UnevenEdge

I made my first UberEats delivery today

GuyBeardmane

I had a problem completing the delivery on the app after delivering the food and had to call support, only to be told to turn off the app and turn it back on and try again, which worked.  This has made me realize I'm old as shit and no longer tech-savvy enough to hang in a modern environment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

I just moved from small town shithole to real actual city with viable population density.

I made $8.73.

I wish you good luck. One thing that helped is following the subreddit for respective gig apps. Learn to game the system, otherwise it games you.

2 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Lexington, home of the UK Wildcats.  Also college sports are manipulative and student athletes should get paid.

Also there's a big TS party at a local strip club tonight.

Jesus….

You chose to remain under this false idol?

57A4B3BB-499E-4A1A-BF99-F90210A48521.jpeg

Meh. That's shit has to be designed to take advantage of cheap labor so I've never really got to the point were I was willing to try it...I mean Uber, DoorDash, fucking pets pro or whatever dumbass app is the main one meant to hook millenials up with rich trash that wants a cheap babysitter for their pets....As I've said I have a friend that was doing Doordash here say he didn't mind it, but at the same time....After some beers I got him to admit the price needed for him to make some decent bank as the...operator or whatever is a bit exorbitant to say the least...

The fool was laughing about just a few G's he made off the gamestop squeeze at the same time though, and trying to act like he suddenly knew how to work the stock market after that while telling me an investment he convinced his girl to do unrelated fell through lol... She was one sour puss at that restaurant table idk lol....

What a world.. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

23 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Lexington, home of the UK Wildcats.  Also college sports are manipulative and student athletes should get paid.

Also there's a big TS party at a local strip club tonight.

I was invited to dance at that one

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Are you still doing the door dash thing, or did you move on already?  Any funny stories?  That’s probably more of an Uber or Lyft thing though 

Funny you should ask, because I do have a nice, wholesome story to share.

Yeah, a lot of the weird shit would probably be more in line with passengers, but I was driving this morning and got an order that popped up for Dunkin Donuts.  Somebody wanted some munchkins and an apple juice.  The amount it shows I'll make is $3.09.  I take it, because I was already out and had been for awhile and nothing else had come up.  I pick up the Dunkin, drive by the place twice before pulling in (person just put the apartment complex name instead of the address), and get out to deliver.  Send the "I've arrived" auto-message, walk toward the apartment and a kid that had to be between 10 and 12 comes out.  Ask if he's the customer and he says yeah, so I hand him his munchkins and apple juice.  He goes back, I start walking to my car just thinking "man, good on this kid for ordering some breakfast" and he shouts "wait" from behind me, runs down the sidewalk and says "I almost forgot to tip you" and he hands me two bucks cash.

It's my favorite two bucks ever.  Good kid.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Yeah, a lot of the weird shit would probably be more in line with passengers, but I was driving this morning and got an order that popped up for Dunkin Donuts.  Somebody wanted some munchkins and an apple juice.  The amount it shows I'll make is $3.09.  I take it, because I was already out and had been for awhile and nothing else had come up.  I pick up the Dunkin, drive by the place twice before pulling in (person just put the apartment complex name instead of the address), and get out to deliver.  Send the "I've arrived" auto-message, walk toward the apartment and a kid that had to be between 10 and 12 comes out.  Ask if he's the customer and he says yeah, so I hand him his munchkins and apple juice.  He goes back, I start walking to my car just thinking "man, good on this kid for ordering some breakfast" and he shouts "wait" from behind me, runs down the sidewalk and says "I almost forgot to tip you" and he hands me two bucks cash.

D’aaaw that’s so sweet.  That’s a good kid 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Send the "I've arrived" auto-message, walk toward the apartment and a kid that had to be between 10 and 12 comes out.  Ask if he's the customer and he says yeah, so I hand him his munchkins and apple juice.  He goes back, I start walking to my car just thinking "man, good on this kid for ordering some breakfast" and he shouts "wait" from behind me, runs down the sidewalk and says "I almost forgot to tip you" and he hands me two bucks cash.

My father told us a story once about the first time he ever ordered delivery by himself. To paraphrase:

He was about 10-12 and home alone (he was the youngest in a huge family), and called the pizza place or wherever to ask how much xyz was as he's counting his change and thinks "yes! I have that exact amount, perfect!"

Fast forward and the delivery guy drops off his order, he proudly and confidently hands over exactly change. The guy counts it and,

"Is that it?"

"Yup!"

Moment of silence until the guy realizes he has no idea what tipping is, just had to laugh it off and go on his way.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

My father told us a story once about the first time he ever ordered delivery by himself. To paraphrase:

He was about 10-12 and home alone (he was the youngest in a huge family), and called the pizza place or wherever to ask how much xyz was as he's counting his change and thinks "yes! I have that exact amount, perfect!"

Fast forward and the delivery guy drops off his order, he proudly and confidently hands over exactly change. The guy counts it and,

"Is that it?"

"Yup!"

Moment of silence until the guy realizes he has no idea what tipping is, just had to laugh it off and go on his way.

The times, they are a-changin'.  I'm glad that parents are teaching their kids the importance of tipping in our society.  Hopefully a generation of kids who know that tips are essentially the customer making up the wages stolen from employees by executives will overthrow the system.

16 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

65% tip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

I just realized my kids order DD a lot while I'm at work.....I have no clue if they tip or how they tip.

They definitely should, because I tip, but while I wondering if they do, I'm not about to check

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to teach them how to tip and how much, specifically. That is, if they don't tip. (But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell you how to be a parent. Really, it's not my place to tell you how to raise your kids. This is just meant to be friendly advice.)