UnevenEdge

YashaHime mini-marathon to conclude Season 1 12/11; Animatrix 12/18

OwlChemist81

So they went with a Matrix Resurrections tie-in as opposed to moar DC movies. Not bad. Maybe they're saving the latter for either Christmas or New Year's, with the other night being a marathon. Other than that, not much to complain about. These schedules pack all the fun of a lowball poker hand, but at least we're still getting premieres.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

so what was stopping them from simply holding onto those last three yashahime episodes until january?

what is your deal? "why toonami WHY are you airing one of your current shows when i've been complaining about a lack of content"

• Thanks 4
  • D'oh 1

seriously.

"the block is taking 3 weeks off! these shows are ending in mere weeks and they're delaying those few episodes! people are gonna ditch this block for streaming!!

whoa whoa whoa hold on, why the fuck aren't they saving all 3 yashahime episodes for january? this is peculiar!!"

what do you want?

• Thanks 4
  • D'oh 1

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

so what was stopping them from simply holding onto those last three yashahime episodes until january?

some say maybe they had to air all these episodes by a certain date but i dunno....

Maybe the premiere of Season 2? Perhaps THAT?? Perhaps Food Wars 5th Plate??? Ass Class Season 2???? Freakin' gen:LOCK?!?! I mean, use your imagination! Would you rather have seen a rerun marathon on Dec. 11?

Between Blade Runner: Black Lotus, Yashahime, and Animatrix, December is turning out to be a Month of Movies AND Marathons!!

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, korosu said:

seriously.

"the block is taking 3 weeks off! these shows are ending in mere weeks and they're delaying those few episodes! people are gonna ditch this block for streaming!!

whoa whoa whoa hold on, why the fuck aren't they saving all 3 yashahime episodes for january? this is peculiar!!"

what do you want?

nowhere did i scream "Toonami's dying! waaaaaaah! People are gonna ditch the block entirely for streaming due to this WAAAAAH!"

I'm simply saying rushing to finish Yashahime S1 so soon makes no sense unless They already have Season 2 locked down for that time slot

34 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Maybe the premiere of Season 2? Perhaps THAT?? Perhaps Food Wars 5th Plate??? Ass Class Season 2???? Freakin' gen:LOCK?!?! I mean, use your imagination! Would you rather have seen a rerun marathon on Dec. 11?

Between Blade Runner: Black Lotus, Yashahime, and Animatrix, December is turning out to be a Month of Movies AND Marathons!!

if I'm honest yeah  given the choice between doing a marathon then coming back for one week just to finish off Yashahime before going away again until 1/8 and an entire month of marathons

I'd prefer a consistent pattern even if it's one i don't like rather than marathons/movies except for one week in the middle where they burn off all the remaining Yashahime episodes like they don't want it to be hanging around come January

Edited by CountFrylock

9 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

nowhere did i scream "Toonami's dying! waaaaaaah! People are gonna ditch the block entirely for streaming due to this WAAAAAH!"

I'm simply saying rushing to finish Yashahime S1 so soon makes no sense unless They already have Season 2 locked down for that time slot

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I hope it’s not gen:Lock, considering Season 2 is so shitty the Reddit out and out advises people to watch Eighty Six instead.

6 minutes ago, korosu said:

Capture.PNG

Well I'll say this then  I Was Wrong  I'd Take an entire month of marathons over this gladly and compliment Jason Demarco as The King Of Toonami And Adultswim if i could

I Was Wrong  I'll never complain about marathons ever again or move nights they are amazing  the greatest decision ever compared to this nonsense and i can't believe i was so stupid not to see how good i had it

I'd take having rick and morty shoved down my throat as a toonami special event instead of Yashahime being quickly flushed down the toilet like it's some stinky turd we need to forget about

everyone of us should scream and cheer whenever there's a marathon instead of terrible crap like this

Edited by CountFrylock

complain that they're taking three weeks off when shows are close to ending anyway, and then complain that they're airing one of their remaining current shows during a month without any new shows and a block with three other open slots to fill. what the fuck do you want dude?

• Thanks 2

Just now, korosu said:

complain that they're taking three weeks off when shows are close to ending anyway, and then complain that they're airing one of their remaining current shows during a month without any new shows and a block with three other open slots to fill. what the fuck do you want dude?

