UnevenEdge

Why you don't name your children after fictional characters

bnmjy

Eh, my son's middle name is kinda of a character...it was actually of many other things as well....But no one calls him it, like ever....Just my mom.

And, if you know my daughter's name.....well, look....That was her mom's decision and i stand by it.

*prepares for traditional Christmas movie night with A Nightmare Before Christmas on deck because my daughter liked it when she was 7*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Eh, my son's middle name is kinda of a character...it was actually of many other things as well....But no one calls him it, like ever....Just my mom.

And, if you know my daughter's name.....well, look....That was her mom's decision and i stand by it.

*prepares for traditional Christmas movie night with A Nightmare Before Christmas on deck because my daughter liked it when she was 7*

Middle names are rather innocuous. If I remember correctly, your daughter is named after an ancient Egyptian. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you aren't Egyptian LARPing her entire life, lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

Middle names are rather innocuous. If I remember correctly, your daughter is named after an ancient Egyptian. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you aren't Egyptian LARPing her entire life, lol

No....I'm into it but she's never even explored the name ore the name-sake....I can't say for sure if their mother has pushed her to do so, but i've never seen it.

• Like 1

You dont like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Marvel movies?!

Schitts Creek Excuse Me GIF - SchittsCreek ExcuseMe WeekendVibe - Discover  & Share GIFs | Schitts creek, Funny relatable memes, Relatable

Well bitch ... what do you like? 

I just scanned this kid's complaint .... is her name Hermione or something or is she just upset her parents aren't "cool?" 

I dont see a problem naming your kids after fictional characters. I named my kid after a comic book hero. His name just isn't  unusual. 

I told my mom I was going to name the miniature Arkham because I knew it was going to stress her out

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, stilgar said:

See, if you are gonna name your kid after a character from some kind of media you are into you gotta be subtle.

This and don't freakin' force your interests on them. They aren't you and if you are pushing all the things on them, they are going to hate all the things. 

• Like 1