never seen Keijo. 

I know I've come out saying Toonami would do well to air more shows with strong female leads, but Keijo!!!!!!!! is the obvious exception.

It may be rather Kill la Kill-ish in that it involves strong female leads and ridiculously over-the-top fanservice, but the similarities end there. I really don't believe ladies would take to Keijo!!!!!!!! like they did to Kill la Kill! Using the butt as a weapon is less hilarious when it's an actual requirement.

(But ONLY just a little bit).

Adult Swim made a card bashing Keijo!x8.  They're not airing it.

Looking at the fall releases, erm...what do they air?  Yuri on Ice is the gay version of Keijo...and sucks.  IBO probably isn't getting a season 2 on Toonami.

*puts on Red Mage gear*

*equips Excalipoor*

*casts en-Alchemist*

CLEARLY SARA'S NEW PIXIE FORM GUARANTEES SAO 3, ORDINAL SCALE, AND THE LIVE ACTION SAO SERIES FOR TOONAMI NEXT YEAR HERBA DERP DERP!

If Toonami got to air Kill la Kill, they cold air Keijo!!!!.

Content wise, it's about the same..maybe tamer since (so far) there really isn't any nudity or sex-related scenes. Just a bunch of bikini ass and boob-shots.

The real deal closer would probably be that it's essentially a sports anime, and Demarco doesn't like to air those anymore.

It's not that Jason doesn't want to play a sports anime it's that the network wont let him air another one. After IGPX and Prince of Tennis, I can't say I'm surprised but they really should have tried Fighting Spirit and Keijo!!!!!!!! honestly does fit and the fights are surprisingly technical despite how ridiculous they are. We're talking over the top on the level of JoJo or DBZ sometimes.

It's not that Jason doesn't want to play a sports anime it's that the network wont let him air another one. After IGPX and Prince of Tennis, I can't say I'm surprised but they really should have tried Fighting Spirit and Keijo!!!!!!!! honestly does fit and the fights are surprisingly technical despite how ridiculous they are. We're talking over the top on the level of JoJo or DBZ sometimes.

There's also the obvious issue that they released a card that called the show embarrassing and begging people to watch stuff that wasn't as embarrassing.

That much is true, but if they couldn't air Fujiko Mine, I doubt they air this.

Fujiko is much worse since it contains actually nudity and sexual scenes.

Keijo has ass and boob shots galore, but they're all in bikinis. I think that's a key diffrence.

Not that I want it to air, since it's kinda too over-the-top for me, but content wise, Toonami could air it.

I guess you might say I'm thankful we get 6 premieres this weekend!

For all November's mediocre ratings, it should be mentioned that Toonami will have held down a whopping 32 30-minute  timeslots this month (16 hours), and 29 of those 32 timeslots were network premieres, with 21 of those being completely new to U.S. Cable TV!

I am thankful, and hopeful more people will watch and send November off on a high note!