UnevenEdge

i don't want to be that person

discolé monade

11 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

but i'm gonna' be. 

i see the 'staff' has changed, removing luuv. 

ok...he's no longer with us. BUT he was the founder. 

maybe 'staff' could acknowledge that? 

I think that Luuv should be honored, yes. But having him on the staff roster IS kind of confusing for new people or those who aren’t aware of his passing. And if I were a betting man, I’d bet Pat is preparing to ultimately drive for getting more people to come back to the UEMB.

Perhaps an alternative idea could be a perpetually floated post at the top entitled “In Memory of Luuv” and have people share memories of the man?

While I didn't know him, I had heard about him, long before joining.

HE created this place, and whether or not it's living up to how he would have wanted isn't the issue.

It's still here, and it's here because of HIM.

There should definitely be a FOUNDER with his name, above all other staff member's names. 

And like Insane Fox said, maybe a tribute that is pinned so new people can get an idea of who the founder of this site was. 

I gave him a custom non-admin rank a while back for security purposes, and because the staff page is tied to the staff ranks, it booted him and I never noticed.

Thanks for catching it. I can probably make his custom rank a staff rank after work, so he's still on that page in some capacity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I gave him a custom non-admin rank a while back for security purposes, and because the staff page is tied to the staff ranks, it booted him and I never noticed.

Thanks for catching it. I can probably make his custom rank a staff rank after work, so he's still on that page in some capacity.

Listing him as founder would be cool.

4 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Maybe a short bio as well, on how Luuv led us from the darkness that was foisted on asmb to this new land?