UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Black Myth: Wukong must be a gigantic game. It’s been downloading now for over 3 hours and it’s only about a quarter of the way done. 

Rememeber the days when you bought a game and took it home and the only thing you had to do was stick in the console and you're good to go?

pepperidge-pepperidge-farm-remembers.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been hungry all day. It's the first day of me going 24 hours of not eating meat. All i've eaten today was a bowl of oatmeal, some grapes and went to Wendy's and got sour cream and chives potato and it doesn't like it's enough to keep me full. I'm not going to break though, I meant what said about going meatless for few days a week and I still intend to follow throgh but still...:distraught:

Edited by Dusty Shackleford
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dusty Shackleford said:

I've been hungry all day. It's the first day of me going 24 hours of not eating meat. I've all eaten today was a bowl of oatmeal, some grapes and went to Wendy's and got sour cream and chives potato and it doesn't like it's enough to keep me full. I'm not going to break though, I meant what said about going meatless for few days a week and I still intend to follow throgh but still...:distraught:

Try getting into Indian food. India has a long tradition of vegetarianism, and over a third of Indians are strictly vegetarian. Western vegetable dishes usually seem to be meant to accompany meat, which may be why they never feel that filling by themselves. You will feel full with a heavy curry dish.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, Blackrose321 said:

We have a consult with an oncologist scheduled but it's not until October 22. That's too long. I have to call his vet tomorrow to ask if there are any other places but I fear there won't be. The one we have scheduled is already 2 hours away.

Our oncology appointment is still scheduled for October 22, which I fear we will not make it to at this rate. He was grumbling a lot last night, an indicator that he was in pain and/or nauseous. He kept gagging all throughout the night and since I didn't feel well either, I was up to hear it until nearly 4am. I feel so helpless.

We took him back to the vet today and his white blood cell count is even higher. He has bacteria in his urine, but no white blood cells so now we're worried that the cancer is spreading and causing other issues. But the place we want to take him to will still likely consider him "stable" and therefore not an emergency, which is fucking baffling because why wait until a dog is nearly fucking dead to treat him? What the fuck is the point?

They're sending him home with meds for pain and nausea, plus antibiotics. I'm hoping we can at least make him more comfortable. He's usually a happy camper at the vet, but today he slept. I can tell by the vet's voice that we're winding down. I cannot believe this is happening again.

I'm so sorry for always posting such depressing stuff...

• Like 3

People nostalgic for video stores sometimes seem nostalgic for the ability to gatekeep, to ensure that certain things aren’t watched, that you are judged if you want to watch a certain thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Our oncology appointment is still scheduled for October 22, which I fear we will not make it to at this rate. He was grumbling a lot last night, an indicator that he was in pain and/or nauseous. He kept gagging all throughout the night and since I didn't feel well either, I was up to hear it until nearly 4am. I feel so helpless.

We took him back to the vet today and his white blood cell count is even higher. He has bacteria in his urine, but no white blood cells so now we're worried that the cancer is spreading and causing other issues. But the place we want to take him to will still likely consider him "stable" and therefore not an emergency, which is fucking baffling because why wait until a dog is nearly fucking dead to treat him? What the fuck is the point?

They're sending him home with meds for pain and nausea, plus antibiotics. I'm hoping we can at least make him more comfortable. He's usually a happy camper at the vet, but today he slept. I can tell by the vet's voice that we're winding down. I cannot believe this is happening again.

This is your life and your thoughts. There's nothing to be sorry about. I made this thread because I have too much going on in my life and need a place to air out some things that aren't quite rants, and I figured other posters could air out some of their feelings too, big or small. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UwPp said:

Guy ended up being a psycho after one day. 🙄😐

Also no rollerycosters. The niece was too scared. 

I just had a great one night stand. I thought I'd share because we are being hoes here. 🫠

I do want a serious relationship again, but a desirable one is not possible for a few years for me. Oh well.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 1:43 PM, Blackrose321 said:

After another restless night, we've decided to take a chance and drive to the emergency vet where his October appointment is. It's a 2 hour drive plus a 3-4 hour wait so we'll be there all day. I still have a bad feeling about all this but I'd rather fight it until it's clear that we can't or shouldn't.