I'm not complaining   i simply asked what was stopping them from saving Yashahime S1 For January since it's doubtful they'll fill those slots all at once and there's nothing to gain by rushing to finish it sooner

i said i was wrong about the complaints i made back then and that i now realize marathons are crucial they are a requirement when toonami finds itself needing time for numerous reasons

this one being...they are running out of content to air and won't have anything new until 1/8

back then we didn't know Toonami wasn't getting anything except for black lotus the rest of the year

back then we didn't know multiple deals to acquire new shows fell through so that comment i made is very outdated at this point

with the information we have now

i see that toonami had no other choice but to do what they did and stall for a month

which is why I'm confused they are dumping Yashahime's three remaining episodes in one go on 12/11 as if they'll have numerous shows ready to air by 1/8

9 minutes ago, korosu said:

complains that my hero academia has to take off three weeks with two episodes left, WANTS yashahime to take FIVE weeks off with three episodes left.

did you read what i even wrote?

back then we didn't know toonami had multiple deals for new shows fail and had no other choice but to constantly stall....

now that we know....rushing to finish Yashahime S1 makes zero sense

especially if it wasn't just a matter of "bad luck with contracts" but also budget issues

as the WM budget resets 1/1 and i don't think multiple shows are gonna debut a week after that

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Confused 1

They're not "rushing to finish Yashahime." It's ending right on time as the final episode will be acquired. My theory, that they can only air one episode of certain shows a week, but can either choose to air that episode on the date it was originally scheduled or at a later date, seems to be correct. It might even be more explicitly stated that they "acquire" them by the episode, one episode a week.

Here's the effect that had/will have on Yashahime, though I have posted something similar it in another thread on here.

Episodes 1-15: Acquired and aired on consecutive weeks from 6/26 to 10/9.
Episode 16: Acquired on 10/16 but not aired due to Batman Ninja/Red Hood; aired 11/6 instead.
Episode 17: Acquired on 10/23 but not aired due to Batman: Long Halloween; aired 11/13 instead.
Episode 18: Acquired on 10/30 but not aired due to Fena marathon; aired 11/20 instead.
Episode 19: Acquired on 11/6 but not aired due to Episode 16; aired 11/20 instead.
Episode 20: Acquired on 11/13 but not aired due to Episode 17; aired 11/27 instead.
Episode 21: Acquired on 11/20 but not aired due to Episodes 18 & 19; aired 11/27 instead.
Episode 22: Acquired on 11/27 but not aired due to Episodes 20 & 21; still unaired.
Episode 23: Will be acquired on 12/4
Episode 24: Will be acquired on 12/11
So, by airing 22-24 back-to-back-to-back, they'll essentially be clearing out their backlog of acquired episodes, as well as airing the episode they acquired that day. I don't have any problem with this, because the show has aired in all 3 timeslots at some point during its run. The week that Fena had an hour-long premiere, Yashahime aired at 1:30 AM. That was Episode 8, BTW. It almost makes sense that Episode 24 is in the same timeslot.

BTW, they have done this sort of thing before. Remember SAO Alicization? Episode 6 aired on 3/16/19, but glitched. They re-aired it with no glitch on 3/23, but they apparently also acquired Episode 7 that day. The following week (3/30), Episodes 7 & 8 aired. But then Toonami apparently had to put in an audible to Aniplex to be able to air both 9 & 10 together on 4/6 to be able to air those two episodes together, with 10 airing a little ahead of schedule, so why couldn't they do that with Yashahime this year in order for it to air on 12/4? Different contracts written differently, I guess.

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

They're not "rushing to finish Yashahime." It's ending right on time as the final episode will be acquired. My theory, that they can only air one episode of certain shows a week, but can either choose to air that episode on the date it was originally scheduled or at a later date, seems to be correct. It might even be more explicitly stated that they "acquire" them by the episode, one episode a week.

Here's the effect that had/will have on Yashahime, though I have posted something similar it in another thread on here.

Episode 16: Acquired on 10/16 but not aired due to Batman Ninja/Red Hood; aired 11/6 instead.
Episode 17: Acquired on 10/23 but not aired due to Batman: Long Halloween; aired 11/13 instead.
Episode 18: Acquired on 10/30 but not aired due to Fena marathon; aired 11/20 instead.
Episode 19: Acquired on 11/6 but not aired due to Episode 16; aired 11/20 instead.
Episode 20: Acquired on 11/13 but not aired due to Episode 17; aired 11/27 instead.
Episode 21: Acquired on 11/20 but not aired due to Episodes 18 & 19; aired 11/27 instead.
Episode 22: Acquired on 11/27 but not aired due to Episodes 20 & 21; still unaired.
So, by airing 22-24 back-to-back-to-back, they'll essentially be clearing out their backlog of acquired episodes, as well as airing the episode they acquired that day. I don't have any problem with this, because the show has aired in all 3 timeslots at some point during its run. The week that Fena had an hour-long premiere, Yashahime aired at 1:30 AM. That was Episode 8, BTW. It almost makes sense that Episode 24 is in the same timeslot.

so do you think Yashahime's time slot will be quickly filled come january or will it be something we might need filler for?

that's the only thing I'm curious about as I have doubts they'll just dump multiple shows on 1/8

Edited by CountFrylock

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

so do you think Yashahime's time slot will be quickly filled come january or will it be something we might need filler for?

that's the only thing I'm curious about as I have doubts they'll just dump multiple shows on 1/8

They've done something like that before. Dragon Ball Super, DBZ Kai Final Chapters, and Gundam Unicorn all debuted on 1/7/17. They could choose to do something similar for 1/1/22 or 1/8/22.

