UnevenEdge

One security officer talks a lot about UFO's.

Sofa King Kule

Greys, crop circles, Area 51 and more can be heard from him.  He says that the U.S. government is set to make wide spread Revelations about it all in a few months.

While I don't doubt the existence of extra terrestrial life, I strongly doubt that any of them want to waste their time and money with this backward trailer park we call Earth.  They have intersteller travel and we can't even agree on who our leaders are supposed to be.

The only reason that our federal government would want to start publicizing information about them is that they want confusion, panic and diversion from whatever else government officials are not supposed to be doing.

• D'oh 1

3 minutes ago, resurrected said:

Mighty white of you to assume aliens use money.

That will never stop.  It's the true universal culture.  

They might not have the lira or the pound, but whatever their standard is, it's probably based on a valued and widely coveted resource.  That's not to be confused with any of our worthless fiat paper.

59 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

They might not have the lira or the pound, but whatever their standard is, it's probably based on a valued and widely coveted resource.  That's not to be confused with any of our worthless fiat paper.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/423/the-invention-of-money

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

So, what does any of that have to do with money cropping up every place and time where the barter system becomes too clumsy and inaccurate?

Nothing, it's relevant to the OP because that's how threads work....Not the dumbass way you try to make them work where you change the subject when you start looking stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

Nothing, it's relevant to the OP because that's how threads work....Not the dumbass way you try to make them work where you change the subject when you start looking stupid.

I'm not changing the subject at all.

Every place that you see intelligent life, you will see commerce.  Whether it's money such as what an advanced and operational civilization would use or, a barter system such as what a primative or dysfunctional civilization would use.  There are no exceptions, ever.

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

I'm not changing the subject at all.

Every place that you see intelligent life, you will see commerce.  Whether it's money such as what an advanced and operational civilization would use or, a barter system such as what a primative or dysfunctional civilization would use.  There are no exceptions, ever.

Your OP only mentions money as something they wouldn't waste on us.  

You then got hooked by Res and needed to defend your racism instead of focusing on your own subject.....We can read here, packard.

• Like 2

Just now, BlackNoir said:

Your OP only mentions money as something they wouldn't waste on us.  

You then got hooked by Res and needed to defend your racism instead of focusing on your own subject.....We can read here, packard.

Wtf are you even talking about?

First, I haven't been "hooked" by anyone in this thread.

Second, it's just plain fact that ALL civilizations engage in commerce, advanced or not, Earthly or not.

White or not.

Under absolutely NO circumstances will that fact change.

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

1 minute ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Second, it's just plain fact that ALL civilizations engage in commerce, advanced or not, Earthly or not.

White or not.

What if a civilization simply decides to live for the betterment of itself? Will a landlord be hounding someone for 300 dollars even then?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

White or not.

Oh, see I'm doing that logical thing where I read what you wrote in the OP and not the bullshit that in your brain that you add to threads later because you're too dumb to realize how dumb you are.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

What if a civilization simply decides to live for the betterment of itself? Will a landlord be hounding someone for 300 dollars even then?

A civilization that tries to better itself needs to pay more attention to stamping out corruption, fraud and marauding - the true antitheses of civilization.

If you don't like the landlord's price, there will be others more agreeable to you in any genuine commerce based civilization.

• D'oh 1

4 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

A civilization that tries to better itself needs to pay more attention to stamping out corruption, fraud and marauding - the true antitheses of civilization.

If you don't like the landlord's price, there will be others more agreeable to you in any genuine commerce based civilization.

So in a society that is not based upon commerce all basic needs are met. As in ancient and modern tribal societies you fucking moron. Are you dying yet? Have you thought about trying heroin?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

So in a society that is not based upon commerce all basic needs are met. As in ancient and modern tribal societies you fucking moron. Are you dying yet? Have you thought about trying heroin?

Animals at the zoo get all their basic needs met.  Are they prospering?  No.  Are they free?  No.

Their whole life centers around the guy who feeds them on one end and shovels away their shit on the other end.  Are they happy that way?  Figure it out.  That's not civilization.  Give six alligators one chicken to eat and you're going have only one alligator.  That's not civilization.

Edited by Sofa King Kule

Animals at the zoo get all their basic needs met.  Are they prospering?  No.  Are they free?  No.

Their whole life centers around the guy who feeds them on one end and shovels away their shit on the other end.  Are they happy that way?  Figure it out.  That's not civilization.  Give six alligators one chicken to eat and you're going have only one alligator.  That's not civilization.

This is all a bunch of gibberish. Are you equating a life aligning with nature to being a zoo animal? Do you think tribal societies that average 10 hours of work per week aren't free?

Just now, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

This is all a bunch of gibberish. Are you equating a life aligning with nature to being a zoo animal? Do you think tribal societies that average 10 hours of work per week aren't free?

Go and reside among them for a year.  THEN, come back here and tell me how beautiful and civilized it is.

Go and reside among them for a year.  THEN, come back here and tell me how beautiful and civilized it is.

I'm sure I can if their territory isn't being destroyed by farmers and other invasive action "the civilized" engage in. The original Americans migrated with their food. A lot of original settlements decided Native life was better. How has commerce bettered society?

34 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

White or not.

