UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 The End Begins Re-Run Discussion!

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I never saw any of this stuff coming with aot. The history they put forth is nothing like i was expecting

Such a deeper and sometimes more complex turn it took compared to the first three whole seasons. I love a series that can surprise me at any turn, and this forth season really shook everything up.

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Such a deeper and sometimes more complex turn it took compared to the first three whole seasons. I love a series that can surprise me at any turn, and this forth season really shook everything up.

I don't mind it at all and I like that they flipped it on it's head. It does feel kind of disjointed in some spots though. The change in direction is a little jarring.

• Like 3

Just now, DangerMouse said:

And there's the wine.

"You should recommend this one" 

*Dramatic music increases*

When we first watched this episode live on Toonami, I never would have suspect the wine would have been this important. It's so easy to see the director focusing on it now though. 

• Like 1

Hizuru helping but turning them down in terms of actually being an active ally and they've been unsuccessful at gaining any others it seems, Eren's stuck.

Even if they continue to do nothing the nations would have still declared war after Willy's speech, since they were already cheering Willy's declaration even before Eren burst through that building.

Edited by DangerMouse

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I don't mind it at all and I like that they flipped it on it's head. It does feel kind of disjointed in some spots though. The change in direction is a little jarring.

It sometimes does feel like we skipped a season to get here, with how rapid and intense everything changed including Eren himself. 

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

It sometimes does feel like we skipped a season to get here, we have rapid and intense everything changed including Eren himself. 

Yeah. Looks like they unsuccessfully tried to find other options during all this time before the raid but didn't manage to make any allied countries and even Hizuru despite being willing to help is unwilling to actually openly side and fight with them.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AnimationFan14 said:

It sometimes does feel like we skipped a season to get here, with how rapid and intense everything changed including Eren himself. 

Yes definitely this. And as a result the characters somehow feel less familiar, but that kind of works in a way too.

• Like 2

Just now, saito34 said:

Yes definitely this. And as a result the characters somehow feel less familiar, but that kind of works in a way too.

Yeah we're in the same shoes as they are regarding all the uncertainty they're facing with their new enemy and also Eren's change.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah we're in the same shoes as they are regarding all the uncertainty they're facing with their new enemy and also Eren's change.

Yup and it's pretty effective.

Edited by saito34

Just now, saito34 said:

It might work well if that less familiar feeling is what the creators were originally going for. 

Like these flashback moments in these episodes feel like they could have been a whole season by itself. However showing these flashbacks after we already know how everything turns out in the present creates it's own kind of tension and intrigue of how everything could go so wrong. I am really enjoying this season but I do have different opinions on it at the same time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

We are right in Mikasa and Armin's shoes with their confusion and anxiety and that does work well with the direction of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

It might work well if that less familiar feeling is what the creators were originally going for. 

Like these flashback moments in these episodes feel like they could have been a whole season by itself. However showing these flashbacks after we already know how everything turns out in the present creates it's own kind of tension and intrigue of how everything could go so wrong. I am really enjoying this season but I do have different opinions on it at the same time.

Definitely have similar feelings about how this season played out. And I always wonder about the creators intentions. It'd be amazing if that was the actual plan.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Definitely have similar feelings about how this season played out. And I always wonder about the creators intentions. It'd be amazing if that was the actual plan.

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Would love to see some insight into this shift and how he felt he executed it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Yeah, exactly, I've got mixed feelings on what my preference might have been on a few things (and probably how they're seemingly using Eren) but I'm really enjoying the complexity of the season and it definitely added another different layer of tension to replace a lot of the mystery tension we lost having learned the truths of the world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I'm curious as well.

It really was a good ride though even if it all didnt pan out perfectly. The show just felt epic from the get go and I was always really intrigued by the mystery and possibilities. Not a lot of shows can do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Haha, I was recently doing that too a couple of weeks back last time Konan did nothing and also like a month ago when the hokages were facing Madara and Tsunade had such a disappointing showing compared other big moments for key Leaf ninja like Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kakashi, etc. even though she's the freaking hokage of the Leaf for most of the show. How do you not give her a showpiece fight, lol?

Yeah Tsunade was disappointing there.  But all the Kages were.  I think the goal was to make Madara look more badass, but it just made the Kages look shitty lol.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, saito34 said:

It really was a good ride though even if it all didnt pan out perfectly. The show just felt epic from the get go and I was always really intrigued by the mystery and possibilities. Not a lot of shows can do that.

Yeah!

And the same thing with now, even with the twist in direction it's still just incredibly epic and interesting.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah, especially in that room scene where they were trying to decide what to do.

I was thinking of when they were riding on the train.  I had to go check to make sure if it wasn't Dallas Reid who played Conny haha.

Edited by ben0119

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I was thinking of when they were riding on the train.  I had to go check to make sure if it wasn't Dallas Reid who played Conny haha.

Oh okay that's a good one too where I feel they're similar.

I'm thinking of when he and Sasha were having their little face off and also when he lost his cool during their conversation in the room about Eren.

Edited by DangerMouse

17 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh okay that's a good one too where I feel they're similar.

I'm thinking of when he and Sasha were having their little face off and also when he lost his cool during their conversation in the room about Eren.

Oh ok yeah.  Maybe I should go check that scene out again.  If there is a part where Clifford Chapin has to raise his voice as Conny, it will definitely make it sound like Dallas Reid's Asta, haha.  

Although it was funny hearing Dallas Reid as a calm collected character on My Hero Academia. xD

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok yeah.  Maybe I should go check that scene out again.  If there is a part where Clifford Chapin has to raise his voice as Conny, it will definitely make it sound like Dallas Reid's Asta, haha.  

Although it was funny hearing Dallas Reid as a calm collected character on My Hero Academia. xD

yeah and i need to watch the train scene again to hear him again