At the very least, his symptoms are on their emergent list so I'm hopeful that they'll see him.

Update: We got here at 12:45 and they took him back right away to check his vitals. They didn't bring him back out like other pets so they must be working to stabilize him. I'm glad they have him, I'm at least hopeful that they will be able to ease his suffering while we wait.

Update 2: They said he's unwell enough to admit him so that's what we did. It's expensive but the alternative is bringing him home to suffer without knowing whether he could be saved. This way, his October 22 appointment gets moved to tomorrow morning and they'll do their best to keep him comfortable. Listening to him suffer all night was breaking my heart.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 2

My 4 year old nonverbal autistic niece took a bite out of me yesterday and it still stings. 

Her medicine she takes for her seizures is causing her to be mean. I didn't repercussion her because she doesn't know any better. I did kinda squeeze her leg when she did it from the initial shock and she stopped biting. But damn homie, you've never bitten your Aunt Stef before.  

IMG_20240902_084102.jpg

• Sad 3

On 9/1/2024 at 11:28 AM, Blackrose321 said:

After another restless night, we've decided to take a chance and drive to the emergency vet where his October appointment is. It's a 2 hour drive plus a 3-4 hour wait so we'll be there all day. I still have a bad feeling about all this but I'd rather fight it until it's clear that we can't or shouldn't.

At the very least, his symptoms are on their emergent list so I'm hopeful that they'll see him.

Update: We got here at 12:45 and they took him back right away to check his vitals. They didn't bring him back out like other pets so they must be working to stabilize him. I'm glad they have him, I'm at least hopeful that they will be able to ease his suffering while we wait.

Update 2: They said he's unwell enough to admit him so that's what we did. It's expensive but the alternative is bringing him home to suffer without knowing whether he could be saved. This way, his October 22 appointment gets moved to tomorrow morning and they'll do their best to keep him comfortable. Listening to him suffer all night was breaking my heart.

We're driving back to the emergency vet to say goodbye. He was having a hard time breathing while lightly sedated last night so sedating him for a full diagnosis would potentially result in him dying on the table. If he did survive, surgery would carry the same risk - only worse - and chemo would leave him vulnerable to infection. Both options would only give him 2-4 months max. 

Even if we did get him through diagnosis, if it turned out to be an infection instead, his prognosis would be even worse than it would be for cancer. 

I'm so tired. I can't sleep but I'm not totally "here" either. I'm glad that my friend is coming to say goodbye, he loves her and I'm glad he'll be with people who love him. At least this time I feel more certain, I had time to spoil him and try my best. With my other dog it was so sudden that I was filled with both grief and doubt. This is pretty clear, even if it breaks my heart to pieces.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Sad 6

Started out as me hackingly showing people stuff I taped way back when, and enough time’s passed to where some of those phone camera shots themselves are like ten years old.

It’s not that I’m proud of or even ashamed of past projects, but I’ve tried to make them count for myself. Even when the passion isn’t really there anymore. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I picked an absolutely horrible horror/comedy movie called “The Ice Cream Truck”. 100% do not recommend.

I'm currently watching Fugitive Alien on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 FOREVER-a-thon YouTube stream.

How does it feel to be the cool kid, you ask? I guess it feels okay. I don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's funny. Wendig annoys me because of genre drama, so I forget about shit like the Internet Archive until it blows up again in the news(No I don't think he's directly to blame though his posts could have affected Hachette's timing). Dude is getting a looooot of death threats. And that's why I stay minding my damn business.

• Like 1

Apparently, I woke up to the end of the world today….

The sky looks really weird, there’s reports of multiple water main breaks very close by, and the few people I’ve seen so far are acting even weirder than usual.

Ugh…..I didn’t get nearly enough sleep for this crap….

EDIT: Except for the water main thing, this was yet another exaggeration on my part. I’m fine other than a small headache and irritability.

Edited by The_annoying_one
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why would I allow someone that was mean to me back into my life?

Because I'm dumb.

Now my dumbass is stuck listening to the drama of said person and their situationship.

Like homie, talk to me about literally anything. 🙄 I don't careeeee.

• Sad 2