UnevenEdge

steve blum responds to negative comments about netflix cowboy bebop

CountFrylock

Fans of the anime probably kept badgering him to bash the show or to be automatically disgusted because it’s live action.

Not sure how the new show will turn out, but Steve gave a nice, levelheaded response to at least wait and give it a shot before automatically thinking it’ll be like DB Evolution.

Not to mention the obnoxious mindset of expecting the voice of Spike Spiegel to dunk on the show because they need his approval on the notion that nothing should be allowed to beat the original.

There’s nothing in it for him to try to adopt an angry view on the remake aside from winning brownie points with overbearing Twitter users who could prop it up and be like “See! Now I have a reason to hate the upcoming remake even more!” It makes sense why he had to come out and establish that he wanted no part in that kind of role.

• Like 2

Counterpoint -

Death Note, Ghost In the Shell, Dragonball Evolution, that insanely awful Fist of the North Star that thought Malcom McDowell should be Ryuken…

When one of the better examples of a manga adaptation was the Direct to Video sequel to The Guyver, maybe you shouldn’t try adapting anime or manga to live action.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 7:12 AM, Jman said:

Counterpoint -

Death Note, Ghost In the Shell, Dragonball Evolution, that insanely awful Fist of the North Star that thought Malcom McDowell should be Ryuken…

When one of the better examples of a manga adaptation was the Direct to Video sequel to The Guyver, maybe you shouldn’t try adapting anime or manga to live action.

Alita says hi.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Steven Blum is the GOAT.

And why the hell are people complaining about a movie or TV show that isn't even out yet?

after what happened with the live action death note movie on netflix

there are people who are skeptical of another live action anime film on netflix

47 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

The only live-action Death Note movies I'm aware of are the Japanese-made ones. What happened with the Netflix movie?

I Didn't watch it but going off the clips I've seen and overviews running it down on youtube

Light was turned into a complete dumbass with the real mastermind being his girlfriend(since the characters are american He's Light Turner not Light Yagami...what?)

also L is even more of a dumbass as there's a scene where he's just out in public in front of a crowd talking shit about Kira on a podium

The Entire story gets changed for all the wrong reasons and certain characters don't even show up at all

Edited by CountFrylock

Considering Netflix's track record for live action anime adaptations, a la the Death Note movie...

I probably won't watch it anyone, never cared much for CB anyway. Also aside from The Witcher I'm not really a fan of many of the things Netflix has made in recent years.

On 6/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, EmpressAngel said:

It's amazing how fast that movie made me go from "Look at this weird bug-eyed freak" to "This is my adorable robot daughter and I love her."

Was that actually good?  The CGI done with Alita totally turned me off and I never watched it.

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Was that actually good?  The CGI done with Alita totally turned me off and I never watched it.

It was actually good! I admit that I know very little about the original manga, but it was a really fun watch from an outsider's perspective. Her face is a little jarring at first, but it doesn't take long before you get used to it and forget how weird it is.

• Like 1

If I have to give Netflix any credit for the live action Cowboy Bebop, they didn’t deflate everyone from the get-go like with their Death Note film. Aside from Edward, everyone looks intact and they went out of their way to announce that Yoko Kanno is there. They seemed to have tried hard to cover their tracks when it came to any news that would make this look like ass. 

By this point, you would’ve found out that Willem Dafoe and Lakeith Stanfield weren’t going to save the film from the blonde & angry Light Turner of Canada, and that’s before you actually watched the film to see it was even worse.