UnevenEdge

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon: The Second Act premieres July 30th at 12:30 AM

korosu

Now that's what I'm talking about. I mean, I'm not even going to watch this, but I'm glad it's... new.

If only we could get Jujutsu Kaisen on the block right now. I recently heard Viz has the home video rights to that one, but I assume Crunchyroll gave them to them and are still eagerly holding on to the TV rights.

13 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I feel like no one on the planet has made that comparison except you yourself.

The more annoying thing about it is that he seems to bring up Bastard!! in every other post. He may have a tendency to hype up (or spread anti-hype, in the case of most western cartoons) certain things, especially if Netflix is showing them, but right now it feels more pronounced than usual.

• Like 2

I’d rather have Ushio & Tora and frankly I barely consider this an improvement over double Shippuden but it’s nice that they’re finishing YashaHime I guess. That was the lowest hanging fruit from Viz. Maybe this means the money is flowing again and they can add something interesting when the reruns cycle out in August. At the very least this could be seen as some assurance that they can get Bleach TYBW from Viz and Lupin probably will get replaced by a premiere rather than another rerun.

I’m willing to believe this was always what they intended to replace AC with but they couldn’t make it happen as soon as they wanted. But if that is the case then the money might actually not be flowing and they had budgeted for YashaHime before the stoppage. We continue to wander in a very uncertain landscape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

I feel like no one on the planet has made that comparison except you yourself.

No actually, Twitter is full of female fans making that connection.  White haired protagonist kept in line by female lead who doesn’t take his crap.  I didn’t expect to go into the show expecting this, but here we are.

As for the hyping, I was just taken aback by the fact that the show was getting a very pronounced reaction in a similar way to Baki, to Seven Deadly Sins, and others that were able to keep pace with live action shows.  That is what makes me light up.  To me it’s not about the service, it’s the idea that the show is on the same playing field as big name live action shows that makes me go “Wow.”

Edited by Jman
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I’d rather have Ushio & Tora and frankly I barely consider this an improvement over double Shippuden but it’s nice that they’re finishing YashaHime I guess. That was the lowest hanging fruit from Viz. Maybe this means the money is flowing again and they can add something interesting when the reruns cycle out in August. At the very least this could be seen as some assurance that they can get Bleach TYBW from Viz and Lupin probably will get replaced by a premiere rather than another rerun.

I’m willing to believe this was always what they intended to replace AC with but they couldn’t make it happen as soon as they wanted. But if that is the case then the money might actually not be flowing and they had budgeted for YashaHime before the stoppage. We continue to wander in a very uncertain landscape.

I imagine it was much easier to renew an agreement in place for more episodes than to make a new one.  Ushio and Tora is on HiDive of all places, but at least we know AMC/Sentai isn’t hostile towards Toonami.

At the end of the day I don't even understand why Sony/Crunchyroll would be so hostile to working with [as]. Are they even competing for the same eyeballs at this point? Toonami has its own die-hard audience, but the vast majority of people watching anime there are probably also subscribed to Crunchyroll. They're obviously not using the linear broadcast rights for anything, so why not keep working with [as] in return for some ad space and hopefully getting more people to either subscribe or buy the shows on home video? It's a win-win situation, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I had to guess, there’s probably a lot of awkwardness and weird feelings towards their former owner, and the idea of wanting Crunchyroll to be its own brand separate from their old WarnerMedia overlords means not doing business with them on their terrestrial channels.  They’ll do business elsewhere, I believe their deal with Hulu from the FUNi era is still active, but providing their former owners content may be a bridge too far.

Corporations are petty, petty beasts.  I wouldn’t count on Jujutsu Kaisen for that reason, Crunchyroll is heavily invested in the series and distributed the prequel movie (the one that did a fairly good box office back in the spring).

Edited by Jman

Peter Grill is a masterpiece. After decades of dense harem protags that somehow find a way to not get laid despite women desperately fighting over them, along comes Peter who POUNDS every last one of them. While having a steady girlfriend who he loves deeply.

AND he pounds women of all different species, promoting interspecies harmony. They would be fools not to get this anime!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Well it's...something, at least?

Is it though?

All joking aside, it's....  bad... real bad. But marginally watchable I guess.

It's not an outright crime against humanity like Boruto. There's that.

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

At the end of the day I don't even understand why Sony/Crunchyroll would be so hostile to working with [as]. Are they even competing for the same eyeballs at this point? Toonami has its own die-hard audience, but the vast majority of people watching anime there are probably also subscribed to Crunchyroll. They're obviously not using the linear broadcast rights for anything, so why not keep working with [as] in return for some ad space and hopefully getting more people to either subscribe or buy the shows on home video? It's a win-win situation, right?

apparently not...i mean they don't even want to promote the service on television so just forget about  airing actual content from it on television

2 hours ago, Daos said:

Is it though?

All joking aside, it's....  bad... real bad. But marginally watchable I guess.

It's not an outright crime against humanity like Boruto. There's that.

From everything I've heard the second season is at least a substantial improvement over the first.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

From everything I've heard the second season is at least a substantial improvement over the first.

Well if the information I'm reading is correct, it's a top 4 anime in Japan and has more viewership than One Piece.

Say hello to 500 more episodes.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jman said:

If I had to guess, there’s probably a lot of awkwardness and weird feelings towards their former owner, and the idea of wanting Crunchyroll to be its own brand separate from their old WarnerMedia overlords means not doing business with them on their terrestrial channels.  They’ll do business elsewhere, I believe their deal with Hulu from the FUNi era is still active, but providing their former owners content may be a bridge too far.

Corporations are petty, petty beasts.  I wouldn’t count on Jujutsu Kaisen for that reason, Crunchyroll is heavily invested in the series and distributed the prequel movie (the one that did a fairly good box office back in the spring).

even while warner owned them...Crunchyroll seemed against giving toonami much of anything

FINALLY!  I'm so glad I can watch the second season with everyone else here.  This may not mean much coming from me, since I'm a big InuYasha fan, so you might think I'm not being critical enough of the series, but this second half of Yashahime is definitely an improvement on the first.  I think people will enjoy it.

Also -

• Like 2