Steam Deck

SwimOdin

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, Jman said:

I don’t have one, but it looks awesome even if it makes my old Atari Lynx look svelte.  Everyone seems happy with their Gabe Gear.

BEYOND. I still can’t believe it’s real. Whenever they iterate on it, I will get that, too. Can’t sing it’s praises enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/11/2023 at 6:37 AM, André Toulon said:

You plan on fighting me.....ON THAT!!!

I TRIED PLAYING Street Fighter 4 on Switch...buttons too close together and small for precision comboing.

I wish SF4 wasn’t borked on steam deck, because I don’t like SF5. Here’s hoping 6 runs well.

19 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

I wish SF4 wasn’t borked on steam deck, because I don’t like SF5. Here’s hoping 6 runs well.

I basically had to abandon my play style to get into V. Maining Nash....I mained Cody and Ibuki on 4, but Cody is hot ass trash on V. 

I really want emo prison Cody back...but push come to shove, I'll go full 1996 and go back to Guile.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 11:40 AM, SwimOdin said:

Not totally surprising, it’s a bit more esoteric to acquire than your average pc or console:

and people aren't just busting them out to show off to strangers. Would I take it from you and run, forsaking every other possibility? Plausibly...

• 5 weeks later...

I got one because I wanted to play my Steam games while curled up on the couch or outside in my hammock. I used to hang out in front of my desktop more but not so much lately.

I know it's not a perfect device but I get a lot of use out of it. The only issue I've had to overcome was learning how to hold it. I have small hands so my wrists hurt for a while but no pain, no game. I made it through. /nerd flex/

Yeah my noodle arms get tired too. That’s my only complaint as well. Otherwise, this is quickly becoming this elder millennial’s favorite gaming console/device ever. And I’ve been playing this shit since the 2600. I can’t see me not using this and newer iterations for the rest of my life.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As am I. I can’t tell you how hard it’s been to not order it. I have a Steam Deck that is wonderful! I don’t…need…it.

But it’s killing me.

All of this to say it’s become my all time favorite “console” handheld, whatever. It just fits with everything in my life. This is all saying something from a lifetime video game dork.

• 4 months later...