UnevenEdge

With Jojo Part 6 coming to netflix...No More Jojo On Toonami

I saw this just now when I was trying to find info on Twitter about them airing the wrong episode of Harley Quinn at the end the marathon.

This is unfortunate.

I will miss discussing the show on Toonami with everyone.  Demarco said they lost to Netflix's brute force tactic of bags of cash.

I guess even with the massive WarnerMedia conglomerate behind them, Toonami still only gets a tiny "allowance."

Does Netflix still do the thing where they wait for a whole season of anime to air before putting out all the episodes all at once?  And then taking forever to dub shows, if ever?  Because that's going to be a pain in the ass.  I hope they keep cast members if any previous characters return too. 

Even if you say you like streaming over cable, I don't see how this model is preferable to what Funimation, Hulu, or Crunchyroll do.

Looked further down the replies.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-08-08/jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-6-stone-ocean-anime-reveals-promo-video-cast-staff-december-debut-on-netflix-worldwide/.176012

YEESH, Netflix is really throwing their weight around!  It's going to be on Netflix before it airs in Japan!

But my other comments still stand!

Edited by ben0119

Normally Netflix takes their sweet time streaming shows after they broadcasted in Japan so I'm glad to see they are going to stream Stone Ocean before it even starts broadcasting in Japan. It's not simulcasting week to week but in some ways its better than that. Even better if they stream it dubbed on day one.

I wouldn't worry about dub inconsistences, the Rohan OVAs only recast Rohan for reasons unrelated to who was in charge of dubbing it (it was still BangZoom). Matt Mercer will surely return as Jotaro and the dub will probably be handled by BangZoom like the rest.

Pour one out for JoJo on Toonami. The way Part 5 held DBS reruns pretty well had me thinking JoJo could have a promising future on Toonami but alas Toonami can't outbid Netflix. I just hope Viz can still release Stone Ocean and the Rohan OVAs on home video some day or that at least someone will.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Really sucks, watching Jojo in here each week was an absolute blast, was looking forward to it for Stone Ocean.

same...it really makes you realize how outdated toonami truly is when they find themselves losing shows that have become a staple of the block to A Streaming service like netflix

• Sad 1