And which otherworldly examples are you familiar with, exactly? Or did that security guard also explain the extraterrestrials' economics?

Just now, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

I'm sure I can if their territory isn't being destroyed by farmers and other invasive action "the civilized" engage in. The original Americans migrated with their food. A lot of original settlements decided Native life was better. How has commerce bettered society?

Look at all the stuff you own.

Was even two percent of it available before the revolutionaries kicked out all the feudal lord system 250 years ago?

The feudal lord system was more corruption based than commerce based.  That was changed.

And before you tell me more about the Cherokee, et al, just keep in mind the native who hosts a lecture on the REAL story every single year in Pinedale, WY.  I attended that   it was more interesting and educational than you can be, weeb.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

And which otherworldly examples are you familiar with, exactly? Or did that security guard also explain the extraterrestrials' economics?

Like I said, commerce always follows intelligence.  Neither is possible without the other.

It's part of why we all haven't yet killed each other over the very last edible thing available.

• D'oh 1

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

So the things you own make you the person you are. That is the sad fact of being you.

Way to carry it off on a tangent and change the subject when I ask you a question, which is... Was even two percent of it in existence prior to the corrupt feudal lord system getting wiped out of this nation?

3 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Way to carry it off on a tangent and change the subject when I ask you a question, which is... Was even two percent of it in existence prior to the corrupt feudal lord system getting wiped out of this nation?

Why don't you show me another one of those speakers you ham fisted into a wooden drawer.

3 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Greys, crop circles, Area 51 and more can be heard from him.  He says that the U.S. government is set to make wide spread Revelations about it all in a few months.

While I don't doubt the existence of extra terrestrial life, I strongly doubt that any of them want to waste their time and money with this backward trailer park we call Earth.  They have intersteller travel and we can't even agree on who our leaders are supposed to be.

The only reason that our federal government would want to start publicizing information about them is that they want confusion, panic and diversion from whatever else government officials are not supposed to be doing.

2 hours ago, resurrected said:

Mighty white of you to assume aliens use money.

FF13-2-paradigm_shift.jpg

2 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Well the corrupt feudal lord system was imported by Europe so I don't understand why you're trying to answer my question of what commerce made better with a question about feudalism 

Feudalism was brought here, tolorated for a while and then...

Booted the fuck out because everyone saw that nothing of any value whatsoever came from it.

A more fair, honest and far less corrupted system was then made (though hardly perfect and very much in need of refinement, such as the total abolition of slavery and subsequent squashing and weeding out of segregation and Jim Crow)

Was any civilization, including this one, ever perfect?  No.  Can we give this civilization any credit for at least correcting itself and making necessary changes?  Yes.

Do we still need improvement?  Yes.

We can start the path toward improvement by weeding out corruption, fraud, waste and maraudery.  Once that's out of the way, we can finally start addressing individual and group grievances in earnest and resolving them with value and fairness.

You're not going to get any of that when bum rushing the Halls of Congress dressed like a fuzzy opera singer is presented as an answer to losing an election.

Nor will anything good happen when a black man's store is ransacked and burned as a response to a corrupted white cop who killed a black man.

What DID that store owner have to do with Floyd's murder?

• D'oh 1

5 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

I can’t see how this ufo thread made a jump to George Floyd tho

It's easy, when dealing with people like you.

I mentioned space aliens not wanting to waste their money by dealing with any part of this planet and then someone pipes up asking why the aliens would have money.

I said commerce is the keystone of all civilization and then someone goes on rant about that's not true.

To make a long story short, nobody here makes any distinction between honest commerce and the corruption that's always trying to crush it.  Then, racism got tossed into the mix and Floyd gets mentioned.

5 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Look at all the stuff you own.

Was even two percent of it available before the revolutionaries kicked out all the feudal lord system 250 years ago?

The feudal lord system was more corruption based than commerce based.  That was changed.

And before you tell me more about the Cherokee, et al, just keep in mind the native who hosts a lecture on the REAL story every single year in Pinedale, WY.  I attended that   it was more interesting and educational than you can be, weeb.

It figures you wouldn't know what the feudal system is.

• Like 1

I went to bed and this shit is still going on.

Packard didn't get any sleep last night.

He's still arguing aliens and money, and I love how it ended up with George Floyd.

I mean, it had already taken a racist turn before I went to bed.

Leave it to Packard to turn a stupid conversation about aliens into some racist shit.

Hahahaha.

25 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

Oh, what kinda people is he

Take your pick.

There's at least one in every random crowd.  It's a behavior disorder that can't be pinned to any particular visual trait, just like anybody can be bipolar.

This place isn't a random crowd.  It's a cluster of cohesive similars.  That makes it just perfect if anyone decides to be a dishonest, cherry picking statistician who counts opinions or behavior patterns.

What's normal anymore in the face of that?

• D'oh 1

36 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Take your pick.

There's at least one in every random crowd.  It's a behavior disorder that can't be pinned to any particular visual trait, just like anybody can be bipolar.

This place isn't a random crowd.  It's a cluster of cohesive similars.  That makes it just perfect if anyone decides to be a dishonest, cherry picking statistician who counts opinions or behavior patterns.

What's normal anymore in the face of that?

How is quoting you in context cherry picking. 

The error comes when you change the subject

• Thanks 1

• panic locked this topic