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

They've done something like that before. Dragon Ball Super, DBZ Kai Final Chapters, and Gundam Unicorn all debuted on 1/7/17. They could choose to do something similar for 1/1/22 or 1/8/22.

some people seem confident that toonami will just air a marathon on 1/1(perhaps another blade runner marathon)since it's new years day but despite that...I'm not sure how often toonami has actually kicked off the new year with a marathon

just seems like something they tend to avoid unless they really gotta do it

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

BTW, they have done this sort of thing before. Remember SAO Alicization? Episode 6 aired on 3/16/19, but glitched. They re-aired it with no glitch on 3/23, but they apparently also acquired Episode 7 that day. The following week (3/30), Episodes 7 & 8 aired. But then Toonami apparently had to put in an audible to Aniplex to be able to air both 9 & 10 together on 4/6 to be able to air those two episodes together, with 10 airing a little ahead of schedule, so why couldn't they do that with Yashahime this year in order for it to air on 12/4? Different contracts written differently, I guess.

A fun theory, but this seems to be an awful stretch, even for you.

• D'oh 1

6 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

A fun theory, but this seems to be an awful stretch, even for you.

Kiss my nuts. Enjoy that upside-down heart I just gave you, which is in fact as the "❤" symbol was not intended to be the blood-pumping organ in our chests but an upside-down pair of testicles, at least according to Cracked.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • D'oh 1

9 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

some people seem confident that toonami will just air a marathon on 1/1(perhaps another blade runner marathon)since it's new years day but despite that...I'm not sure how often toonami has actually kicked off the new year with a marathon

just seems like something they tend to avoid unless they really gotta do it

We really don't know, because [as] Toonami has, believe it or not, NEVER been on 1/1 before. The last time New Year's Eve happened on a Friday and New Year's Day on a Saturday was 2010-11, and Toonami was off the air then.

However, what we DO know is on 1/1/11, [as] DID air premieres of Bleach and Kekkaishi:

https://sites.google.com/site/swimpediaiscoming/adult-swim-schedules/2011

So, apparently Toonami doing something similar on 1/1/22 is NOT off the table. CN, in fact, is premiering 10 Episodes of We Bare Baby Bears! I would expect Toonami to follow suit by airing a normal lineup with multiple premieres!

Edited by OwlChemist81

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

We really don't know, because [as] Toonami has, believe it or not, NEVER been on 1/1 before. The last time New Year's Eve happened on a Friday and New Year's Day on a Saturday was 2010-11, and Toonami was off the air then.

However, what we DO know is on 1/1/11, [as] DID air premieres of Bleach and Kekkaishi:

https://sites.google.com/site/swimpediaiscoming/adult-swim-schedules/2011

So, apparently Toonami doing something similar on 1/1/22 is NOT off the table. CN, in fact, is premiering 10 Episodes of We Bare Baby Bears! I would expect Toonami to follow suit by airing a normal lineup with multiple premieres!

honestly at this point i expect a normal schedule....as you said CN is premiering we baby bears on 1/1

so it would be strange if toonami still has to stall for new content by then

• Thanks 1

I guess the question now becomes "what does Toonami do with 12/25, Christmas night?" Will they be bold enough to premiere an episode of Blade Runner: Black Lotus that night? And if so, what after it? A marathon of gen:Lock Season 1 would certainly be interesting to catch us up if Season 2 is coming on 1/1/22, even if it has to be edited for time and content like Season 1 was. I wonder what power Toonami has to re-acquire Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, though that happens on Christmas Eve?

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Kiss my nuts. Enjoy that upside-down heart I just gave you, which is in fact as the "❤" symbol was not intended to be the blood-pumping organ in our chests but an upside-down pair of testicles, at least according to Cracked.

Right back atcha, ya salty son of a bitch.

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

The hell did that come from?

Anyways, I request that everyone only react to my posts with the nutsack emoji.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 2

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I guess the question now becomes "what does Toonami do with 12/25, Christmas night?" Will they be bold enough to premiere an episode of Blade Runner: Black Lotus that night? And if so, what after it? A marathon of gen:Lock Season 1 would certainly be interesting to catch us up if Season 2 is coming on 1/1/22, even if it has to be edited for time and content like Season 1 was. I wonder what power Toonami has to re-acquire Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, though that happens on Christmas Eve?

Yashahime Blade runner and fena are the only marathon options i see them having(can't really see them doing An MHA Marathon)

Fena aired every week no matter if it was a marathon or not so i see the same apply to blade runner

• D'oh 1

8 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

They can probably marathon MHA, Food Wars or YashaHime but genLOCK is an interesting option. How about a Titan marathon though? They’d have to extend the lineup a lot to fit all 16 episodes in but maybe they could do the last 7 or 8.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Sketch said:

They can probably marathon MHA, Food Wars or YashaHime but genLOCK is an interesting option. How about a Titan marathon though? They’d have to extend the lineup a lot to fit all 16 episodes in but maybe they could do the last 7 or 8.

Don't think I'd mind that, but AOT probably isn't coming out with the 2nd half of Season 2 dubbed until February, so it might not make much sense to do a Christmas marathon!